• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ray Tracing Thread - Read the First Post before posting***

Stutter should not exist at all regardless of game world size. If indie devs can do it using UE5 then big houses have no excuse. Epic have the tools in place for devs to use, and MS have had DS in place for a while too.
There's a big IF there. Just because you have tools to do, doesn't mean things get done. Besides, Direct Storage isn't about shader compilation.

Last edited:
There's a big IF there. Just because you have tools to do, doesn't mean things get done. Besides, Direct Storage isn't about shader compilation.

I don't mind shader compilation as long as it's done prior to actually getting into the game like in The Last of Us PT1, Takes like 5 or so minutes but then the game is smooth as butter.

"Hardware ray tracing is the future of the industry at this point"

Well there we have it. UE5 has the ability out of the box to make this a true genuine reality, it's just down to devs to put the additional QA time to test the hardware path in UE5 instead of just focusing on enabling Software Lumen.

The consoles just are not man enough to handle full scale RTGI, and budget cuts have had to be made, watch that gameplay video properly and you'll notice a lot of texture/shadow pop-in because the RTGI is quite expensive. This game on PC is going to be the real show piece for RTGI, as always.

Loving all this ray tracing goodness, hopefully 50xx comes in time for these titles :cool: Really hope once AMD get their act together with rdna 4 and RT, we'll start to see more options to enable hardware ray tracing or at the very least, like avatar, hardware be used at the higher settings with a fallback to software for lesser settings.

Last edited:
Really hope once AMD get their act together with rdna 4 and RT, we'll start to see more options to enable hardware ray tracing or at the very least, like avatar, hardware be used at the higher settings with a fallback to software for lesser settings.

Right now AMD's RDNA3, In the best case scenario, Is roughly where Nvidia's 3000 series was which is ok but considering how long RT has now been in the mainstream I truly hope AMD hit it out of the park with RDNA4's RT performance, Their raster performance could stay where it is now but if their RT performance were to match Nvidia's 4000 series or a bit more mixed with decent pricing, Considering RDNA4 is only meant to be targeting mid range, Then they'll be onto a winner.

Fingers crossed as a monopolised market won't be good for anyone aside from Nvidia shareholders.

Right now AMD's RDNA3, In the best case scenario, Is roughly where Nvidia's 3000 series was which is ok but considering how long RT has now been in the mainstream I truly hope AMD hit it out of the park with RDNA4's RT performance, Their raster performance could stay where it is now but if their RT performance were to match Nvidia's 4000 series or a bit more mixed with decent pricing, Considering RDNA4 is only meant to be targeting mid range, Then they'll be onto a winner.

Fingers crossed as a monopolised market won't be good for anyone aside from Nvidia shareholders.

Yeah it's certainly playable RDNA 3 with RT but still a pretty poor look when you think that 30xx is now 3+ years old..... it's not a good look at all imo for rdna 3 to be matching 30xx/ampere in RT games especially when practically the majority of games coming out now feature RT. The writing was on the walls way back when rdna 2 and ampere launched but it could be somewhat overlooked but less so over the last 1-2 years and most certainly not anymore especially with UE 5 proving to be so popular.

I think if amd can at the very "least" get rdna 4 to match a 4080 rt and FSR 3.1 nailed (in terms of upscaling quality and frame gen being consistently good [ghost of tsuhima is excellent and the best "official" implementation to date]) and price it very competively, they'll do very well. They don't need to beat nvidia in everything across the board but they need to price appropriately for what they offer now. I imagine given how sony and microsoft are now prioritizing rt in their games and ue 5 being the go to engine, amd will take it more seriously as they won't want to come across like they're under delivering and not meeting what the industry/their customers want now.

Loving all this ray tracing goodness, hopefully 50xx comes in time for these titles :cool: Really hope once AMD get their act together with rdna 4 and RT, we'll start to see more options to enable hardware ray tracing or at the very least, like avatar, hardware be used at the higher settings with a fallback to software for lesser settings.

I've encountered a bug in Elden ring

I had RT maxed out and it was running fine at 4k 60 when I started the DLC. And then after an hour the weather in the game changed and it started raining and as soon as the rain started the framerate tanked to 35fps and I was like wtf. But the interesting thing is I quit the game back to the main menu, loaded the save file again and it was still raining but now it's rock solid 60fps again. I've heard in reviews that it has PC performance issues so maybe this is one of them

The game still has weird GPU optimisation issues as well - my 4090 won't go above 210 watts, even when that issue happened where it dropped to 35fps it was stuck at 210watts

Last edited:
On a gaming post, someone on Facebook who hasn't played Cyberpunk, saying this about path tracing on my screenshots as posted previously, namely:

qSjitwt.jpg

7A5ABRM.jpg

That lights and shadows are incorrect.
Last photo example. Sun is at behind and there is overexposed highlight at front of the car and shadow is going more to the sun than in different direction.Night photos. There is tons of shadows even at night from many different kind of lightsources and on that photos there is almost zero shadows from lights...etc there is lot of it

They then said this:
...to be honest forza horizon 5 have better handling of lights and shadows

The screenshot example of Forza they showed, this oversaturated nonsense taken in photo mode, in Forza RT rendering is half resolution for reflections and some other stuff when in normal game mode, they only render full res in photo mode:
4ppiwU4.jpeg

Highly useful that....

They then claimed I have no knowledge of lighting or photographing cars :cry:
Robbie Khan you clearly have no clue of automotive photography.
1f600.png
i am just wasting my time with random dude which got badly hurted by kritism on multibilion company
1f602.png
jesus man i am laughing

Thankfully there are some members who are more normal minded, they replied to the clown:
I think you are the one hurt here tbh. I don't know your depth of lighting in real-life, but I think it is clear you have some misconceptions about how lighting in computer graphics works.
1. Path tracing has nothing to do with "multi-billion company"(nvidia). Path tracing is here for ages and all the movies and CGI render engines are using this. It is an algorithm... Not some technology patented by some company.
2. Path tracing is literally the simulation of how light works. There are many methods to "emulate" the look, but in rasterization (how games are rendered normally) the image is not produced by lighting, it is just "shading" on top. And though it can look quite good and realistic, it is nowhere near as accurate as path tracing. It is physically not possible. So you can argue what looks good to you or not, but you cant say "rasterization" lighting is "accurate" than "path tracing". It is physically impossible because how both of these algorithms work. You are biased because you hate nvidia or something... but pathtracing has nothing to do with nvidia.

Where do these jokers emerge from suddenly out of nowhere lmao, and why is it always those who have an axe to grind about a brand because they can't run it that seem to be the ones that always do this online :o

On a gaming post, someone on Facebook who hasn't played Cyberpunk, saying this about path tracing on my screenshots as posted previously, namely:

qSjitwt.jpg

7A5ABRM.jpg

They then said this:

The screenshot example of Forza they showed, this oversaturated nonsense taken in photo mode, in Forza RT rendering is half resolution for reflections and some other stuff when in normal game mode, they only render full res in photo mode:
4ppiwU4.jpeg

Highly useful that....

They then claimed I have no knowledge of lighting or photographing cars :cry:

Thankfully there are some members who are more normal minded, they replied to the clown:

Where do these jokers emerge from suddenly out of nowhere lmao, and why is it always those who have an axe to grind about a brand because they can't run it that seem to be the ones that always do this online :o
Good post and it clearly shows, how delusional and dumb people can get. Nice lesson to -SHOW- salty people :D

Reactions: mrk
Hmm watching that video after reading the article had strong expectations, but the video, granted it's only 1080p60, shows low complexity LOD textures and nothing that looks ground breaking or "UE5" - Could easily be mistaken for a last gen game going by that video only.

Need alternative footage at 4K60.

Back
Top Bottom