**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Well that was a tad irritating - I snuck through the base to free the duty soldier in the basement, all went well and completed it.

As I went to leave the complex, about 10 blokes spawned around me as I walked through a doorway, took a few of them down but they were just everywhere! :o

Hah - just run into the bit where you offer to buy the killer rifle for 800 .......then he walks off with your money.

So naturally, I shot them all :D

I have a great rifle now (well, as far as I've covered) - Storming Okara or along those lines - underslung grenade launcher, scope, armour piercing rounds, takes em down quickly!

This game is great! No real bugs to speak of so far either, apart from one lockup where it just stopped working after about 5 hours play (fair enough!)

Bloody game!!!!!

I have been playing it fine for 2 days straight, got to the dark valley area & now the game wont run for more than 2 mins before it crashes to desktop, even if i go back to the previous area or load old save games.

:mad: :mad: :(

Anyone else getting graphic glitches or artifacts since new patch? I recently bought an 8800 gts, so fresh install of windows and the 158.22 forceware. Patched Stalker to new patch and started a new game, only thing is i'm getting bad glitches when there is a storm.

When the lightening strikes it glitches, don't get it any other time and its seems to be getting worse. I don't think its the card as i don't get it in any other games or 3d mark. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything? :confused:

Proc said:
Anyone else getting graphic glitches or artifacts since new patch? I recently bought an 8800 gts, so fresh install of windows and the 158.22 forceware. Patched Stalker to new patch and started a new game, only thing is i'm getting bad glitches when there is a storm.

When the lightening strikes it glitches, don't get it any other time and its seems to be getting worse. I don't think its the card as i don't get it in any other games or 3d mark. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything? :confused:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9300847&postcount=1738

Cheers neo, glad to know i'm not the only one. So along with dodgy performance i know have to put up with random glitches. :rolleyes:

I really do like this game, but it's a pain in the rear sometimes.

Proc said:
Cheers neo, glad to know i'm not the only one. So along with dodgy performance i know have to put up with random glitches. :rolleyes:

I really do like this game, but it's a pain in the rear sometimes.

Reinstalling the drivers solved it for me on a 7800GS. I'm finishing off my new build with a 8800GTS in it so we'll see if the glitches occur there as well.

Last edited:
is it normal for this game to run very poorly on x64 vista systems? just bought it today and its hardly playable, as soon as i stepped outside of the first room my fps dropped to a slide show :( maybe my 7800GT is holding it back? :o that is the oldest thing in this machine

Neolink said:
is it normal for this game to run very poorly on x64 vista systems? just bought it today and its hardly playable, as soon as i stepped outside of the first room my fps dropped to a slide show :( maybe my 7800GT is holding it back? :o that is the oldest thing in this machine

nope i am running it on full dynamic lighting on high details with an x800

I tried searching the thread but there where so many references to 'nvidia' that it became fairly pointless. I've got a 6800GT with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ on an nForce 3 ultra motherboard. The problem i get with Stalker and only stalker is that the game will crash after an undertermined period of time and its not a ctd its a complete crash which means a hard reset. Sometimes it would happen after a couple of minutes, sometimes after 10... But I know I've had no more than 10 mins between crashes. It happened in Vista x64 and also XP both with latest drivers of the nvidia website. I'm in XP at the moment, so anyone got any ideas?

Neolink said:
Try disabling Dynamic Lighting, shadows and draw distance.

BlizzardX said:
I tried searching the thread but there where so many references to 'nvidia' that it became fairly pointless. I've got a 6800GT with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ on an nForce 3 ultra motherboard. The problem i get with Stalker and only stalker is that the game will crash after an undertermined period of time and its not a ctd its a complete crash which means a hard reset. Sometimes it would happen after a couple of minutes, sometimes after 10... But I know I've had no more than 10 mins between crashes. It happened in Vista x64 and also XP both with latest drivers of the nvidia website. I'm in XP at the moment, so anyone got any ideas?
When it crashes is there a floppy icon flashing in the bottom right corner?

Maybe try defragging the drive the game is on?

Hmmm... Don't know Dutch Guy... I'm normally fairly involved trying to kill people at that point although the little disc icon appears quite a bit. I'll give it a defrag but I would be surprised if that helped considering i've only just formatted that drive.

BlizzardX said:
Hmmm... Don't know Dutch Guy... I'm normally fairly involved trying to kill people at that point although the little disc icon appears quite a bit. I'll give it a defrag but I would be surprised if that helped considering i've only just formatted that drive.
It's a long shot, I know.

But performance seemed better for me when I defragged a very fragmented drive.

ok, just on my way to the sarcophagus as ive turned off the brain scorcher..
i felt like going back to the bar for some stuff.
ive managed to really annoy both Duty and Freedom, and now i cant go into the bar and getting around in the warehouses area is troublesome too.

ive not been into the duty base at all, ive never been allowed in there :confused:

is there anything i can do about this?

Back
Top Bottom