**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

hiya, just a quick one. I am on my way to the red forest to turn off the antenna and have found a keycode door. Its just after a blockade and is up a ladder to a concrete building.
Can someone tell me if i am supposed to have the code for this? Have carried on to the labs now and working my way to turn the thing off, just wondered if i have missed something.

Cheers

Andy

Sherm said:
hiya, just a quick one. I am on my way to the red forest to turn off the antenna and have found a keycode door. Its just after a blockade and is up a ladder to a concrete building.
Can someone tell me if i am supposed to have the code for this? Have carried on to the labs now and working my way to turn the thing off, just wondered if i have missed something.

Cheers

Andy

Nah, you don't need to open that.

redwarp4 said:
where are all the suits in the game? can i take them off dead stalkers,mercs ,army ect? do i have to find them?

Generally you find them in stashes, buy them off traders, get awarded them for completing missions but very rarely ever find one on a corpse.

p.s. there's a merc suit in the attic of one of the buildings in the rookie village right at the start, need to jump from one building to next to get to it though and peer through hole in roof.

hmmm traders, i'm looking for some more traders as i have a lot of crap to sell, i can only find the one at the start of the game and the one at the bar, where abouts are the others? can some one point me in the right direction

redwarp4 said:
hmmm traders, i'm looking for some more traders as i have a lot of crap to sell, i can only find the one at the start of the game and the one at the bar, where abouts are the others? can some one point me in the right direction

You can trade (very limited items) with anyone, if they have the money.

But for traders I have only come accross those two you mentioned and the scientist in Yantar.

re: the trader after coming out of yantar

i completed the mission, had a browse, and he had a nice tunder (sp?) for sale. saved, then bought it to test against my current weapon (whatever it was at the time), along with some other goodies to test. decided i wanted the tunder, so loaded the save again, and he didn't have it anymore. I found that each time i loaded the save he had different stock (varied quite massively between loads), so i kept loading till he had it again.

Must say, it started off amazing, and was until i hit the warehouses area, where i've been 'stuck' for about a month - still playing unpatched version, and the area crashes constantly, and i havn't patched it because i don't want to lose my saves.

Any news on the new patch date, and if it will still contain the save game converter?

I'm not that fussed about starting again though - i feel i missed out a lot near the start whilst still getting to grips with everything, so may just start over.

I know I'm late coming to the party but I got to say I love this game!

Really reminds me of Deus Ex in terms of open ended levels and a fairly realistic damage model. I also love the fact that pistols aren't irrelevant further on in the game (at least 5 hours in so far).

To anyone holding back not playing this game - don't.

I've not really seen any in game issues that have concerned me. A few NPCs hands appearing through doors but this is an overhang from it's DX8 days I should imagine. In all, the game holds up well.. I'm certainly having fun with it. So my advice is get it now :)

I've just returned to Cordon after getting the files from X18 labs.. quite tough getting out. I've complete a couple of minor objectives but failed to return for the reward as I was elsewhere.. Really frustrating but part of the game I suppose. I managed to claim a few rewards. I'm just about to steal some docs from an ememy border just down the road, then will be returning to Bar to collect my reward for retrieving the docs :)
Great stuff..

Admiral Huddy said:
I've complete a couple of minor objectives but failed to return for the reward as I was elsewhere.. Really frustrating but part of the game I suppose. I managed to claim a few rewards.
If it is items just keep the items in your inventory, the same quests re-appear after 1 or 2 game days so you can accept them again and instantly finish the quest.

I am having a completing mission issue atm. When i get the the Barrier they ask me to help etc, i do that then it says to go ack to the Freedom guy to collect your reward. I go back and they guys just says hello...... :p Kinda just carried on though to the red forest, will see when i get back if he accepts me. Odd though.

Back
Top Bottom