• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ray Tracing Thread - Read the First Post before posting***

Soldato
Just played Spiderman Remastered with the 7900XTX and I was quite pleasantly surprised with the performance with max settings, TAA, Max RT at 3440x1440 zero upscaling and no frame gen and I was getting north of 120FPS, Looks pretty nice too :)

RwPAgiS.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely love the Gears games, Mainly 1-3, 4+5 are a bit so so. Wish they'd bring 2+3 to PC.
I'm also a big Gears fan I really wished the rumours about a trilogy remaster/remake were true.

Gears E-Day is a 2026 game at the earliest so it'll most likely be a cross-gen game to showcase the next Xbox and it's ray tracing capabilities. Time flies indeed.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think it's pretty clear that UE5 is basically the engine of choice for nearly all devs now lol. In-house engines are down the pan, even the Dawn engine is gone in favour of UE5. I can see why. Lumen and Nanite and the video editor built into UE5 means a dev can create entire movies in UE5 using in-engine assets.

Caporegime
I think it's pretty clear that UE5 is basically the engine of choice for nearly all devs now lol. In-house engines are down the pan, even the Dawn engine is gone in favour of UE5. I can see why. Lumen and Nanite and the video editor built into UE5 means a dev can create entire movies in UE5 using in-engine assets.
Even the lauded Crysis-engine seems to have gone down the pan lately.

Caporegime

Yeah it's quite surprising how quickly it has been adopted tbh, even older games getting updated to UE 5.

Caporegime
I'll always prefer hardware pt/rt but just even having software mode of lumen is such a big upgrade over raster methods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom