**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

nands said:
My sound was crackling really badly (even just on the menu screen). Updating the drivers for my onboard sound cured that nicely.

Incidently, regarding the bandits at the entrance to the Agroprom, eventually I just reduced what I was carrying and ran past them, they will not chase you. Best to skirt around sneakily to the left and then running like mad when they spot you!

Thats what I did at the railway bridge. Couldn't work out the static charge tunnel affair, so just ran past the baddies, used the shotgun to blow one of them away and pinched his machine gun.

Once I'd spoken to the bloke with the dog problem, I went back to finish them off.

I could really do with a sniper scope. The guns I've got right now seem a bit rubbish from anywhere other than point blank range.

nice little easter egg.

stalk2.jpg

I also managed to find 6 meat chunks! by this point in my second run through. I'm in dark valley.

I cant seem to get the option of 1280x800 screen res in game, but it does show 1680x1050 for my monitor.

Tried changing the user.ltx file to 1280x800 but it doesnt work. Any suggestions?

EddScott said:
Helped him and moved forward to go to Agroprom but theres like 7+ bandits waiting around the trains and I just get wasted.

Found that bit dead easy first time round on 'Stalker' setting - replaying on Veteran and got owned repeatedly until I backed off the gung-ho approach. Ended up sprinting out of the gates and hiding behind the tree nearby and then just picking off the bandits as they tried to angle me.

I love the realism on this, was in some sort of underground thingy and suddenly came across this semi-invisable thing that turned out to be a large flailing mouthed type creature and I did exactly what I'd do in real life... RUN AWAY

And a bit further on there was some dude that must have had real bad breath cause he kept doing a little dance which made queezy and again I did what any normal man would do RUN AWAY

Really enjoying the game so far. Not sure if its from my Deus Ex days but I'm finding myself using a modified pistol I found in the training area more than any other weapon and there's pretty much a limitless supply of ammo on dead geezers (hmmm, king of pistols in DE)

it was just when you go under ground and your searching for strylock's stash my under wear turned a shade of brown (a dark shade i had lamb for tea :p ) i heard a growl and some heavy breathing i shot round looking behind me for some foul nastie and i couldnt see anything then releived i turned round again only to be met by one of those bloodsuckers i shreaked and my gf luaghed :D

keogh said:
Yeah, that was hard to play... especially when things start to move.................. on their own :confused:
Yeh that's freaky.

In the labs I've had bits of wood and boxes at me which freaked me out. Then once I was about the train station when suddenly there were guns flying at me. In daylight, that freaked me out even more as it was completely unexpected. You'd think all the scary places would be dark :p

Dougsnake said:
oh ye that was some freaky **** did that level last night totally enjoyed it though whilst being freaked out wont say much more as it will spoil it and on the way out wasnt a good time to run out of g37 ammo hehe :eek: all fun :D

Yeah, I always seemed to have that problem in the labs too...ended up having to make my way out with pistols or crappy weapons picked up from enemies. Bloodsucker vs. Viper submachinegun :eek:

Last edited:
PinkFloyd said:
Yeh that's freaky.

In the labs I've had bits of wood and boxes at me which freaked me out. Then once I was about the train station when suddenly there were guns flying at me. In daylight, that freaked me out even more as it was completely unexpected. You'd think all the scary places would be dark :p

That caught me by surprise as well, i just legged it and didn't go back! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom