The Official Prometheus (Alien Prequel) Thread

Associate
Out of interest, when was the last "great" Sci-fi movie or trilogy released. By "great" I meant something that is epic in the sense of Alien or Aliens/Star Wars (originals ofc)/Terminator 1 or 2/Back to the Future etc.

???? Anyone know?

Associate
I suppose the last big one was the matrix, but it's very debatable whether that's a great one when you look at the second 2 films, but it at least hits the spot of "huge".

Really looking forward to this one.

Associate
I suppose the last big one was the matrix, but it's very debatable whether that's a great one when you look at the second 2 films, but it at least hits the spot of "huge".

Really looking forward to this one.

Good spot - The Matrix is definitely in there. Even though the sequels were mediocre, which also happened for Alien 3, 4 etc.

Soldato
Seen the actual Trailer (legit)

Just wanted to say that today I seen the trailer which will be coming out soon.

It wasn't a teaser...it was a full blown trailer of scenes from the movie. It was part of a survey I did and about 90 seconds long.

I have to say, it looks good. I never go off trailers, but everything I took from this one was positive so I have hopes that this will be a really good fim.
It didn't show any clear footage of Aliens, just tiny glimpses.

Looking forward to checking the trailer out in HD when it's officially released :cool:

Soldato
OP
It does look a bit too 'polished' compared to the alien fillms.

I feel as though the Aliens themselves will only be a small frenetic portion of the movie towards the end. I've tracked this movie since it was first announced and I feel as though while RS will deliberately tie this in with Alien, he doesn't want to make another actual "Alien" movie.

Soldato
I feel as though the Aliens themselves will only be a small frenetic portion of the movie towards the end. I've tracked this movie since it was first announced and I feel as though while RS will deliberately tie this in with Alien, he doesn't want to make another actual "Alien" movie.
That's fine with me. I'm far more interested in a decent story than whizz-bang CGI aliens flying around everywhere.

Associate
AVP does not exist...AVP does not exist...AVP does not exist...AVP does not exist...

Story and depth please, there are so many movies nowadays that rely on a real heavy use of CGI that they just become forgettable. I also agree with the idea that less is more cornerning the Aliens themselves, which is what made Alien and to a lesser extent, Aliens so good.

Back
Top Bottom