**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Purchased stalker yesterday... installed .. patched .. and went into network game.

First couple of games good ran perfect then I had to log due to revision.

After my exams I connect today it just seems laggy all the time. I kill a couple of times then all of a sudden I am randomly dieing, my gun is nowhere to be seen.. I see fire effects (as if the gun is firing) 10 seconds after fireing??? :( This happen on all the servers I joined even those with 40 ping.

Has anybody else experience this? What should I do?

I don't suppose anyone is running this on the minimum system requirements, how's it handling, could you post a screenie?

I'm considering buying it if it looks and runs reasonable but i'm too skinted to upgrade. :p

TIA.

William said:
I don't suppose anyone is running this on the minimum system requirements, how's it handling, could you post a screenie?

I'm considering buying it if it looks and runs reasonable but i'm too skinted to upgrade. :p

TIA.

im running it above system req, and im still having to run the game on minimal settings, and its trrible, i wouldn't honestly recommend buying it unless you have something 2GB dual core (ie 3800+(+)) and with a decent graphics, x1950 (+)

bringerofdecay said:
im running it above system req, and im still having to run the game on minimal settings, and its trrible, i wouldn't honestly recommend buying it unless you have something 2GB dual core (ie 3800+(+)) and with a decent graphics, x1950 (+)

I ran it on my previous rig (3.2GHz Prescott, 2GB Ram, 7800GS AGP) on low-med settings fine...

neo202020 said:
I ran it on my previous rig (3.2GHz Prescott, 2GB Ram, 7800GS AGP) on low-med settings fine...

yes, but it hardly shows the game for what it should be, and i was quite dissapointed, but i think 2GB of RAM would make all the difference

Woot. Just finished this for the second time.

First time I ended up doing the dud ending. :rolleyes:

This time through I did it on Stalker difficulty setting and did the sub missions. Loved the VC Special. Found it quite early on and played most of the game right up until the end with that gun.

This time I went all the way to C-Consiousnes and turned them down and fought my way out. Must say I was a bit dissapointed. Thought I was going to blow up those energy reactors or something. Perhaps a end of game 'boss'. But no, just a succession of thugs to headshot.

Does anyone know how much it cost to develop this game?

dgmug said:
what is the monster called that ive just tryed to kill and got owned :D i was just coming out sewers then errie music came on and i thought here we go son get some of this :p but when i looked at him woopssss :eek: sucked me alway upto him with his special watever it is and hammered me :D :D can you actually kill them or do you just leg it
Dont know what they're called but know what you mean. You just need to hide, then unload a full clip at him (should be easy enough if you have the fast firing ak, then hide. As soon as you head a noise, hide or he'll pull you in.

pegasus1 said:
Just got to the reactor and boy has it suddenly got difficult, Whats the sketch with the countdown timer?
Do you mean outside the power plant?

I tried for ages to do that slowly, but always got mashed up by the apaches.

In the end I did it by running my ass off, and I pounded the entrance with grenades from the Tunder 14 as I approached it.

dgmug said:
SNIP

can you actually kill them or do you just leg it

I just chuck grenades at him. Its the only time when grenades seem to do anything for me in this game. I generally keep them to trade for more ammo.

Bug One said:
Woot. Just finished this for the second time.

SNIP

I'm on my 2nd trek through. Doing Vet and TBH it seems easier than on Stalker and the only real difference is I'm noticing the armour I've got on is being damaged more. Other than that its business as usual. Does seem a bit "Headshot" or nothing. You can unload a full clip and the guy still stands or one clean shot to the noggin and he's down.

Can anyone tell me where to get an Exo-Skeleton without having to pay? I'm trying to collect all the specials and store them at the bar stash box.

I'm going to get to the point of no return. Save the game then go back and kill everyone from Cordon, duty, freedom. :D

EDIT: Still finding the GP37 weapon of choice. Got a lightweight IL86 with muffler but then found 2 GP37s. That and fast shooting AK are pretty much the ones to have IMO.

Last edited:
EddScott said:
I'm on my 2nd trek through. Doing Vet and TBH it seems easier than on Stalker and the only real difference is I'm noticing the armour I've got on is being damaged more. Other than that its business as usual. Does seem a bit "Headshot" or nothing. You can unload a full clip and the guy still stands or one clean shot to the noggin and he's down.

Can anyone tell me where to get an Exo-Skeleton without having to pay? I'm trying to collect all the specials and store them at the bar stash box.

I'm going to get to the point of no return. Save the game then go back and kill everyone from Cordon, duty, freedom. :D

EDIT: Still finding the GP37 weapon of choice. Got a lightweight IL86 with muffler but then found 2 GP37s. That and fast shooting AK are pretty much the ones to have IMO.
The first exoskeleton I found was in the power plant.

My weapon of choice was the VC Special. Its either under the Research Base or the x16 mission, can't remember which. Either way, its one of them. You come to a broken lift and have to climb down the ladder to the side of the lift. There are two levels of ladders to climb down. In between the ladders around the other side of the lift is a stash with the VC Special. Best gun in the game for sniping headshots. Once I had that there was no need for a sniper rifle.

I stuffed up a bit after shutting down X18. I accidently shot a duty merc. So after that I always had to fight my way to the bar and back out again. :p

Bug One said:
My weapon of choice was the VC Special. Its either under the Research Base or the x16 mission, can't remember which.
Do you mean a Vintar BC?

As soon as I found a GP-37 I have been using that ever since together with a Vintar BC (I have just arrived in Pripyat)

I also took a SVD/2 Dragunov but have very little ammo for it.

Dutch Guy said:
Do you mean a Vintar BC?

As soon as I found a GP-37 I have been using that ever since together with a Vintar BC (I have just arrived in Pripyat)

I also took a SVD/2 Dragunov but have very little ammo for it.
Probably. The one like the VLA Assault Rifle, but with the scope.

The Dragunov, is that the multi grenade launcher? I found it was just too heavy to hold onto considering I never found enough ammo for it. I used a Tunder 14 which were easy to pickup nearer the end of the game simply as a grenade launcher.

I also got the Big Ben pistol which was always handy for warding off mutants. Was a handy gun as it used the same ammo as the Tunder and VC. I found that near Freeman.

Bug One said:
The Dragunov, is that the multi grenade launcher? I found it was just too heavy to hold onto considering I never found enough ammo for it. I used a Tunder 14 which were easy to pickup nearer the end of the game simply as a grenade launcher.
No, a SVD/2 Dragunov is a full length sniper rifle, only good for headshots from a great distance.

The big grenade launcher is a Bulldog 6 I think.

Dutch Guy said:
No, a SVD/2 Dragunov is a full length sniper rifle, only good for headshots from a great distance.

The big grenade launcher is a Bulldog 6 I think.
What do you need the sniper rifle for if you've got the VC? I found it really inacurate.

The VC fires tracers, so you can always see where the shot is going.

The SVD is lethal, Was my sniper of choice the second time playing through the game (I had the trader mod installed so ammo wasn't a problem)

Probs will start playing through again with a weapon customization mod if I can get one that works properly....

Ok, don't want a complete spoiler, just a yes or no really and maybe a hint :p
Im still in the rookie zone doing side quests and generally finding my feet.
i have the "perfect suit" (Nimble met with an accident...) but its rubbish for radiation and anomolies.
can i find a better suit in the first zone? or must i progress onwards as the main quest is urging me.
after dying of radiation exposure and watching mutant dogs fighting over my corpse i decided i'd like more than vodka ;)

Back
Top Bottom