**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

pegasus1 said:
But game balance shouldnt mean frustration, i realise that if it was made realistic then it wouldnt be playable.
i spose people involved with motor sport complain that driving games arnt realistic.
Its just the weapon accuracy that annoys me, not enough to stop playing but (im sure real world physics dont effect the bullet in this game, wind, gravity etc) if you take the same point of aim (position and hold dont effect games) then the round will hit the same point (wind doesnt effect rounds at 100m). in this game there is about a 5m beaten zone at 100m). Picky, yes but true all the same

I Like The Hit and miss, more than pumping 100 rounds into something and it won't die.

Got the game a week ago but only received my 8800GTS today so put off playing it properly.

Even with the 8800GTS I have to run it at 1280x960, but I think its down to my unoverclocked x2 3800+.

Fairly interesting game, hasnt crashed on me as yet so thats good, but I get the strange rain which is a bit irritating (though it rains normally on multiplayer). Running the 101 drivers AFAIK.

Keep getting loads of weapons but lack of ammo, keep having to stash the guns, cant be arsed to trek all the way back to the start to sell them.

Had a blast on multiplayer and I actually enjoy it, I guess its a bit like CS:S where you buy the weapons but the maps look nice. Love the real time weather/sunrise/sunset. Also when the lightning goes off at night is pretty nice.

Pretty good game, only at the Garbage bit but I guess it gets more interesting later.

Does anyone know if there are night vision goggles in MultiPlayer? Would be useful.

Lynndinky said:
Whenever you change your graphical settings you MUST restart the game or you will get corruption when it rains :)

Ahhh, thanks for that, I was messing around with settings in game before.

Is there a way to enable HDR without full dynamic lighting?

For anyone wanting a better weapon than the AKM 74/2 I can highly suggest a trip to the warehouses area, I got lots of GP-37, TSR 301 and Tunder S14 guns with 2300 rounds from the Freedom guys (after killing them)

And I got a sniper rifle (SVU Bullpup or SVD/2 Dragunov) but only 7 rounds :(

Out of the weapons I got the GP-37 feels the best.

Dutch Guy said:
For anyone wanting a better weapon than the AKM 74/2 I can highly suggest a trip to the warehouses area, I got lots of GP-37, TSR 301 and Tunder S14 guns with 2300 rounds from the Freedom guys (after killing them)

And I got a sniper rifle (SVU Bullpup or SVD/2 Dragunov) but only 7 rounds :(

Out of the weapons I got the GP-37 feels the best.

Thank you, Ive done the x16 labs and I still have that damn AKM gun... I need an upgrade! Im seeing ammo for other weapons everywhere, but I dont have these weapons, so I have missed sumin.

Im taking a trip to the warehouses me thinks!

There is a great little sniper weapon in the freedom base east side in one of the large warehouses. I have just come back from brain scorcher territory and loaded with ammo, however I dont have much Tunder ammo so might just wipe out Freedom base and take it ready for Pripyrat (at moment I can walk amongst both Duty and Freedom as friends)

If I do kill freedom, do they occur later in the game and will therefore be enemy?

SkeeterPSA said:
Im holding off till final patch is out now, as im not gona risk a new patch being incompatible with any previous game saves.

I know a guy who is one of the top dogs in GSC and from speaking to him I think that was the final patch.

neo202020 said:
I know a guy who is one of the top dogs in GSC and from speaking to him I think that was the final patch.
O'rly?

That explains why they doing heavy testing in mutiplayer^^ And making a list of single player bugs so they can get round to fixing them :rolleyes:

Bigpig said:
O'rly?

That explains why they doing heavy testing in mutiplayer^^ And making a list of single player bugs so they can get round to fixing them :rolleyes:

He did mention an expansion... :) Activison and IW are still making lists of bugs in CoD2 but I don't see another patch coming.

keogh said:
Thank you, Ive done the x16 labs and I still have that damn AKM gun... I need an upgrade! Im seeing ammo for other weapons everywhere, but I dont have these weapons, so I have missed sumin.

Im taking a trip to the warehouses me thinks!

Yup there are loads in the warehouses. I have sold loads of GP-37s, Tunders and bucket fulls of TSR 301s, you can easilly bring back 10k+ rubles worth of weapons to sell per mission (depending on the mission of course). You just come across them so easilly. Now i have a GP37 and nothing is a real problem to take out....so far :p

some nice artifacts scattered around too if you look hard enough, sometimes you even stumble over them :D

Col_M said:
Yup there are loads in the warehouses. I have sold loads of GP-37s, Tunders and bucket fulls of TSR 301s, you can easilly bring back 10k+ rubles worth of weapons to sell per mission (depending on the mission of course). You just come across them so easilly. Now i have a GP37 and nothing is a real problem to take out....so far :p

some nice artifacts scattered around too if you look hard enough, sometimes you even stumble over them :D

Yeah, the problem is the economy in this game is very badly designed so money is worthless after a certain point. :(

neo202020 said:
He did mention an expansion... :) Activison and IW are still making lists of bugs in CoD2 but I don't see another patch coming.

So please explain why on the Russian forums they have said the patch has been delayed due to a texture problem ^^?

tomanders91 said:
bigpig, can i just ask you, when you typed in BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2900, did you right cmd in front of it? Because mine keeps saying an unknown command was specified.

Hi mate

i just typed CMD in run

Dos promt came up

Used copy and paste hit Enter

Only works in 32Bit vista. I have the home prem package

Back
Top Bottom