**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Admiral Huddy said:
Ok cheers... Just me being paranoid..

I can't see a bloomin thing in the labs :(
If its the level im thinking of, it has a very good cut scene at the end. Graphics look awesome. Im in the Red Forest area now, i still get the feeling that im not sure what an earth is going on in the whole plot though.

I just did the arena bit & won all 3 fights but when I came out i had lost everything in my inventory inc. all weapons etc. is this a bug or what ?
I had to revert to a previous save to et all my stuff back

Fathomed it out now lol, knowing your gear is in the box also means you can use health pack before going back in. :D
At the dark valley its constantly in radiation area, I rescued the prisoner but used up all my vodca & syringes, every 20 seconds you start to die & I have the suit that the barman gave me but cant see how you can survive long enough to advance further

Last edited:
Admiral Huddy said:
Look also at the screen shot . notice it's not drawing properly??

It's been fine up to now.. If i re-load previous levels it's fine..

Anyone else had these?

At one point I remember the light being pretty much useless so this might be it. The shine didn't seem to work properly and worked incorrectly with the other shadows - like a shadow on the floor would be as if it was a wall - if you get me.

Only drawing problems I had was on the last - certain parts just stretched into the distance or from top to bottom. Restart sorted it.

Dutch Guy said:
Don't you have a suit with nightvision?

I didn't know the suit had night vision.. I've got the mercenary suit I think...

Oh well, I managed to complete the objective inside the Yantar facility albeit I didn't realise the escape tunnel was only a few yards from Ghosts body, so I went all the way back to the start to find it blocked hahaha.

I know about the night vision now thanks.. This would have helped ealier when I was in the wildlands at night, which was tough going as well.

I'm just cleaning up in Yantar now.. Collecting bits off the floor and selling them to the professor before I go back to Rostok.

Interest bug in the Yantar lab.. Kruglov stands in betwen the wall and boxes preventing you from getting past either way to the professor.. Damn annoying :(

How the heck do I survive the beginning of the dark valley?
I use medpacks & needles to survive getting to the bloke who wants me to help him release a hostage so I use a few more following him past the marsh to the ambush & while we wait my health keeps dropping so by the time I kill the bandits I gasp my last breath as I have no more healthpacks.
I have the suit given by the bartender & some of the anti radiation artifacts but
I cant get past this part of the game :confused:

Usher said:
How the heck do I survive the beginning of the dark valley?
I use medpacks & needles to survive getting to the bloke who wants me to help him release a hostage so I use a few more following him past the marsh to the ambush & while we wait my health keeps dropping so by the time I kill the bandits I gasp my last breath as I have no more healthpacks.
I have the suit given by the bartender & some of the anti radiation artifacts but
I cant get past this part of the game :confused:
Check what you have on your belt, you must have something thats draining your health, i cant remember getting hit with radiation during this part of the game.

just found this, tried it & it makes no difference,

Quote:
When new, the stalker suit gives you 50% resistance to radiation. (the orange ecologist suit gives 90% resistance, which is the highest you can have). Put on a few -radiation artifacts on your belt, like fireball or urchin, and that should be enough to protect you from radiation. You could even run through buck naked without any radiation protection, just use an anti-rad or a few bottles of vodka afterwards. If you are dying right after the dark valley map loads, that's a bug. Take an anti-rad right before you switch maps.

Heres another snip from a website which may explain things. Its to do with saving your game whilst bleeding or being radiated, Its a bug that continues when you reload the save, bleeding & radiation sickness continue & cant be stopped.
This fits my dark valley problem exactly. Even more bizarre is the autosave from when I first entered the level, I had 50% health which I kept topping up as I followed the stalker to the hostage ambush. Reloading it now & I die instantly so this means that the savefile has corrupted somehow & I carried on dying LOL

QUOTE: This is one of the most rarest ones that I came across and thought it was just a glitch. If you save your game the instant that you take damage that causes Bleeding, Radiation, or (the one that causes your screen to shake, can't remember it) and you load your game, you will constantly be taking Bleeding, Radiation, ect. Damage no matter how many times you heal. However, this requires you save your game at the exact moment you get hit which is very unlikely altho it can happen in certain circumstances

Just a quick random question....Do the mods, (trader etc) work on a 1.0003 patched game? They all say 1.0001. Cheers. :)

EddScott said:
At one point I remember the light being pretty much useless so this might be it. The shine didn't seem to work properly and worked incorrectly with the other shadows - like a shadow on the floor would be as if it was a wall - if you get me.

Only drawing problems I had was on the last - certain parts just stretched into the distance or from top to bottom. Restart sorted it.

sort of.. this is the shadow problems I'm getting since loading 1003:

These are the screen shots on returning to Bar :

ss_paul_05-29-07_20-27-30_l05_bar.jpg

ss_paul_05-29-07_20-21-54_l05_bar.jpg

ss_paul_05-29-07_20-21-44_l05_bar.jpg

you can see by this one the long shadow being cast???

ss_paul_05-29-07_20-16-05_l05_bar.jpg

Must be a bug.. It wasn't like this the last time I has in bar.. :confused:

edit - this is with the flash light on??

Back
Top Bottom