• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ray Tracing Thread - Read the First Post before posting***

what fps do the 4000 series get before frame generation? I imagine the 4070 would be close to the 3080.. So is 30fps before frame gen enough for a smooth experience? Guess everyone that doesn't have a 4090 needs an upgrade.

2560x1440 is using dlss quality so about 30 FPS but given how incredible dlss performance mode is now as evidenced with 3.7, this will bring it up to about 60 FPS and then FSR 3.1 fg will bring that up to a nice 80+ fps I suspect which is good enough for me.

Also, it does say a pre build so hopefully there will be some more optimisation between that and the final build.

It's going to be the same experience as in Cyberpunk and Alan Wake 2, so if the pre frame gen fps is below 60, then yes there will be noticeable input lag even with reflex for mouse camera movement. If a controller is used though then it doesn't matter as any input latency is not registered playing via a controller just like on consoles.

It's going to be the same experience as in Cyberpunk and Alan Wake 2, so if the pre frame gen fps is below 60, then yes there will be noticeable input lag even with reflex for mouse camera movement. If a controller is used though then it doesn't matter as any input latency is not registered playing via a controller just like on consoles.

And this too, I always use controller for 3rd person games like this :)

XDQU7St.png

XZLOFxC.png

67TTztx.gif
Wish I could copy-paste this into every game I play :))
So is 30fps before frame gen enough for a smooth experience? Guess everyone that doesn't have a 4090 needs an upgrade.
If that would be a serious issue, consoles would be dead and buried a long, long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom