**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Von Luck said:
How do you turn the fps counter on?

Finished the game yesterday - found it extremely annoying to start with, but loved it by the end. Oh and for those still experiencing lockup problems, I had the same issue (x2 4600, 1gb, x1900xt) - resolved by a complete reinstall of XP, upgrade to 2gb ram and newer ATi drivers.....take your pick which one was responsible! :)

www.fraps.com :)

Von Luck said:
How do you turn the fps counter on?

Finished the game yesterday - found it extremely annoying to start with, but loved it by the end. Oh and for those still experiencing lockup problems, I had the same issue (x2 4600, 1gb, x1900xt) - resolved by a complete reinstall of XP, upgrade to 2gb ram and newer ATi drivers.....take your pick which one was responsible! :)

You can use the console command rs_stats on to display FPS and other stats too ;)

anyone finding the brain scorcher bit hard?
Ive got good weps and ammo, stashing some at the checkpoint, lots of radiation around though just kills me - even though I have the green suit...

running up the hill with barrels being thrown and those weird creatures from nowhere that do nothing except creep you up ...at the big wall with towers and radiation always gets me....argh (and run out of ammo for two of my main guns GP thing which was great)

Yeah, follow the road round, there are patches of severe radiation but you can just run past to recover.

Is the sound meant to change in this level? Without giving the details away.

Also, EAX worked fine for the first 5 or so hours, but now on these later levels, it goes crazy with bursts of loud volume or wierd echo. Not meant to be like that surely? I've turned it off as it was that annoying.

When you're in the psi-emission areas the volume does decrease because you're brain is being attacked by the brain scorcher (you should be hearing some wierd psychedelic voices in your head).

BTW it helps quite a bit if you equip yourself with some artifiacts when inside the redforest area. The key to using the artifacts is to balance them so you don't end up lacking too much in a certain area, whilst gaining in others. There are also several artifacts with no side effects.

Finally, when you reach the Chernobyl NPP don't hesitate to use your ammo heavily because there's loads of it around; I had over 1000 nato rounds, crap loads of grenades and enough medkits to heal a whole army by the end (using the exoskeleton of course). Lol, felt like Terminator in the end, just unloaded clip after clip, overwhelming the enemy with brute force. :D

pegasus1 said:
FPS hit 100 just before this shot,
I thought you were making emphatic points at me at how you're not a "benchmark pest." A screenshot saying 46fps doesn't equal 100fps, by the way. I'm not saying I don't believe you but, yeah ok I don't. :D

I'm not seeing any antialiasing either, not even the crappy in-game stuff. I thought you were making claims about running with AA, 8xS no less if I recall correctly. :confused:

Very conflicting nformation between what you have been banging on about, and what is in your screenshot.

Last edited:
That screenshot looks awful especially for an 8800GTX. If I recall correctly, thats the opening to Yantar and I'm pretty sure it looked loads better than that and running 30+ fps, all this on an X1900XT.

Ulfhedjinn said:
I thought you were making emphatic points at me at how you're not a "benchmark pest." A screenshot saying 46fps doesn't equal 100fps, by the way. I'm not saying I don't believe you but, yeah ok I don't. :D

I'm not seeing any antialiasing either, not even the crappy in-game stuff. I thought you were making claims about running with AA, 8xS no less if I recall correctly. :confused:

Very conflicting nformation between what you have been banging on about, and what is in your screenshot.
Blimey you carry a grudge, ingame looks a lot better than the screen shot i must admit. If you remeber i said i had set very high AA/AF and some areas looked like it was working but agreed with you that the game didnt use it.
sta.jpg

Im running on a crap 17" CRT at 1280x1024@60hz at the mo witch goes someway to explaing the poor colour reproduction, i didnt appreciate the difference a good monitor makes. performance is the same at 1600x1200 btw but then again with a 8800gtx you would hope so.

Just gone back and got Streloks flash drive from the underground hide (i'm doing it an odd way round as done some of the further missions first, just forgot that i needed that drive)
Problem is, i have been in and out of the sewers and goty back to the bar, but i see that on my pda it still says, 'find way out of sewers' is this a bug or do you have to go out the way that leads you into the base? I have been there the first time round and got the docs etc

Basically back at bar and cannot give the barman the flash drive..... :rolleyes:

Sherm said:
Just gone back and got Streloks flash drive from the underground hide (i'm doing it an odd way round as done some of the further missions first, just forgot that i needed that drive)
Problem is, i have been in and out of the sewers and goty back to the bar, but i see that on my pda it still says, 'find way out of sewers' is this a bug or do you have to go out the way that leads you into the base? I have been there the first time round and got the docs etc

Basically back at bar and cannot give the barman the flash drive..... :rolleyes:
Hmm, I've done the Agroprom mission and got the flash drive, went to Barkeep and he sent me off on another mission to X18, but didn't take the flash drive. Is that supposed to happen?

Sherm said:
Just gone back and got Streloks flash drive from the underground hide (i'm doing it an odd way round as done some of the further missions first, just forgot that i needed that drive).....
as long as you have the drive before doing x16..

Inquisitor said:
Is that supposed to happen?
yep, it's not needed yet, at that stage of the game :)

Last edited:
Hector said:
as long as you have the drive before doing x16..

yep, it's not needed yet, at that stage of the game :)
Also, I was just wondering around doing jobs for people and started one which involved getting some guy's rifle from the Wild Lands. So off I went to the Wild Lands, and got caught up among a load of mercenaries trying to get stuff off some scientists, who I had to protect. My friend tells me that's not supposed to happen before you've done the X18 labs, which I haven't :confused:

Plot broken?

Inquisitor said:
Also, I was just wondering around doing jobs for people and started one which involved getting some guy's rifle from the Wild Lands. So off I went to the Wild Lands, and got caught up among a load of mercenaries trying to get stuff off some scientists, who I had to protect. My friend tells me that's not supposed to happen before you've done the X18 labs, which I haven't :confused:

Plot broken?
i don't think so, i'm sure i had it that way too.

Back
Top Bottom