• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ray Tracing Thread - Read the First Post before posting***

Funny that and there were people saying they don't want RT because it makes things too dark :p :cry: :D

It does go to show how much raster misses out on even in games such as this where the raster effects are still arguably very good but that's what happens when you have to do these things manually and literally make sure to cover every single frame/scene....

Don't celebrate just yet, as you still have fake lights in path tracing mode. You can disable them via a mod...
Also it helps to see the poor quality of reflections as well on something outside of "hero" assets. I'm not sure how much is just lack of interest into bringing up to date everything or engine limitations, but it is what it is... Sadly, no options to have a 1:1 reflections and such. Probably through modding....

PS: and @mrk said Alan Wake 2 had fake/bake lighting with the doors :p

LE: darn, how bad that leg it looks animated like that! :)))

Last edited:
XFmtSX9.png

Damn how cool aint this. And now, people Really really have to start worry about China doing awesome video games. Oh and also - No Woke from them I guess :D
Go China go...!

Very hard hitting this! Would say similar to AW 2 levels of perf. With RT on very high and other raster based settings dropped to medium, low and with dlss perf, seeing about 35-40 fps at 4k, no frame gen so with that modded in, probably get it to about 70-80 fps which will be much more playable. Looks to be another well optimised UE 5 title on the vram front, dedicated vram wise, not seeing more than 7GB at most used.

Roll on 50xx for that RT goodness already........

Reactions: TNA
Here's a run with the scaling for upscaling set to 100% internal render res (4K) instead of the default 50 (1080P):
wWPT6co.jpeg

And normal settings but just Frame Gen off:
RIL4MZA.jpeg

And when you exit the "UPSCALING IS BAAAAAAAAD" hate wagon and use actually good settings:
JyE8hmF.jpg

For some reason my bench result say RT is off, but its on in settings (and you can see its on in benchmark).

I hope they split the post-processing feature into it's constituent parts. There's nasty in there amongst good.

It's UE5, so don't expect any separation in the settings beyond what UE offers by as standard. Local file mods will be needed to turn off specific things.

The usual unreal engine .ini file line additions to add options or disable options etc. Can't recall them off memory but usually if a game needs tweaking then someone has already posted the lines to add in engine.ini in the game thread so just go about editing the file and job done.

The usual unreal engine .ini file line additions to add options or disable options etc. Can't recall them off memory but usually if a game needs tweaking then someone has already posted the lines to add in engine.ini in the game thread so just go about editing the file and job done.

Unreal Engine has a limited amount of ready made flowgraph nodes for this kind of stuff but anything added to the .ini file can be manually made as an active user input switch by the developer, if they chose to.

Yeah that's the thing, they don't choose to and just put in whatever Epic put into the UI by default generally. A few games are outliers but generally some faffing about with ini files is needed for the best experience like disabling chromatic aberration being the main one.

Just tried the Black Myth benchmark on my 7900XTX... it wasn't pretty XD

Maxed out everything including RT, Frame gen on, FSR set to 75% which I'm guessing would be akin to the Quality setting and 100% being akin to "Native AA" and average FPS at 3440x1440 was 17... ouch.

Turned RT off, Everything else left the same and average FPS was well over 100.

I know the next round of cards are RDNA4 which are targeted to be low and mid range only with their highest end card being akin to something like a 7800XT but much cheaper and much lower power consumption etc.... but for RDNA5 their RT perf needs to be turned up to 11 otherwise AMD will lose more marketshare to Nvidia purely on the fact Nvidia's RT performance in most titles is a lot better.

Last edited:

Maxed out everything including RT, Frame gen on, FSR set to 75% which I'm guessing would be akin to the Quality setting and 100% being akin to "Native AA" and average FPS at 3440x1440 was 17... ouch.

I know the next round of cards are RDNA4 which are targeted to be low and mid range only with their highest end card being akin to something like a 7800XT but much cheaper and much lower power consumption etc.... but for RDNA5 their RT perf needs to be turned up to 11 otherwise AMD will lose more marketshare to Nvidia purely on the fact Nvidia's RT performance in most titles is a lot better.
Get out of here with that balanced and reasoned argument, we'll have none of that :D

;-)

Oof, RiP AMD!!!! :D

Looking more forward to Space Marine 2 personally, an AMD game so at least it may have decent perf/upscale ;)
The callisto protocol, jedi survivor, TLOU, starfield say hello.... :p :D

Yup if they can't get it sorted by rdna 5, that's amd done imo.

Back
Top Bottom