**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Vista issues

Regretably since I upgraded from xp I havent been able to maintain a stable game on stalker at all, does any one else have Vista issues that stop the game from playing totaly and when is the hardware patch I have herd of due for release?

Thanks again

Yea, just hadn't had any luck finding one.

However, I stumbled across one today and found an eye at last.

Yummy.

Done X18 and X16 now, met the doooctooooor, off to traipse around in the mindbending zone with my tinfoil helmet now :)

Erm, if you do the labs and return the docs to the barkeep, (I think, can't remember the sequence of events) it should turn up as a task and have a direction to him. Ask a load of questions as well.

Maybe I picked up something from a dead guy.

You know where you met that guy in the collapsed house being attacked by dogs earlier on, near one of the entry points, who was 'waiting to meet someone' - he's there :)

Lashout_UK said:
Erm, if you do the labs and return the docs to the barkeep, (I think, can't remember the sequence of events) it should turn up as a task and have a direction to him. Ask a load of questions as well.

Maybe I picked up something from a dead guy.

You know where you met that guy in the collapsed house being attacked by dogs earlier on, near one of the entry points, who was 'waiting to meet someone' - he's there :)

ive done lab X18 and the PSI lab and got Ghosts suit, i also have Streloks flash drive and a note saying to meet guide.. but he's nowhere that i look, including that area :(

EDIT - hold the phone... i'm sure i have the lab documents, as i got them at the same time as ghosts suit that i gave in for the SPPm suit, but ive just found out that i should have a meeting arranged with the duty leader on giving those documents to the barkeep.. thats not happened...

when i meet him will he be forthcoming with information?

on a side note, in the cordon area the first mission target still appears on my map - the kill bandits at the carpark mission.

Last edited:
the bandit mission is a bug I think - im redoing the game on hard difficulty and its a real bugger :)
As for the guide, I think you need to go back to the underground hatch place to streloks cache......

Can anyone help me "get into" this game? I've done a few missions and got a sawn off shotgun. Then Im heading over to some area called the Garbage and I just keep dieing. Its just irritating, it beeps and then I die. I drank some vodka to counteract radiation? Also, what are all the random ... I dunno, air effects? The things that look like ripples in the air? I just get fed up and bored playing this as all I seem to do is die.

secret pripyat stash

i was exploring around pripyat and i found this room on the first floor of some appartment complex and through the locked window you can see a bunch of special items, such as a miltary armour suit, a decoder, and streloks secret documents.

All doors to this room were locked tho so i couldnt get in, but i managed to get close enough to the window to press F and take the documents. They dont actually do anything yet, but i want to get in and get the other stuff.

Anyone know how?

Souness said:
i was exploring around pripyat and i found this room on the first floor of some appartment complex and through the locked window you can see a bunch of special items, such as a miltary armour suit, a decoder, and streloks secret documents.

All doors to this room were locked tho so i couldnt get in, but i managed to get close enough to the window to press F and take the documents. They dont actually do anything yet, but i want to get in and get the other stuff.

Anyone know how?

I didn't come across that door but normally you'd just shoot the lock off?

no the room was completely impenetrable.. no visible locks or anything just a door and window that just make a *click* noise when u use them.

if anyone else wants to take a look then its in the building directly south of the ferris wheel. its towards the south west corner of the first floor, and there is a low roof u can walk along to reach the outside of the window.

Last edited:
Shiz said:
Can anyone help me "get into" this game? I've done a few missions and got a sawn off shotgun. Then Im heading over to some area called the Garbage and I just keep dieing. Its just irritating, it beeps and then I die. I drank some vodka to counteract radiation? Also, what are all the random ... I dunno, air effects? The things that look like ripples in the air? I just get fed up and bored playing this as all I seem to do is die.

That's pretty much how I feel too. I think it's a cool and different game - but I'm finding it hard to get into. I'm also not playing it until there's a patch that enables dual core support. I'm sure there's an awesome game in there somewhere......I just haven't found it yet.

Shiz said:

It's irritating in the beginning because you have crappy weapons and armor, but you will have a lot more fun as you progress through the game. The game play is quite different from others so it's just a matter of getting used to it IMO.

Those are the anomolies you've come across so avoid them at all cost. There aren't many radiation zones in the beginning so it shouldn't be a problem. The faster it beeps the closer you are to an anomoly and it's the same with radiation, the faster it clicks the heavier the radiation.

Curio said:
That's pretty much how I feel too. I think it's a cool and different game - but I'm finding it hard to get into. I'm also not playing it until there's a patch that enables dual core support. I'm sure there's an awesome game in there somewhere......I just haven't found it yet.

it can be difficult at that point of the game i was the same, but once u get ** self a automatic weapon and some good armor it kicks ass, also this game just gets better and better the longer u play it.

FFS, getting out from the brain scorcher is a real chore. Every time I enter a room a burst of full auto rains down on me and I die. With that knowledge, when I reload I storm in and drop the guy but christ, it's taking me some sweet time!

Lashout_UK said:
FFS, getting out from the brain scorcher is a real chore. Every time I enter a room a burst of full auto rains down on me and I die. With that knowledge, when I reload I storm in and drop the guy but christ, it's taking me some sweet time!

the brain scorcher is pripyat isnt it? or are you talking about the brain scorcher control building?

Lashout_UK said:
Yea, sorry, the control building :)

I play without the crosshairs, possibly a tad masochistic but quite enjoyable :D

small hint, if you havent done it.
when you first come down the steps after waking up and there is a guy to your right and then a guy through the doorway and to the left... walk past the guy on the left and there is a crate. i found a pretty damn good artifact in there when i broke it for the first time.

Shiz said:

I got a a machine gun off one of the bodies at the bandit hideout early on in the game, when they spot you & start shooting - stand behind a tree with your shotgun loaded & the second one appears close up give him both barrels & press your key for fast run - right over the hill out of sight & then reload & save, they will come after you but wont run, do the same again -hit & run & then sneak back & loot the bodies for better weapons.
Did you get the Stalker suit right at the start when you come out from the trader? This is a big help to keep you alive , I don't know how anyone could find it without help to be honest as it requires a climb a run & a jump, read this guide:
http://uk.guides.ign.com/guides/480467/page_5.html

I have only been playing for three days & I was expecting it to run badly but it runs excellent with all settings at max, just the occasional split second stutter when entering a big new area is all I have had so far

EDIT: LOL just played again & ventured into a radiation area near a scrapyard & FPS went into a slide show, warning says I dont have proper suit for this area so I guess I need to go back to previous level :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom