• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ray Tracing Thread - Read the First Post before posting***

MqGWT9N.png

zPeh0Bs.png

And as per usual, best to use DLSS if you can:

It is important to know that Nobody Wants To The ones do not have its own TAA, like some other Unreal-Engine 5 titles, instead, is always rendered with one of the upsampling algorithms. The native resolution can be used with all four upsampling technologies.

DLSS Super Resolution makes the best impression by far in the game. Only DLSS really has all the graphics elements under control, on a GeForce RTX graphics card nothing else should be used. While TSR usually remains close to DLSS, Nobody Wants To Die does not. Because especially with the noise of the lumen effects, TSR does not cope well, here AMD FSR does a better job in all resolutions. TSR, on the other hand, manages to calm other objects better than FSR, but this is less often than in other titles. Overall, FSR and TSR are equivalent in the game. Depending on how your own preferences are, the upsampling technology should be chosen.

XeSS in the DP4a version is not recommended, especially with the lumen noise, Intel's upsampling does not come upswing at all. The fact that visible ghosting is repeatedly added does not compensate for the better image stability compared to FSR. XeSS on Intel GPUs looks better, but the lumen noise and ghosting, albeit less intense, remain available. If the intense noise does not bother, XeSS is a good alternative, otherwise you should give TSR or FSR preference.

So I just installd CoD MW3 as I have free Game Pass and saw it was on there. Since when did CoD have Path Tracing?!?!

Mv6pacj.jpeg

And why does path tracing have its own DLSS preset when DLSS upscaling has its own preset too....

So I just installd CoD MW3 as I have free Game Pass and saw it was on there. Since when did CoD have Path Tracing?!?!

Mv6pacj.jpeg

And why does path tracing have its own DLSS preset when DLSS upscaling has its own preset too....

Path tracing is only in the gun range and photo mode iirc :o :(

But perhaps a good sign for the next COD.....

Hmm seems it's only for the multiplayer part of the game, campaign loads it's own environment and has fewer modern gfx settings so no oath tracing lol.

Still, looks good though, using NIS native and still able to lock the game to a constant 120fps for silent 4K gaming :cry:

Here's an example of Path vs Ray vs Raster when you cherry pick areas of a game where all three look great at first glance, but then you scan the scene even if briefly and the tells stick out.

Path traced:
viQbwTk.jpeg

Ray traced:
niELQVg.jpeg

Raster:
1L9eJi3.jpeg

A 70fps hit though for fine wine details, a chunk of that could be that the entire background has vanished in raster :cry:

Last edited:
Here's an example of Path vs Ray vs Raster when you cherry pick areas of a game where all three look great at first glance, but then you scan the scene even if briefly and the tells stick out.

Path traced:
viQbwTk.jpeg

Ray traced:
niELQVg.jpeg

Raster:
1L9eJi3.jpeg

A 70fps hit though for fine wine details, a chunk of that could be that the entire background has vanished in raster :cry:

Funny that and there were people saying they don't want RT because it makes things too dark :p :cry: :D

It does go to show how much raster misses out on even in games such as this where the raster effects are still arguably very good but that's what happens when you have to do these things manually and literally make sure to cover every single frame/scene....

Looks like it will run great!

Well seems like it might just....

kWrztaP.png

Of course when RT is activated, amd perf. will more than likely plummet as we all know.... Also, I'm sure DF will reveal all if there is adaptive resolution happening to maintain the fps target.

Well seems like it might just....

kWrztaP.png

Of course when RT is activated, amd perf. will more than likely plummet as we all know.... Also, I'm sure DF will reveal all if there is adaptive resolution happening to maintain the fps target.
Why would people be worried about it running on the PS5, but not the XBox?

The PS5 has a weaker GPU but uses an API similar to Mantle/Vulkan, the XBox is similar to DX12 which has more in common with DX11 than anything, its why everything runs better on the PS5.

Back
Top Bottom