The Official Prometheus (Alien Prequel) Thread

Man of Honour
The part i've highlighted in yellow really worries me :(

Why it'll just mean it'll be rubbish in 3D just watch it in 2d.

Just hope it has an 18 rating. If it is anything else it will be rubbish and it may well be rubbish anyway. I'll still watch it and give it a go though.

Space Jockey is very organic like the aliens themselves, i wouldnt be surprised if there's some giant reveal in the movie like they created the aliens or are a more evolved version of them....although if Scott goes down the whole Resurrection route with some alien hybrid i may just kill myself...again.

Soldato
its ridley scotts ' star wars' . prob be a story telling mess with un needed cgi characters aimed at kids with a game franchise in mind . make them aliens all lovely and cuddly.

Soldato
Well, speaking as someone who enjoyed all the alien movies, yes I'll agree 4 was very weak but still enjoyable, I am greatly looking forward to this, I love Scott as a director and honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. New concepts, new ideas, new information, always good.

Also a question, how exactly is the Space Jockey being an exoskeleton bad? In the grand scheme of things it makes no difference anyway.

Soldato
I dont like the idea of the film to be honest. Alien is a pure classic and it should stay that way. To actually be heralded as a good film, this new movie will have to literally compete with aliens in the eyes of fans globally. Quite a tall order even for scott to be fair.

I'd have much prefered to seen a back to grass roots style alien film which is purely aimed at 18 only and to be utterly brutal in portraying the alien as what it actually is. This could have been what actually happens to the colonists before the events of aliens. So the company telling them to look at the grid reference like in aliens uncut, going to the ship (like in aliens uncut) then the building of the barracades and how the rest of the aliens get into the colony etc.

Final short of the dropship landing at the end of such a film would have been truly epic.

The first two films did this really well and you really got the sense of dread in both films. I enjoyed the third film and liked the idea of it, although the effects wasn't as good as niether was some of the acting sadly. The fourth film was truly abysmal and I thought AVP was dumbed down way too much for the audience it should have appealed to.

Associate
Ridley Scott is unlike George Lucas, who is a one trick pony, Scott is a two trick pony.

Leave Alien alone.

But I do hope he makes the sequel that we all want to Blade Runner.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like the premise of being an Alien prequel has been canned...

Ridley Scott's next movie Prometheus has been confirmed for worldwide release on March 9, 2012, 20th Century Fox has announced.

The project, which was initially conceived as an Alien prequel, will now instead be an "original science fiction epic" scripted by Jon Spaihts and Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof.

Explaining the evolution of the movie, Scott said: "While Alien was indeed the jumping-off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place.

"The keen fan will recognise strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart."

Lindelof added that working alongside Scott is "a dream come true".

"In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots, I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley's vision was for this movie," Lindelof said. "It's daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects."

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo actress Noomi Rapace will lead the cast of Prometheus as scientist Elizabeth Shaw. The rest of the cast are expected to be announced soon. Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender have recently been rumoured for roles.

Soldato
I can predict multiple replies of "this has got Scott onboard - he's the original director - he directed the first one - did you know he directed the first one - it's going to be great - woo" etc.

And then when the trailer comes out - "OMG this is going to be incredible - this is just what I wanted blah blah blah nyeeehhh"

It's going to suck.

Did someone kill your pet puppy recently as you seem to be awfully negative, just a general analysis, not a dig. :)

I like Ridley Scott and his directing and think this will be at least on par.

Associate
Ridley Scott is unlike George Lucas, who is a one trick pony, Scott is a two trick pony.

Leave Alien alone.

But I do hope he makes the sequel that we all want to Blade Runner.

No way -- you can't do a Blade Runner without Rutger Hauer and a younger Harrison Ford it would be Sacrilege :eek:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die."

One of the most classic lines in a film. imo of course .

Back
Top Bottom