**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Played some more yesterday, the IQ is very good apart from the fact AA does not work, if it would have working AA it would look very good.

But I am just in the beginning yet so looking at some screenshots it gets even better.

I have some screenshots as well from FRAPS, but they are 3.8MB bmp's so I need to resize and change them first.

I also have a 400MB avi as I had FRAPS set to start recording with L and at first I thought why is the framerate suddenly lower and the FRAPS counter red until I realised it was recording full screen 1280*1024 at 30fps :rolleyes: :o

Kamakazie! said:
Well it seem to me like you had a **** build.
Seems to me like you don't know what you're talking about.

Kamikazie! said:
The performance you were getting seems way below what people are getting with the actual game and what everyone else in here that had it early were saying.
Funny, because some of my dirty pirate mates actually bought the game and said it still runs like crap. :rolleyes:

Kamikazie! said:
Smooth with all the eye candy and dynamic lighting... on 1680*1050... certainly not what you experienced.

The shots also suggest the deferred rendering is doing a decent job of AA, even though they are compressed you would still notice it if it was completely lacking.
You mean the shots that are shrunken down to 800x600? :rolleyes: I'm yet to see full-resolution Stalker screenshots with antialiasing, retail or not. Prove me wrong by getting some nice snaps. :)

I don't even know who you're trying to convince here, me or yourself. Purchase justification complex?

Some screenies.

Btw what im aiming at in this tree is spinning, i fire a few shots but dont think they hit BUT the thing exploded and blood went everywhere when just starring at it after about 10 seconds lol. Was so funny. :D

sspaul032307121258l01eskt4.jpg

Heres a nice screenie where it shows the games lighting effects against the trucks textures screenie. I thought was nice so here it is.
sspaul032307115822l01esad7.jpg

n3x said:
Does AA work at all?? Havnt noticed any difference... in image quality or performance with 16xAA turned off/on.
Drivers wouldn't force anyway because the game uses deferred rendering.

You have to use the in-game antialiasing option, which never seems to work as it is.

MR.B said:
Same with me. 8800GTX aswell.
It runs fine in XP, but on Vista 64-Bit it either crashes/freezes up after a while, or pressing keys will sometimes crash it back to desktop. Running it in XP compatibility mode or with admin right doesn't help.
I guess it's either Vista itself or the graphics drivers for Vista.

But when the game isn't crashing i find that if anything, it runs better on Vista. Possibly because XP can only recognise half of my 6GB RAM.

I found out how to make it stop crashing :D:D:D

Turn lighting to static, no dynamic goodness :( and it works. Only drawback is, that the crosshair vanishes. Does make for a more interesting game though when you have to guess where your shooting :)

Working fine on my rig now but i want the prettyness back

Btw is it me or is the game not using much memory on gfx card. When i press ` key to get console to pop up and press page up key and look through the list of startup procedure where it shows sound driver and gfx driver and all sorts being loaded. Its always about 250mb ish used for gfx? I have a 512mb x1950pro u see so woundering why it wont use it all up.

Also its not loading up sound properly so i think ill use the 5.1 sound fix i posted earlier as been reported it helps but is a bit buggy with some cards with crackling etc.

--

Went to dx8 mode??? when you turned dynamic lighting to static? why lol.

LoadsaMoney said:
Just picked this up and it seems to run great, got everything maxed out 1280x1024 and its well fast, only odd thing is, is the grass supposed to pop up in front of you.
lol what exactly do you mean, "pop up infront of you"?

Does the grass jump off the ground? If so you may have found a new type of anomoly in the game! :p :D

It pops up for me about 20 meters in front of you when running. But i have grass set to 50% due to the strain of it combined wiht full dynamic lighting.

You can probably get it so it doesnt pop up if you edit the user.itx file or whatever its called in c:/docs and settings/all users/shared/stalker/

--

Neido - try lowering ** weapon or carry a bullet (6) and walk up to em and talk to them. Not everything has to be solved with guns. :) Well duno as im not there but worth a shot perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom