**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

howiepoohs said:
Runs fine in Xp 2gb with minimal lag, but in Vista, there are huge lags as the level loads up. Time for that extra gig of ram me thinks.

Your set-up is similar to mine, what res are you playing on and what is the performance like?

Cheers

Help! It's not working for me - Unless I've gone to heaven

Vista 64 Ultimate
Geforce 8800GTX 100.65 drivers

ss_shaun_03-23-07_12-37-31_.jpg

:( any advice appreciated

Last edited:
I got it myself this morning, didn't have time to try it until now (lunch time).. looks nice, seems quite smooth and it has a good feel about it. But.. (always a but).. I went to change an option and crash to desktop.. not so bad, restart, go back through again, start walking up the road from Wolf and hear some shouting and a helicopter. Start looking around and.. crash to desktop.

Not a good first experience. I'm using a Geforce 8800 GTX, X-Fi, 2.4GHz C2D and Vista 32-bit. Anyone know when we're likely to see a patch to fix the crash to desktops? Looks like it'll be very hit and miss gameplay without one.

SkeeterPSA said:
It pops up for me about 20 meters in front of you when running. But i have grass set to 50% due to the strain of it combined wiht full dynamic lighting.

Yeah seems about that far in front of you, i just found it a bit odd as ive got every slider maxed, distance right up the lot, so thought if the distance was maxed the grass shouldn't need to like appear just in front of you, nvm as long as its supposed to be like that and its not buggered.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Just fiddled, and its the Grass Shadows, thats why they seem to pop up dark just ahead of you as its the shadows on it, just turned those off on the grass and its perfect now. :D

Last edited:
finished the game a couple of days ago, still not overly impressed especially at the fact you cant carry on after completing the game forcing me to load up a way previous save and do other stuff.

Also get yourself on top of a hill or something with a nice view and use * and / on the NUMPAD to make time speed up and slow down, nice to see the day night cycle in fast motion.

PPD are hilarious. Emails from PPD to customers who bought the Ltd Edtion tin. I guess complaining really does get you somewhere. I think Andrew hit the nail on the head. PPD underpriced the product then made an excuse about not having stock in.

PowerPlay Direct said:
Sir/Madam,

Unfortunately there was a mix-up with our suppliers and although we are getting some in, it is not enough to cover all of the orders which flooded into our website.
We will be supplying on a first-come first-served basis until we run out our supply, but I regret to tell you that your order has not fallen inside our allocation. As such, your order has been cancelled.
By the way, we do have the standard game for sale at £23.49, which is the best price on the web.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kind Regards
Tim Tiernan

Website Customer Advisor

Powerplay Direct .com

PowerPlay Direct said:
Sir\Madam,

I apologise, I was fed some mis-information, We are now aware that the price of £23.99 is not the cheapest on the web.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Customer said:
Hello

I am really annoyed about how this whole situation has been dealt with.
Clearly all you did was realise that you had accidently underpriced the
'Special Edition' version of the game and are fobbing us of with excuses
about suppliers and not actually admitting to the mistake you made. This was
my first time shopping at PowerplayDirect.com and also my last.

It is also not a good idea to include everybody's email for all to see when
you send bulk messages, it shows poor use of technology which is exactly
what the website is trying to sell.

I have sent this message for all the other people you let down to see, who
will also be another portion customers who are unlikely to return.

A Sinclair

Customer said:
Thank you for your mail Andrew,

I agree with your sentiment, I can not understand why this "mix up" would only be realised at the very last minute, leaving us all unable to reorder and still receive our goods on the day of release.
And as for PowerPlayDirects privacy policy....

That said, if you can wait for the game a few days longer, Blahdvd.com are still advertising the radiation pack at £17.99.

Looks like I will be shopping elsewhere from now on.

BJonesUK

Customer said:
Yes, a bloody disgrace. I intend to try to make a complaint to Trading Standards re the failure to supply the game & to the Information Commissioner for what I see as a breach of Data Protection law. Can I suggest everyone else does the same & makes this company's life hell!

Martin Pilsworth

Customer said:
Hi Andrew (and all on this email)

I totally agree. The service has been disgusting and ill never use powerplay again.

Paul

Customer said:
Hello (all)

This was to be the first of many purchases I would have made as I buy a lot of DVD's and PC games. I have never had this problem with any of the other internet suppliers and after this totally unprofessional service will not be dealing with powerplay ever again.

Gary

PowerPlay Direct said:
Sir/Madam,

First of all, allow me to apologise for the bulk e-mail. It was my fault, and I accept full responsibility for the error.
In regards to the order of STALKER, since sending the e-mails out yesterday, our buyers have managed to get a hold of enough copies to fulfill all of the orders which were placed on the site.
As an incentive to stay with us I have been authorized to dispatch this to you at the original price.
Please let me know if this is something you are interested in, or if you still wish me to cancel your order.

Once again, I apologise for this issue ever being raised, and I hope you will choose to continue doing business with us.

Kind Regards

Tim Tiernan

Website Customer Advisor

Powerplay Direct .com

Arkanoid said:
Help! It's not working for me - Unless I've gone to heaven

Vista 64 Ultimate
Geforce 8800GTX 100.65 drivers

ss_shaun_03-23-07_12-37-31_.jpg

:( any advice appreciated

I had this, you need to go into the nvidia control panel and change the settings, im not sure wich.. but it sorted it for me.

Back
Top Bottom