**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

neo202020 said:
Carrying them is fine but don't equip them onto your belt, gl.

You are a star... Thanks.. I had quite a few attached to my belt (red +5), so I disposed of them quickly. I did worry at first because the radiation sign doesn't go away immediately. After about a minute the sign went and health remained stable.

I attempted the sewer level again and it only took me about 10 minutes as opposed to 2 hours +. Came out the other side with plenty of health packs too. The main thing is, is that I can progress \o/.. Once again thanks.

Inquisitor said:
Just for future reference, the red effects listed on artefacts are bad; the green ones are good ;)

So anything mentioning radiation in red is going to give you radiation poisoning.

A point very well noted - many thanks :)

Archangelus said:
No, XP Pro, fully patched, running the 97.92 forceware. Just realised there's updated drivers for my GTS, going to give those a shot.

Ah, the benefit of Logic and hindsight :) updated to the latest drivers for my GTS card, and Viola! A string quartet of Stalker goodness playing across my screen.

Damn, this games just big in scale! Only doing the first mission for the trader guy you first meet, and it's not your typical 'charge in blasting' game, is it? Graphically it seems quite similar to HL2, but haven't had a change to play around with the graphics settings yet.

So far, I like :)

Admiral Huddy said:
A point very well noted - many thanks :)
You can find certain artefacts which actually absorb radiation as well, e.g. fireballs, droplets, thorns, urchins, etc., which are really useful as you can just equip them all and run through a radiation hotspot. They'll help mitigate the radiation for you.

Also, if you find a -30 radiation artefact (urchins do this), then you could equip a load of the +5 ones and not worry about radiation.

I retract previous statements about this game - Playing it for a few more hours has changed my view completely. It's absolutely amazing. Atmospheric to the extreme and very well thought out. I'm hooked.

Is there anyway to turn off the lightning effect though? The game runs silky smooth until lightening starts, then it slows down every time it strikes.

Admiral Huddy said:
You are a star... Thanks.. I had quite a few attached to my belt (red +5), so I disposed of them quickly. I did worry at first because the radiation sign doesn't go away immediately. After about a minute the sign went and health remained stable.

Glad to help mate :)

Admiral Huddy said:
I've gone through this thread as best as i can so sorry if this is a repeated question but does anyone know the location of the saved games so I can back them up?

Thanks

My computer> Shared Documents > [Stalker folder ]> Savedgames

Just a quck one. Just been to the Duty Leader and i now have a side quest for a launcher, this would be fine bit the pda already has the bit for finding the chef marked red, before i even start.........? Can i find the launchers without his help?

Hmm, just got to the Professor Krelov bit, got him to the other professor but he managed to get himself killed when we go to take measurements :rolleyes:

Should I restart from where I met him (no recent saves...) so he doesnt die or does it not really matter?

Sherm said:
Just a quck one. Just been to the Duty Leader and i now have a side quest for a launcher, this would be fine bit the pda already has the bit for finding the chef marked red, before i even start.........? Can i find the launchers without his help?

SPOILAGE FOLLOWS:

There are two options. The reason it's red is probably because you joined Duty in their attack on Freedom's base so the Chef is dead and even if he's not Freedom aren't very likely to be friendly. Your two choices are:

1. Go into Freedom's base and find the 2-storey building on the right hand side of the area. On the bottom floor the room on the right with a door of bars can be accessed by shooting the lock off. Inside you'll find cupboards with a huge arsenal, including the bulldog.

2. Go to the abandoned village (from the Bar go to the area where Freedom's base is and follow the road until you see a village to your left). In the village you'll be in for some fun surprises and one of the houses has a Bulldog and some grenades for it in the basement.

Obviously you'll want to do both eventually to get a Bulldog for yourself or just the grenades for your Tunder.

Gl/hf :)

I've really noticed that this game is limited by my CPU, turned everything on max with my card and its no different FPS wise to when it was on lower settings. Still, least it looks nice whilst it chugs away :D

I have just found my way into the Bar..

1. Is there any advantgae of accepting any quests from the bar residents?

2. Is there any point of going inthe Arena for a fight.

3. Which is better.. The STALKER Jacket or the Merc Jacket? only the barman has given me a Stalker jacket yet he has a Merc one.

Thanks

Admiral Huddy said:
I have just found my way into the Bar..

1. Is there any advantgae of accepting any quests from the bar residents?

2. Is there any point of going inthe Arena for a fight.

3. Which is better.. The STALKER Jacket or the Merc Jacket? only the barman has given me a Stalker jacket yet he has a Merc one.

Thanks
1) Money and (possibly) useless objects, but some people like to do every quest in the game.

2) AFAIK again for money and guns, I think if you become champion you get a GP-37 which is very good but you can also get lots of them at the Freedom base.

3) I can't remember, just equip both and look at the stats percentages in green.

MMMmmm,

Bought this on sundy and played a few times.

Grinds my PC into the ground and doesn't let go till its crashed !

GPU reaches like 90 od in the temp monitor in ATi tool ! gets to that at
621/725 wich is stock 3d speeds.

Running it at 1280x1024 as any widescreen setting is a no no.

Turned the grass detail right down and that helped and a few other options.
With hdr off I'm getting about 48-60fps according to fraps but it pauses a lot when wondering around. Like its wating for the next scene to load. Also iwth hdr off it looks pants !

PC is totally stable in every other game I play. So i guess this games is just a beast. I've installed patch 001 or something like that.

Anyone else know of any tweaks I can do apart from a hardware upgrade ?

Also does this use Dual core or not as I could stick my 3.0ghz optty back in if not ?

SIG
x2 3800 @ 2500
ATI X1900 xt @ 695/837
2Gb Ballistix PC4000
ASrock 939 Dual Sata 2, bios 2.20
Nec 20.1 Wgx2
Antec truepower 430watt.

Back
Top Bottom