**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

HELP !!!
Ok guys I started playing this friday, I have just completed the X16 mission, but making my way back to the bar to hand over the docs is near impossible ... for some reason the radiactivity is hammering m health pretty much all the way, it wasn't like that on the way too the mission.
I have injected myself, I have 3 types of armour, but nothing seems to work, am I stuck now entirley ?

TBH the amount of ammo to kill an enemy, combined with how little kills me, was annoying, this on top makes it ridiculous :rolleyes:

Vogon said:
HELP !!!
Ok guys I started playing this friday, I have just completed the X16 mission, but making my way back to the bar to hand over the docs is near impossible ... for some reason the radiactivity is hammering m health pretty much all the way, it wasn't like that on the way too the mission.
I have injected myself, I have 3 types of armour, but nothing seems to work, am I stuck now entirley ?

TBH the amount of ammo to kill an enemy, combined with how little kills me, was annoying, this on top makes it ridiculous :rolleyes:

Remove the radioactive artifacts from your belt :)

I wonder where that guy who called me a few names when I laughed at him for taking crap talking about knowing the top guy who in GSC and said there was not going to be no more patches :D?

Nice to see a fix for the warehouse zone. Was doing my head in

pumped no end of bandages on, it says radiation levels too high without protection on screen, and the yellow radioactive bar on the inventory is full, even in the bar ??

Yep tried both injections and vodka, they slow the rate down but don't stop it, all anomolies having been dropped too, I wonder if I have found a 1.003 bug ?

Vogon said:
Yep tried both injections and vodka, they slow the rate down but don't stop it, all anomolies having been dropped too, I wonder if I have found a 1.003 bug ?
It looks like it, the only way you would keep getting radiated is if you would stand in the middle of an anomaly but you are in the bar where there is next to no radiation.

Have you tried different suits?

Yep .. I have the stalker suit and the ghost one, no difference.
Its only started after I came out of the X16 labs, I had to leg it across a radioactive area to make my way back, and since then it seems to have stuck with me, even through 2 level changes on the route back, it took all my bandages, injections and medikits just to get to the bar, and I still ain't safe :rolleyes:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/860003693831/p/23
had a bugged save game once that left me getting hit with radiation no matter how many syringes I used. Hopefully you don't have something like that happening. I went back through the same areas and couldn't believe how easy it was without my health draining non-stop. lol

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/860003693831/p/26
Hmm, after having done the Dark Valley part, I'm now constantly irradiated. If I take off my artifacts and suit, the yellow bar fills up after 15 seconds.

Has anyone experienced this? Bug, or? It's kinda annoying, because even though an artifact gives me -30% radiation, so it's kept in check, I stutter when I run which is really, really annoying.

Aye that was it .. had the stutter while running to ... more like a limp though lol.
I re-started from just before the tunnel exit from X16 and its fine now, although there were a lot more nasties to kill on the way back this time.

Dutch Guy said:
When you go thru their checkpoint do not go into the building but go to the right, he is standing in a room on the right of the building you need to enter. (he looks like a normal Duty soldier)

this is in the duty main base (in the part of the map where the bar is)? yeah?

not some other check point on the map?

anyone else getting save game crashes since the new patch? Everytime I go into pripyat from a prior save and then save again, it saves ok but will bring up a debug console if i try to load it.

I've had similar with the prior patch in other areas where it seems a run of saves goes bad and you have to step back several saves and start from there, annoying in the extreme, this game really gets on my wick :(

pinkaardvark said:
anyone else getting save game crashes since the new patch? Everytime I go into pripyat from a prior save and then save again, it saves ok but will bring up a debug console if i try to load it.

I've had similar with the prior patch in other areas where it seems a run of saves goes bad and you have to step back several saves and start from there, annoying in the extreme, this game really gets on my wick :(
I have not had that, I haven't gone to Pripyat yet though, I just stopped the Brain Scorcher.

Back
Top Bottom