**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

You haven't even scratched the surface then! :D

OT - you know you're supposed to use the catacombs to get into the facility to get the docs - I didn't, I just waded in and mowed everyone down. It worked, suprisingly!

I do intend to (and need to) get into the 'combs again anyway, to find those odds and sods :)

redwarp4 said:
whos is this Strelok person and why does it say kill strelok?
Looks like you rushed thru the game and only did the main story.

Also be aware that there are a lot of endings and by doing the most obvious (going to the Wishgranter) you get a false ending. (propably the "rich" ending or the "do not get too much money" ending )

As for this Strelok guy, I am not going to answer that as it would be a major spoiler.

I'm near the scientists lab, you know that deserted industrial complex with all the zombies - can you actually get in there? I haven't explored many options yet but every time I approach it I get the 'dangerous psi emmissions' and have to back off.

Shotgun's fun with the zombies though :D

Lashout_UK said:
I'm near the scientists lab, you know that deserted industrial complex with all the zombies - can you actually get in there? I haven't explored many options yet but every time I approach it I get the 'dangerous psi emmissions' and have to back off.

you have to do a few different missions beforehand to be able to get into that area, you'll know when its safe :)
though having said that i managed to make it all the way through that area and further down into the lab before it was safe :p

is there any way to get out of the NPP once you're inside? as i can go right up to the wish-granter but i know how that ends and dont want to lol.

I really am having troubles with this game currently. On a completely new nvidia driver set, 160's but the game still does the same multicolour screen and i lose the ability to see anything yet it is still running fine as the sound is still there and pressing keys gets sound responses... Its always after a few minutes too and the only way back into windows is a full reset. The graphics temp doesnt exceed 70 upon rebooting and the cpu is at about 40 degrees as well. Everything is running at low in the advanced section but no matter what I do it still crashes!

Sidewinder....go back to the corridor before it says 'move level' to wish granter....down one of the corridors is another exit to more corridors and the real ending....

Amadeus said:
Sidewinder....go back to the corridor before it says 'move level' to wish granter....down one of the corridors is another exit to more corridors and the real ending....

once you're in the wishgranter level there is no way out is there? ive seen a door that says "locked by a code" and cannae get through it :(

theres loads of things i "missed" along the way during the storyline before even reaching the NPP 'arena' anyway, once you're in there you cant get back to pripyat can you?

so ive loaded it from waaay back and i'm going to try and find the stalker called guide in the cordon - though he doesnt seem to be anywhere at all which sucks.

EDIT - Hurrah! managed to open that door using the gauss gun bug :D

Last edited:
Lashout_UK said:

I can't recall exactly what you do, but I ran into the same problem in that area, so decided to turn back and continue with the main mission. As I recall, after a bit you end up doing a mission for the Professor at Yantar and he gives you this prototype helmet that protects against psi emissions. It's part of the main mission, so you'll definitely need to get it in the end anyway.

What the hell? I took the job from the scientist to get the 'heating' suit from the dead stalker.

So, after finding it's in the danger zone, I brave the brainwaves and stumble around the base trying to find it not to much joy, being zombified and attacked all the time, natch (Bearing in mind I haven't got the helmet).

Then, I find these stairs so I go down them and I'm in one of the labs, yet without helmet. Then the scientist comes on and tells me how to use the helmet, but there's no brainwaves down there!

Oh dear! Best go through that other lab first where it's not zoned out and then pick this up later :)

Lashout_UK said:
What the hell? I took the job from the scientist to get the 'heating' suit from the dead stalker.

So, after finding it's in the danger zone, I brave the brainwaves and stumble around the base trying to find it not to much joy, being zombified and attacked all the time, natch (Bearing in mind I haven't got the helmet).

Then, I find these stairs so I go down them and I'm in one of the labs, yet without helmet. Then the scientist comes on and tells me how to use the helmet, but there's no brainwaves down there!

Oh dear! Best go through that other lab first where it's not zoned out and then pick this up later :)

Wow, I'm suprised you managed to do that. I found it nigh on impossible to do without the helmet; had to use a full medic pack every 5 seconds or so! That said, I was trying to do the ghost suit (healing suit) mission, not the underground lab mission. What difficulty level are you playing?

Lashout_UK said:

i did that the first few times aswell :D

i even managed to get all the way to the core and turn off half of the stupid control nodes before finally running out of medkits!

I'm playing it on Medium I think - 2nd from most difficult, anyway.

I did start and play the game through for a good few hours on most difficult, to prolong the life of the game - but it was more irritating than anything, getting shredded by bullets from clicks away and so on. Made it so tough I wasn't enjoying it :)

I aborted that idea because it was obvious I was going to die quite quickly - so I've done a few other thing and I've finished my task to find and enter the other X lab instead, to find the documents :)

Anyone had any luck finding a Flesh's eye yet? I kill loads of them, yet not come across one :mad:

Back
Top Bottom