**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Soulja said:
Hopefully i've got an earlier save, if not i don't think i'll bother restarting it tbh :(

This why I am a save junkie. I have a save set for each time I enter a new zone, before a mission, just after a mission and any number of save during a mission.

I have started this game three times and never got farther than Bar. I learnt the hard way. That said, each time I did re-start I flew through the earlier parts because I knew what to do.

Oh, I used to live in Rosso ;)

I give up trying to play this pos game. I have turned virtually everything off and when i'm not getting ati related bluescreens the game just locks up and i end up having to ctrl-alt-dlt. Now i know my machine isn't exactly cutting edge but this takes the ****. I've got to the point where i can no longer be arsed to try different setups. Such a shame as i really like the sound of it.

MoratJG said:
This why I am a save junkie. I have a save set for each time I enter a new zone, before a mission, just after a mission and any number of save during a mission.

I have started this game three times and never got farther than Bar. I learnt the hard way. That said, each time I did re-start I flew through the earlier parts because I knew what to do.

Oh, I used to live in Rosso ;)

I'm a save junkie also :D I just hope i have a save from before the missions :(

Where abouts in rosso?

This game is driving me nuts. I've had reinstal four times already due drivers and the biggest orob I've got atm is me "crosshair" keeps vanishing! I've confirmed its selected "on" in the options menu as well, makes no difference at all. I can't get past the first level where me and some other guys have to attack some bandits so I can talk to "nimble". Like I said, with out a crosshair its nigh on impossible to aim properly, and on top of that, when I right click to aim down the barrel so to speak, the gun won't stay there, it veers off to the right again where it was before. A tutorial would've been useful as well (some of us don't pick these games up as quick as others :D )
If I don't get any joy soon this game is going up sale in the MM, this game just doesn't seem right to me somehow.

well ive just gotten some more documents and im back at the start of the game :rolleyes: (well starting area)

also ive failed one or two quests for no reason :confused: im guessing theres a time limit?

pieman109 said:
This game is driving me nuts. I've had reinstal four times already due drivers and the biggest orob I've got atm is me "crosshair" keeps vanishing! I've confirmed its selected "on" in the options menu as well, makes no difference at all. I can't get past the first level where me and some other guys have to attack some bandits so I can talk to "nimble". Like I said, with out a crosshair its nigh on impossible to aim properly, and on top of that, when I right click to aim down the barrel so to speak, the gun won't stay there, it veers off to the right again where it was before. A tutorial would've been useful as well (some of us don't pick these games up as quick as others :D )
If I don't get any joy soon this game is going up sale in the MM, this game just doesn't seem right to me somehow.

Switch AA off in the game menu and the crosshair will appear. It does for me.

pieman109 said:

Have you installed the patch? This fixes a lot of issues.

Mint_Sauce said:
Have you installed the patch? This fixes a lot of issues.

Right I've reinstalled the game and me crosshair is there all the time now. With dynamic lights, me framerate in the high thirties, low forties so at least its playable (just). I'm really not impressed with this game, I find the gameplay ambiguous to say the least, the interface clunky, I'm sick of the flashing triangles when it rains and it doesn't look/run that good (to me anyway). I reckon if things don't improve, then I'm getting shot of this, its not worth the aggravation to me :(

pieman109 said:
Right I've reinstalled the game and me crosshair is there all the time now. With dynamic lights, me framerate in the high thirties, low forties so at least its playable (just). I'm really not impressed with this game, I find the gameplay ambiguous to say the least, the interface clunky, I'm sick of the flashing triangles when it rains and it doesn't look/run that good (to me anyway). I reckon if things don't improve, then I'm getting shot of this, its not worth the aggravation to me :(

i say put it to static and play the rest of the game

i found it fairly boring up until you get to the bar, then you start going into the labs and the weird places and thats where the fun begins...yantar, red forest... luvly jubly

SPOILLLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, i just completed stalker, i got the 2 good endings as i went to the secret place first and then just youtubed the 5 bad endings

But the thing is i never found strelok throughout the whole game, that was my only quest left come the end, the story is kinda hard to follow.

When he made it to the center of the zone did he become the wishgranter?

Also midway through the game when you had flashbacks i thought i was strelok

C-Conciousness was breifly introduced at the end and i was like wtf?

Anyone else confused at this game, i hate dodgy endings?
:confused:

Archibald0 said:
SPOILLLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else confused at this game, i hate dodgy endings?[/COLOR] :confused:

You are sterlok. You werer brainwashed into working for the C-Conciousness. Then your werer sent back into the zone to work But a mistake ment you were sent to kill yourself, the wish granter is a mith to protect the real secret.

** Spoiler **

One thing I don't get about the second variation of the true ending (i.e. refusing the c-con offer) is that after he kills the c-con members does the zone actually disappear or has he just fallen prey to the wishmaker? I mean if indeed the zone has dissappeared then that means the c-con were lying to him all along, which begs the question, what was their real motive?

Possibly something left for a sequel?

pieman109 said:
As mentioned previously in one of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R threads, if you change your graphical settings and DO NOT restart the game you will have strange graphical issues when it rains. :)also my system runs this game at around 30-40 fps with most settings on high with dynamic lighting, using the inbuilt fps indicator (rs_stat on) I found that even with static lighting I get pauses and the indicator is showing a fps of 80-100 fps. This game is going to be a bit like Armed Assault it's going to need a shed load of patches to work properly. I just hope they sort this pausing problem out first (it only started occuring for me after the first patch).

titaniumx3 said:
** Spoiler **

One thing I don't get about the second variation of the true ending (i.e. refusing the c-con offer) is that after he kills the c-con members does the zone actually disappear or has he just fallen prey to the wishmaker? I mean if indeed the zone has dissappeared then that means the c-con were lying to him all along, which begs the question, what was their real motive?

Possibly something left for a sequel?
SPOILER
Don't quite follow your logic there. The zone exist because the consciousness messed with this 'field' created by living creatures on earth. Therefore killing the consciousness and stopping their experiment would get rid of the zone. Of couse the zone should really revert to how it was before the second accident, so Chernobyl and the radiation should still be there (but not the artifacts and more bizarre monsters) but that's a side issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom