**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Admiral Huddy said:
I have just reached Lake Yantar.. I have to escourt Prof Kruglov to get some science readings... When we reach a bus, there's a cut scene and he dies... Is this a fixed script? Does he need to survive?

this happened to me the first time, there is a cut scene yes - thats always scripted. but you need to make sure you kill all of the zombies before the cut scene as you will always end up inside the bus.

then when you get up take him back to the bunker and you'll get a working psi helmet instead of a prototype.

dgmug said:
well just got this yesterday man it grinds system to a halt buggy as hell patched to 10003 .seems pretty hard gunna give it some effort though.
Stick with it in the beginning, it might seem confusing, difficult and crap at the beginning but it gets way better when you find some assault rifles and when you get to the later stages.

Save often and use a different save file everytime if possible.

SidewinderINC said:
this happened to me the first time, there is a cut scene yes - thats always scripted. but you need to make sure you kill all of the zombies before the cut scene as you will always end up inside the bus.

then when you get up take him back to the bunker and you'll get a working psi helmet instead of a prototype.
When i did this he just stood by the bus and wouldnt move, i shot him in the end and took the items back.

Dutch Guy said:
Save often and use a different save file everytime if possible.

i thank god that i used a different save each time, as i had to go back to waaay back in the game but i didnt want to have to do all of the crud at the beginning again.

so piece of advice, even if you dont use a different one each time, make sure you have a rock solid save when you first get to the bar in rostok! and never over write it!

I got a new 22" widescreen monitor coming tomorrow so want to repaly stalker again :) but on a harder level - did on STALKER setting before.

However, I haven't patched it at all. I've got a great save point at Pipryat where I can go back and re-do pretty much everything up to the point of no return. Fancy going back and killing everybody for the "I want to rule"

Am I right in saying that if I use any of the patches my saves will be useless? I know this has been covered but just in case I missed something.

Actually, is it worth me patching at all? Its only ever given me one bug issue which didn't even stop me playing. Don't want to mess with it and create a bunch of problems I didn't have before. :)

EddScott said:
Am I right in saying that if I use any of the patches my saves will be useless? I know this has been covered but just in case I missed something.

Actually, is it worth me patching at all? Its only ever given me one bug issue which didn't even stop me playing. Don't want to mess with it and create a bunch of problems I didn't have before. :)
If you have a v1.0000 save it will not work after patching, a v1.0001 save will work when patched to v1.0003

IMO the game is much better patched, the game is much more balanced and expecially the enemies don't have super hearing and super sight, they also cannot shoot thru walls.

Well, every time I've experienced it you can shoot them through mesh/gates. Used to mow quite a few down but as in real life the added obstacle to the path of the bullets infers more innaccuracy and less damage, possibly making it seem like nothing is hitting home.

Never really tried through the doors...Just saved my ammo till they stuck their head out :D

Well, patched up and starting again on Vet. Seems easier but guess thats just knowing what to do. Not sure if its mentioned but theres a decent suit in Cordon if you get on the roof of the building on the left (coming from the trader) nearest the road. In a crate you can just make out through the broken roof.

Tried multiplay briefly but seemed like a fair amount of cheating going on and could not for the life of me find any decent weapons. Shame really because I've never actually played any game via online play.

Last edited:
On reaching Yantar, things have gone a bit weird..

Firstly, look at the screen shot below..:

ss_paul_05-27-07_17-56-52_l08_yanta.jpg

Is the Yellowish atmososphere normal?

I patched from 1001 to 1003.. didn't make any difference so I'm assuming it's a weather storm.

The proceeding to the brain lab.. I've noticed the flash light doesn't work.. It flickers like mad and you can't see a thing..

ss_paul_05-27-07_18-12-28_l08u_brai.jpg

Look also at the screen shot . notice it's not drawing properly??

It's been fine up to now.. If i re-load previous levels it's fine..

Anyone else had these?

Back
Top Bottom