**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Lmao! I've also received the email from xxxxxxxxxxdirect.com

Well chuffed to say the least! Definately been an interesting couple of days :)

And to think I almost, almost! bought the non-radiation pack for £24.99 in town today :p (Had the urge).

I cant see it running good at all with a 6800GT.

I just tried this game, and I get bad lag, down to 15fps most of time, I have turned Grass Shadows off, Sun Shadows, no AA or AF, went to Nvidia Control Panel, got 8xAA and 8x AF, 1440x900 res, werid thing is, my ram was only at 86% and the other 14% was not in use by anything including windows, and the CPU Usage kept jumping around, 50% - 80% - 100%, then stayed stable at 80% at one point, I find this weird because I would have thought the CPU should have been at a constant 100% which it is in all of my other games concidering I have a single core CPU.

On S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MP I went into a server by myself, and I had it maxed out at 1440x900, 16xAF 16xQ AA, and everything except grass shadows and sub shadows turned on, lowest FPS on avarage was about 30fps, max about 100.

I tried it again, this time ram was at 99%, CPU never was at 100%, more like 40% sometimes, something tells me its not using all the CPU power, but I can see 1gb more ram helping me, and getting a 3800+.

Last edited:
willhub said:
On S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MP I went into a server by myself, and I had it maxed out at 1440x900, 16xAF 16xQ AA, and everything except grass shadows and sub shadows turned on, lowest FPS on avarage was about 30fps, max about 100.
AI Life and all that causing the change in FPS. :)

I am right knarcked off, my game has been posted since Tuesday and its yet to arrive. I guess some thieving scroat from the PO has got my copy of the game, and after waiting almost 3 years for it. I am not impressed :mad:

Well got this game this morning and am really starting to get into it. Love the world and the open style of game play..

But......

Am running Vista and crashing a lot at random times. And IMHO not worth playing in this state as it really running the experience. So gona put it on my shelf until it gets patched

Back
Top Bottom