**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Damn I missed that flying gun thing in the train yard, killed the bugger before he could chuck anything at me! :(

I scoped him from a mile away and just thought "wtf are you doing here? :confused: oh well ... click, click, click".

Man, just saved Mole, went underground to kill some bandits and FPS dropped through the floor :(

Had to try 1024x768, lowered settings and it still sucked. hope its not all like that.

just played for an hour, got through prip and got a stash thing...door decoder missions seems to have gone?

got past prip and to chernoybyl NPP, and won't spoil it but jeeze...not sure what I am doing and there a quite a few enemys dead, dead, dead lol Tunder isnt much use

Played on and off this weekend.

Been to the labs, turned off the radition widget (reminded me of the start of HL2 actually). Now off to shut down the Brain Scorcher and got a side mission to give Duty a Grenade Launcher from Freedom - Been to Freedom already and I think I've already got one stashed in a box near the railway/downed chopper area - thought I might need it on the way to the mobile lab.

Who gives me the mission to go back to cordon and speak to another stalker about strelok? I need to do this to get the right ending yes?

The weight limit is a real pain sometimes. I've given up with pistols and only keep shotguns in buildings. Just use Vantar (SP) sinper rifle for long distance. TRS for middle distance and AK for near distance. Seems to sort most things out and hardcore enemies get grenades lobbed at them.

Walking round, you can tell there was so much more to this game than whats been released. It could even have been a great MMOFPS with the different factions and missions to choose.

Last edited:
EddScott said:
Played on and off this weekend.

Been to the labs, turned off the radition widget (reminded me of the start of HL2 actually). Now off to shut down the Brain Scorcher and got a side mission to give Duty a Grenade Launcher from Freedom - Been to Freedom already and I think I've already got one stashed in a box near the railway/downed chopper area - thought I might need it on the way to the mobile lab.

Who gives me the mission to go back to cordon and speak to another stalker about strelok? I need to do this to get the right ending yes?

The weight limit is a real pain sometimes. I've given up with pistols and only keep shotguns in buildings. Just use Vantar (SP) sinper rifle for long distance. TRS for middle distance and AK for near distance. Seems to sort most things out and hardcore enemies get grenades lobbed at them.

Walking round, you can tell there was so much more to this game than whats been released. It could even have been a great MMOFPS with the different factions and missions to choose.

***SPOILERS***

You should get a mission from a guy called Mole who will give you a lead on Strelocks stash. It is through a short sewer system. In his stash you need to look for Strelocks flash drive (it is on a shelf behind a chalkboard on the left), take this to the bartender in Bar and he will tell you see a the guy in Cordon.

As for weapons, just get a GP 37, it'll pretty much do everything you need; NATO ammo can be farmed in the Wildlands as the bandits in there re-set quite frequently. Just don't go too far unless you want to key off the Yantar (Mobile Labs) missions.

Last edited:
MoratJG said:
***SPOILERS***

You should get a mission from a guy called Mole who will give you a lead on Strelocks stash. It is through a short sewer system. In his stash you need to look for Strelocks flash drive (it is on a shelf behind a chalkboard on the left), take this to the bartender in Bar and he will tell you see a the guy in Cordon.

As for weapons, just get a GP 37, it'll pretty much do everything you need; NATO ammo can be farmed in the Wildlands as the bandits in there re-set quite frequently. Just don't go too far unless you want to key off the Yantar (Mobile Labs) missions.

Yeah, I'm thick! I've done that. Going to set off to meet the guy. Its just such a trek. Wish they'd left the vehicles in.

Im in the Chernobyl Power Plant now and its impossible... and I think its cos I only have a crap suit and I have NO radiation protection.

Inside the Power plant, if you haven't got a good radiation protection suit and/or good radiation protection artifacts, are you screwed? I'm constanly getting radiation poisioning in here, and its impossible to kill the heavily armed soldiers aswell as keeping chucking anti rads in me? What can I do? The only suit I have is Ghosts suit! What suit should I have?

Its annoying me now, I love the game, but this bit is VERY hard!!!

Any help will be appreciated!

hmm, after you took the level from Pripryrat you cannot go back...do you have a previous saved game?

if you do, do the X16 labs mission and get the green seva suit. If not, then go to the Rostock Duty post on the east side of the map and in the bar there take the mission to get the bulldog launcher from the Duty man. Bring this back from Warehouse map and he gives you a very nice suit.

The chernobyl level is tough, but if you have the suits and plenty of Tunder ammo (and Tunder) along with the Gauss gun you can pick them off one by one whilst saving quick!

Am

Amadeus said:
hmm, after you took the level from Pripryrat you cannot go back...do you have a previous saved game?

if you do, do the X16 labs mission and get the green seva suit. If not, then go to the Rostock Duty post on the east side of the map and in the bar there take the mission to get the bulldog launcher from the Duty man. Bring this back from Warehouse map and he gives you a very nice suit.

The chernobyl level is tough, but if you have the suits and plenty of Tunder ammo (and Tunder) along with the Gauss gun you can pick them off one by one whilst saving quick!

Am

Even with a good suit... dont you still get radiation poisioning? i.e. do you have to keep whooping anti rad pills in? Or can you take your time with them?

The dudes are not a problem, its just cos of the damn radiation, I can't take my timing killing the soldiers cos I have to rush to the end before I die of rad poisioning? I can't believe that made the game so you HAVE to have a certain suit to complete the thing? How are you suppose to know the last level will be completly intoxicated? That ridiculous?

keogh said:
Even with a good suit... dont you still get radiation poisioning? i.e. do you have to keep whooping anti rad pills in? Or can you take your time with them?

The dudes are not a problem, its just cos of the damn radiation, I can't take my timing killing the soldiers cos I have to rush to the end before I die of rad poisioning? I can't believe that made the game so you HAVE to have a certain suit to complete the thing? How are you suppose to know the last level will be completly intoxicated? That ridiculous?

like what was said previous, get the bulldog grenade launcher and give it to duty, you get one hell of a suit in return

Also i seen numerous exoskeletons in chernobyl, dont know how you didnt see one

keogh said:

***SPOILERS***

There are three different options to get a good anti-rad suit.

The easiest is probably to buy a SEVA from Yantar (you shouldn't need any money after this point) although there is one in a stash in Wildlands if you can find it.

The second is to hand the 'Ghost Suit' you get from Yantar into the Proff in the Mobile Lab, he should give you a Green SPM-99 suit which is good for radiation and gunfire (I think you can buy one of these as well, but they ain't cheap).

The last is to do the Duty 'Bulldog' grenade launcher mission. Fairly simple; just use whatever means necessary to get the launcher from the Freedom chef in Warehouse (it's easier if you are on good terms with them) and take it back to the Duty General.

After getting into the NPP the rad drops considerably, and there are a load of other suits you can pick up if you do a full clear of the levels after that. I finished the game with a Military suit in my pack, an exo on my back and another Monolith suit stashed in reserve.

Just don't hang around outside the NPP, there are too many enemies and too much rad; just rush to the objective as fast and as hard as you can.

Back
Top Bottom