**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

PinkFloyd said:
A question that would probably be a spoiler to anyone not completed the game yet

Well managed to find the door for the decoder, gone through it, fought my way through loads of guards and into a room with a 3d light display type thing in it surrounded by 6 things with blue lights on them flashing/

As I walk into this room the door shuts and nothing happens :/

Any ideas?

Yeah, shoot the lights :D

It will be fairly obvious when you have shot them enough :)

Also, stand outside the room and shoot them. This way, the critters that appear won't/can't attack you.

Finally realising that this game is quite CPU limited, ran perfmon for a while to see what was going on, 1 core maxed out, the other 10-20% usage. If I set affinity to 1 core FPS in some places dropped by around 4fps.

Which settings in the game are CPU limited? My 8800GTS seems to be waiting round for the CPU to pass data, sometimes I get 60fps+ at 1680x1050, others < 20fps (even if I use a lower res).

SPOILER below about some documents at the beginning ........

After getting a GP-37 I decided to take on the guys at the outpost at the beginning (right as you exit the start town instead of left) and found a case with some documents, but what do I need to do with them?

Dutch Guy said:
SPOILER below about some documents at the beginning ........

After getting a GP-37 I decided to take on the guys at the outpost at the beginning (right as you exit the start town instead of left) and found a case with some documents, but what do I need to do with them?

You need to get them for a quest later on in the game.

Shouldn't do. Should be like any sidemission you do in advance, you'll accept the mission and complete at the same visit to the mission 'giver'.

I really mucked up that outpost mission. Ended up hiding in a bush surrounded by twitchy army guys having to pick them off as they entered my bush.

fnar.

It might be fun, if some interesting mods come out. But as it is at the moment I think vehicles are completly unecessary. You'd realise just how small the maps are and the whole game mechanic as it is at the moment (that I love) would vanish.

This kind of game really needs huge maps for vehicles to be worth while. Like OPFlashpoint.

/stick-in-the-mud

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Transport_Mod;77758

Not sure I need it now as I'm at the forest and doubt I'll need to go back but if I play again it would be handy.

Guess it was just a case of re-allowing the game to use vehicles. Apparently all the code is there but it was blocked when they made the map smaller.

According to myth, the forest close to Chernobyl glowed green soon after the explosion. Its very hard to find it without coming up with the game or the film but Stalker is a term used for russian scientists investigating chernobyl. Read a very in-depth article on the whole thing in National Geographic.

The new cover will be the largest moving man made object when built and according to some, some inner parts of the reactor and surrounding area are still molten.

FAO: Radiation Edition Owners (Special Edition)

Sorry, just wanted to get the radiation owners attention. If you own this (not bothered about people with the normal version, as your jewel/dvd cases are different) can you have a look at your CD, and see if there is a crack at all near the centre?

I have a post elsewhere on the forum about this, but I got a reply from THQ saying its not a known problem so I would have to get a new CD... so could, if you own the special edition, look at the hole in the middle of the CD, and see if you have a crack (or the start of one) starting there moving towards the data area of the DVD?

I'm sure its the special editions DVD case that has caused the crack, as its quite tight putting the DVD back in, so I reckon that has stressed it... and if thats the case then its THQ's fault and I want a replacement for free :D

Please have a quick butchers for me if you have it, I'd appreciate it!.. and it could help you in the future if the same happens to you!

ta

subxero said:
I have a tiny crack in mine, when i say tiny i mean <1mm in length, so perhaps other people have as well then?

Could well have been me though :(

1mm, thats how they start. Do you think that when you put the cd back in its case its very tight, and make s squeking noise... I'm sure its their case.

If more people say they have a problem, Im gonna collect a petition I think, and we all get new CDs and free copies of STALKER 2 when its released!! :)

Back
Top Bottom