• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ray Tracing Thread - Read the First Post before posting***

Ok. other than the Frame Rates can anyone tell the difference between High and Ultra RT settings?
There is a difference, but its so subtle you can hardly even see it.

jQF3KA6.jpeg

fudCkzG.jpeg

5PW1Ylm.jpeg

YWT6VVp.jpeg

PCkRyTU.jpeg

MA9lbVt.jpeg

IfbFkCa.jpeg

5WfO4W3.jpeg

RT Ultra:
lTXCPCk.jpeg

RT High:
7TNvbm2.jpeg

Interestingly the last patch fixed Ray Reconstruction it seems as now you can see the denoising difference:

On:
qoegWCH.gif

Off:
n3c87g8.gif

Still an fps drop of about 7fps when enabling it though...

Ultra settings, motion blur off. DLSS Balanced because it's DLSS 3.7, Frame Gen on. You still have to alt+tab back in when loading some areas as FG glitches out and alt tabbing sorts it.

Have not changed any ini settings as nothing seemed needing to be changed )(typically chromatic aberration and film grain maybe).

Last edited:
I found this Nvidia test sample in an Unreal Engine plugin, so i had some fun modifying it.
Only RTX works on AMD, RDNA 3 tested, i don't have an Nvidia GPU so....

Good Grief..... These people have one job, how is it that when i request a link from it to share it assumes by default that i only want to share it with myself????? If i'm requesting a link from it to share it with myself why didn't i just click the download button in the same ______ context menu????? Why do i have to dig through sub menus to see that sharing a link is restricted to myself?

You can't get the staff eh? For the first time in history average IQ level's are falling, your IQ doesn't decrease as you get older, it actually increases slightly, so if average IQ's are falling you don't need a high one to figure out what's going on here, i blame modern education.

This one should work, tho maybe not.....

The project does not have 150 veteran graphics engineers who can maintain an insanely huge renderer. [...] First of all, it should be ray/path-tracing only (with base raster pass). This saves incredible amounts of work, as shadows, GI, reflections, etc. would all be ray traced. Hybrids like Unreal or Unity HDRP are far too much complexity, and hardware is getting there anyway.

cWpkgiy.gif

Hopefully he can do better at qualcomm than he did at amd

XDQU7St.png

XZLOFxC.png

Black Myth: Wukong is an Unreal Engine 5 game that leverages the latest technologies to create one of the most detailed and visually stunning games seen to date.

As part of our collaboration with Game Science, Black Myth: Wukong on PC is further enhanced with cutting-edge features that take performance and image quality to the next level on GeForce RTX 40 Series systems.

Full ray tracing is a demanding but highly accurate way to render light and its effect on a scene. Also known as Path Tracing, this advanced ray tracing technique is used by visual effects artists to create film and TV graphics that are indistinguishable from reality, but until the arrival of GeForce RTX GPUs with RT Cores, and the AI-powered acceleration of NVIDIA DLSS, full ray tracing in real-time video games was impossible.

In Black Myth: Wukong full ray tracing increases the fidelity and quality of lighting, reflections and shadows. Reflections on water reflect all surrounding detail. Water caustics add further realism, accurately rendering the refraction and reflection of light. Fully ray-traced Global Illumination ensures lighting indoors and outdoors is pixel perfect, darkening areas where light is occluded or doesn’t reach, and realistically illuminating the world by bouncing light. And in concert with the lighting system, contact hardening and softening fully ray traced shadows are cast everywhere, rendering the smallest of shadows from leaves and pebbles, and those from geometry-rich buildings, the main character, and the gigantic bosses that must be overcome.

67TTztx.gif

Back
Top Bottom