**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Jono said:
If anyone can recommend any possible fixes for these random crashes I'd love to know.
i'll take a stab in the dark: if there's a sound hardware setting in game, set it to off, or software if that's the option.

A quick pic 1280x1024 down to 800x640, maximum detail and full everything.

stalker1.jpg

Personally I think it looks great, suits the setting very well.

The only problem with resizing, is you lose most of the jaggies if there were any, hence I can't make out how /if AA was working for you :)
obviously you cant post them full size direct on the forum, but a link to a full size would be good ;)

Last edited:
Vogon said:
The only problem with resizing, is you lose most of the jaggies if there were any, hence I can't make out how /if AA was working for you :)
Trust me, if they're running it maxed there is zero antialiasing. ;)

Just doesn't work in this game with full dynamic lighting. Think it works for static and that's it.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong as maybe someone could explain how to get it working.

Runs great for me, aside from the random CTD's. Tried running it in XP compatibility mode but that didnt help.

Im one of these and it runs perfectly smooth at 1680x1050 all max. I'll post some screenies once I can remember my ftp password >_<

Mine arrived today (the package that arrived the other day wasn't STALKER, but it was Twilight Princess for the Gamecube, so I've been kept busy in the interim!). I've been playing Stalker all evening.

I absolutely love it. Got a dual core AMD and a 7950GX2, and it runs silky smooth with everything set to maximum and vsync on.

Couldn't care less if it has "proper" AA or not, as it looks absolutely stunning. The shadows jumping around during a thunderstorm at night are amazing. The game has a real "uneasy" atmospheric quality, the fact that every now and then you come across an enhanced weapon. Even though the core game is shooting and collecting/selling stuff, it just feels like there's a lot to do, and an enormous area to do it in. I love the random battles that you hear in the distance and you can choose whether to join in or not. Half an hour or so ago, the military decided to mount a night attack on the Stalker camp in the starting area. They all attacked using their head torches, so I was sneaking around in the bushes in the dark shotgunning them. Fantastic.

Mine does tend to crash after the first 10 minutes or so of a playing session, but then when I reboot it's fine for the rest of the evening. I have had a couple of games do this recently so I think it may be my rig, not Stalker.

I love freeform games without rails, so it was odds on that I was going to like this one, but I really think it's superb. The last game that I started playing at 6:30 and didn't realise the time until past midnight was a while ago- Oblivion probably.

steve258 said:
From ****DVD? :eek:

Was gonna order but now I'm glad I didn't :p
Mine has shipped for £17.99. Shipped yesterday. Wish i didn't have so much work. Not gonna be able to put in a decent amount of hours on this till after easter. Hmph.

Ulfhedjinn said:
Trust me, if they're running it maxed there is zero antialiasing. ;)

Just doesn't work in this game with full dynamic lighting. Think it works for static and that's it.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong as maybe someone could explain how to get it working.
Well it seem to me like you had a **** build. The performance you were getting seems way below what people are getting with the actual game and what everyone else in here that had it early were saying.
Smooth with all the eye candy and dynamic lighting... on 1680*1050... certainly not what you experienced.
The shots also suggest the deferred rendering is doing a decent job of AA, even though they are compressed you would still notice it if it was completely lacking.

Plunk13 said:
So far I've got it running smooth at highest settings (8800GTX). However, I'm trying to play it on Vista 64, and I have two major bugs - pressing Escape crashes to desktop. Pressing F6 crashes to desktop. And occasionally after several minutes of play, the game freezes.

Gutted.

Same with me. 8800GTX aswell.
It runs fine in XP, but on Vista 64-Bit it either crashes/freezes up after a while, or pressing keys will sometimes crash it back to desktop. Running it in XP compatibility mode or with admin right doesn't help.
I guess it's either Vista itself or the graphics drivers for Vista.

But when the game isn't crashing i find that if anything, it runs better on Vista. Possibly because XP can only recognise half of my 6GB RAM.

Last edited:
CAN people who ordered from the company that has let many down STOP sending bloody emails to everyone on the mail they recieved from the company.

I don't want your complaints filling my inbox...just complain to the company themselfs.

redline said:
CAN people who ordered from the company that has let many down STOP sending bloody emails to everyone on the mail they recieved from the company.

I don't want your complaints filling my inbox...just complain to the company themselfs.
lol glad I contacted the company last week. :D

SPOILER-----im stuck in the lab i picked up the documents but when i went down to get out the door it says its locked and the door is on fire, where do i go?--------spoiler ended

Back
Top Bottom