****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
I am completely in love with it. I probably would have gone for it in black but with current shortages I was looking for any high end aero bike in an XL\58cm frame with Ultegra Di2. I ended up buying this unseen from a Welsh retailer and having it shipped up. In the flesh though I was really impressed with the matt grey. The handlebar setup looks crazy but in a good way. :D

I've already marked the frame with poor cadence sensor positioning though. :(:mad:

Soldato
I am completely in love with it. I probably would have gone for it in black but with current shortages I was looking for any high end aero bike in an XL\58cm frame with Ultegra Di2. I ended up buying this unseen from a Welsh retailer and having it shipped up. In the flesh though I was really impressed with the matt grey. The handlebar setup looks crazy but in a good way. :D

I've already marked the frame with poor cadence sensor positioning though. :(:mad:

Probably for the best, I dropped my chain on my bike week after I got it and it scraped all inside around the bb, they'll get marked sooner or later and now you've marked it you won't be afraid of using it as it needs to be ridden so can enjoy it without the constant worry!

Man of Honour
Not sure where Cyclocross bikes fit; here or in the Gravel thread?

My new Cube Cross Race; just an entry level job for knocking around Vienna which has a mix of cycle paths, canal paths and woodland trails.

1632584250419.jpg

I need to play about with the bars and seat position but overall really happy with it - fast, smooth, stiff, light enough - rides really well.

I don't really like black bikes (especially not matt black) but there are just so few sub €1500 bikes in stock out here, so I compromised.

I have to admit it looks pretty decent in the flesh.

Soldato
Good bikes them. Sold quite a few of them and the pro model.

Only complaint from me would be the hubs aren't the best but change the wheels out through time you'll be grand.

Are you having the hoods pointing up to decrease the reach? Might be worth a shorter stem rather than that for more control.

Man of Honour
Nah, I just plonked the bars on and took it up and down the street to get a feel for it, otherwise its as if came out of the box.
I'll play about with the bars and levers tomorrow to find a comfortable position.

Soldato
My workhorse bike. It has done all sorts from summer riding to commuting to being fitted with a rack and fully loaded with a weeks' worth of shopping. From now on it is likely to be a wet weather and winter bike only as I have a new bike for good weather riding and a cheap hybrid for popping into town. It's build up with Campagnolo parts other than the Shimano 105 chainset and Tektro long drop brakes.

EJFYFJS.jpeg

Soldato
It's a lovely bike, but before you think about upgrading to di2 you may want to remove the dork disk :D
I really want to get rid of it but I don't yet have the tool to take the cassette off. I have thought about hacking it away with a pair of secateurs.

In fact you mocking me has made me think I'll go and do that right now :p

fez

fez

Caporegime
I really want to get rid of it but I don't yet have the tool to take the cassette off. I have thought about hacking it away with a pair of secateurs.

In fact you mocking me has made me think I'll go and do that right now :p

Little known fact, the dork disk gives you about 2w worth of aero gains. I say keep it.

Soldato
yA6REa0.jpg

Upgrades done. I bought the bike 6 months or so ago and it came with a Tiagra groupset with FSA crank.

The crankset had to be changed straight away as it must have taken a knock in shipping from the shop. So used the opportunity to fit a new SRAM Force22 Crankset. I also ditched the stock saddle in favour of a Specialized Body Geometry Romin Evo Expert Gel Saddle.

Soon after purchase, I upgraded the wheels to a set of Shimano RS500 Ultegra wheels. Then fairly recently changed to 30mm Conti GP5000 tyres (which have been amazing. Bye bye pinch flats)

Over the last week I have fitted;

Ultegra Groupset
New cables all round
Fizik Cyrano R3 handlebars (bull) as the ones that came with it felt too wide.
Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Handlebar Tape

If it ever stops bloody raining up here I might actually get a chance to use the thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
zK8OJck.jpg

Glad I took the bike off the turbo this morning and took the bike out for a spin. Was only planning on going to Bath and back but I felt quite good when I got to Bath and decided to go a bit further and attempt Bannerdown Road. Wasn't my finest hour and I probably shouldn't have went for it but I'm glad I got it done and it's now the biggest climb I've done. Definitely want to do it again as I spent too much time in the saddle and probably made me much slower than I should've been.

Nice photo opportunity at the top and as I succumbed to @Liefrich and his peer pressure, the dork disc is also gone :p

Back
Top Bottom