**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

titaniumx3 said:
So what's everyones body count like? I think I hit 1800 just before I complete the game.

The respawning hostiles can get annoying - the entrance/exit area (before the tunnle in the building) in the Wild Lands - I've entered and exit that area too many times, there's so many bodies laying there... :p

Dr Jones said:
The respawning hostiles can get annoying - the entrance/exit area (before the tunnle in the building) in the Wild Lands - I've entered and exit that area too many times, there's so many bodies laying there... :p
Worse spot for me is the Army Warehouse crossing into Red Forest. Lags so much there, 30-40 human bodies, plus loads of mutants. Every time I walk through and the game loads I get dropped in a warzone and just have to sprint away :p

PinkFloyd said:
Worse spot for me is the Army Warehouse crossing into Red Forest. Lags so much there, 30-40 human bodies, plus loads of mutants. Every time I walk through and the game loads I get dropped in a warzone and just have to sprint away :p

On mine they disappear everytime I leave the area and return back, only the weapons remain (I think). Do you have some sort of tweak/mod enabled?

Earlier on its annyoing but once you get decent scoped rifles it's actually pretty useful since you can just shoot them and get near full clips of ammo. The wild lands is best for this since the mercs there are pretty weak and give you free nato ammo for your lovely GP-37.

I've spoken with the Journey man, killed the baddies etc. and because I have a bunch of extra weapons I decided to head back, kill all the guys at the railway bridge and go back to the trader to trade the extra guns for med packs and anti-rad.

Now as soon as I leave the camp, a green nuclear symbol appears and my health just keeps falling until I'm dead. Doesn't matter what I take, I die.

Is this the games way of telling me I've not done things in the right order? Fortunately I've got a save up to the barrier to level 2 but thats with me fully loaded with a bunch of guns I'd rather trade then just drop.

EddScott said:
Now as soon as I leave the camp, a green nuclear symbol appears and my health just keeps falling until I'm dead. Doesn't matter what I take, I die.

I reckon you must have an artifact on your belt which is emmitting radiation, put one that absorbs radiation on or take that one off.

Bigpig said:
Thats where game balance comes in. There would be no point in the other guns or ammo if the AK 74 riped though everything at range. In saying that I find it very easy to take down thugs dogs and low end mercs with the AK from Distance. Only run into problems when they are heavey armoured.
But game balance shouldnt mean frustration, i realise that if it was made realistic then it wouldnt be playable.
i spose people involved with motor sport complain that driving games arnt realistic.
Its just the weapon accuracy that annoys me, not enough to stop playing but (im sure real world physics dont effect the bullet in this game, wind, gravity etc) if you take the same point of aim (position and hold dont effect games) then the round will hit the same point (wind doesnt effect rounds at 100m). in this game there is about a 5m beaten zone at 100m). Picky, yes but true all the same

Question.

Is there any way to traverse large distances between points on the map quickly, like in Oblivion for instance?.

Just got to the 100rad bar and some of the side missions are spaced so far apart and away from your location it takes ages to walk/run there?.

In the PDA map view, when you click on some of the mission objectives, there is a "Go" box pops up. Would be nice to be able to click that and travel directly to the point in question. Is that possible at all?. I'm thinking its not, sadly!!!??. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom