**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

^^^^

Problem sorted... I should know better..

Installed latest NVIDIA drivers (158.22) worked fine... So..

If you are loading patch 1003... make sure you have the most recent driver loaded :o

:p

Great stuff.. I'm ready to head north now.. Have a good stock of items too.

Admiral Huddy said:
^^^^

Problem sorted... I should know better..

Installed latest NVIDIA drivers (158.22) worked fine... So..

If you are loading patch 1003... make sure you have the most recent driver loaded :o

:p

Great stuff.. I'm ready to head north now.. Have a good stock of items too.
If only all game issues were as easy to resolve as this one.

well finally had a proper go at stalker today and kept at it thought it was rubbish and a bit crappy but now done few levels and quite enjoying it now.just seen first alien made me jump so if you havent really gave it a proper go try a bit and youll be suprised.currently underground in some sewer like place where you get attitude monsters :D

Just installed STALKER today. How do i find out what version # it is before patching?
In the options menu/updates - it says no newer updates available.
On the intro screen or loading screens I did'nt see any version numbers.
In program files/THQ/S.T.A.L.K.E.R./bin - there is a file called "Bug Trap.dll 1.0.0.1. is this patch 1.0001?

I know I need to download the patch version(1.003) for either 1.000 or 1.0001.

How do know what I've got? or are new games shipped pre-patched?
can't start game or tweakguide it until I know!
Help please.

Thanks

MooSey

Couple of questions..

1. Where is the bloodsuckers liar?

2. I've been asked to kill a stalker that's imitating a trader. The Stalker is in a group in Garbage near Bes's camp. If I kill this guy then the others turn in to my enemy. Does this mean that ALL stalkers become my enemy or just this little group?

Admiral Huddy said:
1. Where is the bloodsuckers liar?
If you're talking about the Freedom mission it's probably in the village at the southwest end of the Military Warehouses map.

Admiral Huddy said:
2. I've been asked to kill a stalker that's imitating a trader. The Stalker is in a group in Garbage near Bes's camp. If I kill this guy then the others turn in to my enemy. Does this mean that ALL stalkers become my enemy or just this little group?
When you **** off neutral stalkers only the nearby stalkers become your enemy. When you **** off a faction the all become your enemy. Don't **** off factions.

If you put enough anti-rad, or + health artifacts on, they will both decline and increase respectively.

S'what I did once I got into the sarcophagus, I was living body-to-body but rearranged my artifacts so my health was always increasing and the radiation falling.

Worked well :)

BillytheImpaler said:
If you're talking about the Freedom mission it's probably in the village at the southwest end of the Military Warehouses map.

It's the quest obtained in Bar..

BillytheImpaler said:
When you **** off neutral stalkers only the nearby stalkers become your enemy. When you **** off a faction the all become your enemy. Don't **** off factions.

Cheers.. :)

MooSey-UK said:
Just installed STALKER today. How do i find out what version # it is before patching?

I know I need to download the patch version(1.003) for either 1.000 or 1.0001.

How do know what I've got? or are new games shipped pre-patched?
can't start game or tweakguide it until I know!
Help please.

Thanks

MooSey

If you attemp to install the latest patch it will automatically tell you if you need the earlier one also

I went ahead and installed the 1.0003 full. patched up fine and now has version # stated in corner of intro screen.

I just started it yesterday when the mrs got home :(
I think im going to like it though. I've deliberately not read much in the way of spoilers or why people are dissapointed. im going in with an open to mind to an RPG/shootah type game. Can't wait to hear the geigermeter clicking....

New patch 4 being prepared ( info from Stalkerzone)

Ok here is the plan for 1.0004
Main features are:
- retail version correct works with standalone dedicated server
- Remote control for dedicated server
- Max ping disconnect option
- internet data package compression. Better ping, low traffic 50-100%
- correct work with community made maps - no need to change ltx - just download .db file and play
- bunch of MP fixes, like - no refresh autore players during scroling, ability to see another servers without disconnection from current game, crahes ....
Performance:
- better support dual core CPU
- 15% increase FPS
- shaders optimization 5-10% more FPS
SP:
- bunch of MP fixes

need some help :(
got the game, and as far as i can tell my specs are more than good enough to play it

AMD 3500+
1gb RAM
x1900xt 256mb

im using the latest driver for the gfx card, and i still keep getting weird graphical errors after about 10 minutes of gameplay, even with settings on minimal and res at 800x600, getting me down now as it should work, and all my other games work fine on mid-max settings. could it be my GPU is overheating? if so, why? surely its good enough???
:confused:
help :p

Could be - sounds like the most likely culprit. Your spec should be plenty

I'd open up the ATI CCC to check the temperature of your card - I had this during Test Drive Unlimited when it had been working fine and it turned out that the fan had just stopped spinning on my graphics card!

bringerofdecay said:
need some help :(
got the game, and as far as i can tell my specs are more than good enough to play it

AMD 3500+
1gb RAM
x1900xt 256mb

im using the latest driver for the gfx card, and i still keep getting weird graphical errors after about 10 minutes of gameplay, even with settings on minimal and res at 800x600, getting me down now as it should work, and all my other games work fine on mid-max settings. could it be my GPU is overheating? if so, why? surely its good enough???
:confused:
help :p

I would have thought its not enough ram to play this type of game with big expanses of terrain,
Added to that your graphics have only 250meg, The recommended specs to run the game are too low as is usual with games theses days, putting the truth would put buyers off, I have 2 gig ram ,512meg graphics & the game runs smoothly until I get to radiation areas & then it slows down the framerate, mind you I have all settings on full 1280 X 1024

ajgoodfellow said:
Could be - sounds like the most likely culprit. Your spec should be plenty

I'd open up the ATI CCC to check the temperature of your card - I had this during Test Drive Unlimited when it had been working fine and it turned out that the fan had just stopped spinning on my graphics card!

well, it says 84 degrees, but what i want to know is why it gets this hot, when in things like 2142 @ max it gets no where near :(

bringerofdecay said:
well, it says 84 degrees, but what i want to know is why it gets this hot, when in things like 2142 @ max it gets no where near :(

Cards overheat if they're being stressed, 2142 is not as graphic intensive as Stalker, when you think that practically each set of bandits you kill will remain permanently there complete with their lootable kit & that they are usually replaced after a while with yet another set of bandits & while you are killing them the body count piles up, also that there are packs of rabid dogs & boars etc. constantly on the move all over the map it takes some powerful kit to run it as it was intended

Usher said:
Cards overheat if they're being stressed, 2142 is not as graphic intensive as Stalker, when you think that practically each set of bandits you kill will remain permanently there complete with their lootable kit & that they are usually replaced after a while with yet another set of bandits & while you are killing them the body count piles up, also that there are packs of rabid dogs & boars etc. constantly on the move all over the map it takes some powerful kit to run it as it was intended

yes, but im running it on MINIMAL not MAX (like i do on 2142, i was just using a recent game as a comparision)

Back
Top Bottom