**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

keogh said:
Phil, can I ask, off topic slightly, but why are you running your 6600 at 3.0ghz? Do you have one of the rubbish batch of 6600's? I'm pumping so many volts in to get 3.4ghz atm. But I dont think its stable during gaming, so I will prob be back at 3.0ghz soon!

Im quite happy to leave it there. Runs stable with a tuniq, stock volts and not too much heat. (Does 55 deg when loaded) Dont really want to take it any higher just yet. Considering its 25% faster thats fine for me.

I havent used any patches as i dont want to lose my savegames. Hopefully they will bring the converter out and then I can patch the game. No problems with anything with the game here. Unlike 2142 which is the buggiest <expletive deleted> game ive ever used.

I feel sorry for all you with problems with this game. Runs fine here, maybe not as smooth as I would like, but its still playable. Certainly no worse than FEAR was on on of my past rigs (X2-3800, 2gig ram, X800XL)

I occasionally get problems with loading quicksave games. But other than that I've not had any issues, stil playing on the first patch.

Ulfhedjinn said:
Not a grudge, just pointing it out to you since you seemed to have forgotten. ;)

100FPS+ staring at the FLOOR too, Jesus Christ why didn't I think of playing Stalker by staring at the floor the whole time? My poor performance would've completely gone away! :eek:
Calm down, its only a game, those are the two screen shots i took, you asked for one above 100fps and thats what i posted.
Anyway ive sorted the poor colour representation, these new drivers had chaged the colour presets and applied some nview setting, once i reset the former and turned off the latter things look miles better. Why would i make up the performance of my rig, loads of people are playing this a similiar set up. im just trying to report my findings so as to give people a rough idea.
Im sure that the game runs no faster at 1280x1024 than at 1600x1200 so id say a 8800 gts 640 is more than enough at 1280x1024.
Just for you i'l post a pic after i got the colour sorted, looks miles different.

colour change 2.jpg

Anyone running this on a system similar to mine?.

Athlon 3000XP
Leadtek 6800 with pipelines unlocked using 91.47 drivers.
1Gb DDR400.

What settings are you running at?.

I find it runs pretty well at 1440x900 on my 19" widescreen TFT, in DX8 render mode with the shadows turned right down.

Every so often though, when moving for instance, it freezes for a split second and then continues. Not enough to interupt gameplay, but just a wee bit annoying.

Ulfhedjinn said:
Of you looking at the floor? :confused:

Seriously, I would love half of what you are smoking at times.
its still 100+ fps, you need to be more specific.
Never smoked in my life my friend, maybe you should start, or listen to some relaxing whale music.
By tonight i'l see if i can get as near to 100fps as pos and post, just for you.
The strange thing with this game is from the one time i ran Fraps, the fps didnt always seem to represent what was going on, on screen, I hit 31fps at one point (97** drivers-unpatched game) but there wasnt much going on :confused: .

Draeger said:
Anyone running this on a system similar to mine?.

Athlon 3000XP
Leadtek 6800 with pipelines unlocked using 91.47 drivers.
1Gb DDR400.

What settings are you running at?.

I find it runs pretty well at 1440x900 on my 19" widescreen TFT, in DX8 render mode with the shadows turned right down.

Every so often though, when moving for instance, it freezes for a split second and then continues. Not enough to interupt gameplay, but just a wee bit annoying.

Don't have the same system as you but I tried the game on an A64 3500+/1GB RAM/9800 Pro and the game ran silky smooth in the DX8 mode. The performance problems people are having almost exclusively originate from the DX9 Full Dynamic Lighting mode, so as long as you play it in static lighting mode you should be fine.

In my opinion the game looks fairly dated using the static lighting mode but its still playable I guess.

titaniumx3 said:
**Spoiler**

Hmmm, not too sure about that. The bloke from the c-con tells you that they were trying to 'fix' humanity by altering this field around Earth but in doing so they caused some sort of 'rift' in the field which manifested itself as all the weird crap you see in the zone. The guy also goes on to explain how they were trying to fix this problem which turned out to be the reason why they were preventing the outside world from interfering in the first place. They then ask you to join them in their struggle since you have already discovered their secret.

So, now that you've destroyed c-con, how does that cause the zone to disappear? Hence either:

A) You were wrong and you've just put humanity into doom.

or

B) You were right and c-con was a deception for something else.

or

C) C-con are a bunch of dumbasses and failed to realise their very existence was the cause of the zone. In the case they did 'realise', then you would end up in case B.

:p

Pick another colour mate :( :confused: :eek:

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech

pegasus1 said:
Can it be sorted in a patch or is the issue embedded in the Gfx engine.
It's just the game engine, because of the deferred rendering etc.

Won't ever support decent antialiasing modes unless they rebuild it from the ground up.

Plunk13 said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but has anyone tried the motion blur effect. It's pretty neat.
I tried enabling that in the user.ltx file but my framerate went through the floor and I didn't actually notice any effect. How did you get it working and what's performance like?

Back
Top Bottom