**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Revolution6000 said:
Sorry if this has been asked, but I tried to join a few multiplayer servers earlier and pretty much every single one I joined, I got a "Different version" error, I'm pretty sure I have the latest patch, yet still can't seem to join any server.

Your probably trying to join a UNPATCHED multiplayer game.

EddScott said:
I get the same message. Although I haven't patched yet as I completed it re-patch and don't want to lose the use of my saves.

Your probably trying to join a PATCHED multiplayer game?

Both just hunches, as I haven't played this multiplayer... I actully never play multiplayer games!

LoadsaMoney said:
All thats in the 3rd patch which im waiting for, should have combined it with this one as its due now.

Yeah the patch they are releasing is a bit pointless... and I don't like the look of that last addition... I just see the word respawn and I don't like it!

I might apply this patch, chances are I will wait for the proper patch!

Loadsa, where do you get all this information from? You got the inside track somewhere?

keogh said:
I don't like the look of that last addition... I just see the word respawn and I don't like it!

* Improved: A-Life system. NPCs will respawn and move slower.

Hi mate, what don't you like about that bit?
Lots of people weren't impressed by the relatively short time in which the NPCs respawn, slowing it down seems to be a step in the right direction :)
Although I have to say I never had and problem with the speed they moved about.

Col_M said:
* Improved: A-Life system. NPCs will respawn and move slower.

Hi mate, what don't you like about that bit?
Lots of people weren't impressed by the relatively short time in which the NPCs respawn, slowing it down seems to be a step in the right direction :)
Although I have to say I never had and problem with the speed they moved about.

Is that what it means? That they will respawn in a less short time? If so then great, but that sentance doesn't sound like that to me?

If it does mean that then cool, I don't like enemies that respawn full stop!

keogh said:
Is that what it means? That they will respawn in a less short time? If so then great, but that sentance doesn't sound like that to me?

If it does mean that then cool, I don't like enemies that respawn full stop!
I guess they say it a bit awkward, I think they mean that respawning happens after a longer period of time and that the NPC's move slower is something that wasn't really a problem for me.

What about savegame compatibility with this patch?

keogh said:
Your probably trying to join a UNPATCHED multiplayer game.

Your probably trying to join a PATCHED multiplayer game?

Both just hunches, as I haven't played this multiplayer... I actully never play multiplayer games!

On the multiplayer screen it has the version number in the last column. I've tried logging on to all the version stated with the same error.

Pity because there are some lovely maps to play.

Back
Top Bottom