**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

neo202020 said:
Mate, unlike you I actually speak Russian so please take your arrogant attitude and stick it...ty.

Listen am not the one saying my mate the top dog in GSC.

Patch notes for the next patch have come out. A mod on the Russian forums have said they have done there part it now down to THQ
THQ is the one that will realise the patches after testing. They are the publisher
Multiplayer is still in beta stage and work being done to it.

So please prove there will be no more patches instead throwing around insults

tomanders91 said:
Ok thanks it seems to be fine now.

Im just about to go and meet the mole, can i get some decent armour soon?

Yup.

You find a Stalker suite pretty early in the main quest line. Just give all rooms a good look round and break boxes with your knife.

Had an annoying bug occur just now playing the game.

I went on one of the missions that requires you to kill the two other Stalkers for the barman and other guy in the bar. Completed it and saved my game.

Now when I restart, the little radar at the top left of the HUD shows nothing at all. Just the white dot that shows your position, nothing else. No other NPC's, no direction/objective arrows etc.

Anyone else had that?. :(

can anyone just help me, i saw the mole, and im currently going through the basement thing looking for sterloks stash, is it even in here? I cant find it anywhere, i just got attacked by some weird thing that screams at me and it zooms in on its head.

So is it in here or not lol?

tomanders91 said:
can anyone just help me, i saw the mole, and im currently going through the basement thing looking for sterloks stash, is it even in here? I cant find it anywhere, i just got attacked by some weird thing that screams at me and it zooms in on its head.

So is it in here or not lol?
If you've seen the zooming monster then you've missed the stash and need to go back, there is something you need in that stash which isn't difficult to find if you walk around holding the F key down. :)

I was loving this game at the beginning, but I'm not liking it too much at the moment cos its become nearly impossible!!!

I gotta reach the antennae (or how ever they spell it) to turn of the brain scortcher or sumin, my god its hard as hell in there! There must be about 300 monolith, several zombies, if you roam to far out theres tons of snorks, and then not to mention the random areas of radiation that are impossible to tell are there until you have a dose of it?

I'm really finding this bit hard... is it that hard? Or have I gone there too early and not got a good enough weapon? Or a good enough suit? How can I tell Im not gonna get a dose of radiation? Is there a suit to protect from that completely?

I have two weapons, the AKM 74/2U and the GP37, the GP37 is a cool weapon, but I am running low on ammo and I have no sniper rifle to take punks out from a distance? Any advice would be appreciated, cos its getting far too hard!

btw, I joined Duty... which I dont think was a wise move cos there only seems to be 4 of them in the zone and everyone is against them... I assume thats why I am getting shot at by everybody?

Help!!

keogh said:
and then not to mention the random areas of radiation that are impossible to tell are there until you have a dose of it?

Radiation is not random, it's one of those realistic aspects of the game very few people will appreciate but it's very well done. In that particular area vehicles and other objects (metal, concrete blocks etc) "collect" radiation and this is why if you go to the real Chernobyl area you should avoid going off the main road :)

Anyway, just don't stand near anything like vehicles/other objects as you go along the road. There are two ways to go there, you can either follow the road in which case you'll need to fight your way through countless Monolith patrols (if you're running low on ammo just pick up whatever they're using - further up the road they'll have better weapons with ammo you can use for your main assault rifle) or cut across to the left through snork-infested areas. Personally, I prefer soldiers since they have ammo/medkits/rad meds on them but it depends on what floats your boat :)

Well ive got the stash, got the secret docuemnts and im in the little town thing, just been talking to the barman and got a new gun and some ammo. Im ment to do something else now. but might just do some side missions and stuff ,its getting very hard.

neo202020 said:
I prefer soldiers since they have ammo/medkits/rad meds on them but it depends on what floats your boat :)

Good thinking sir, at least you can replenish ya ammo and get rad kits for the annoying random radiation area!

I'll give it another go later!.. And I have no intention of visiting Chernobyl, so I couldn't tell you how "realistic" the radiation spots are, but I'm sure your right :)

Back
Top Bottom