**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

oweneades said:
Hmmm I am running a 8800GTS 320mb (BFG OC at its stock clocks), C2D E4300 @ 3ghz and 2gb of ram.

I can run it with dynamic lights although I am noticing really odd frame rate issues ie I can look at something and get 70fps then turn full 360 look at the same object and only get 30fps.

I am going to play the game with dynamic lights off simply because I get well over 125fps all the time (at 1400x900 maximum settings)

Try using Float32, makes the dynamic lights look better and perform better. :)

Edit: Link http://www.thefloatingpoint.org/main/news.php

What do you guys use to measure frame rate in Stalker? Have the rig as per sig and run Stalker with Dynamic lights on etc, have done throughout the game and have been pretty happy with the speed, but would like to know what frames i am getting.

Sherm said:
What do you guys use to measure frame rate in Stalker? Have the rig as per sig and run Stalker with Dynamic lights on etc, have done throughout the game and have been pretty happy with the speed, but would like to know what frames i am getting.
I use FRAPS, mainly because it is a small program that displays the framerate constantly in a corner of the screen, it also can take screenshots and movies of gameplay.

PinkFloyd said:
Just tried that.
Impressive....

Only a bit into the game with this in so dunno non performance, but lighting looks very nice.

I first installed it while I was in the bar area, the difference in lighting quality is massive there.

Regarding this floating point mod, are people using it with max graphics settings?
Im running at max and have no problems regarding framerates. although in general i like the look of the game, sometimes the textures and lighting seem a little "flat".
does this mod enhance the graphics or merely tune it to run smoother?
any before and after screenies would be nice.

MooSey-UK said:
Regarding this floating point mod, are people using it with max graphics settings?
Im running at max and have no problems regarding framerates. although in general i like the look of the game, sometimes the textures and lighting seem a little "flat".
does this mod enhance the graphics or merely tune it to run smoother?
any before and after screenies would be nice.

Helps to sort this out, especially indoors. I'll post some screenies tomorrow if no one else has. Off for a nightshift now. :(

PinkFloyd said:
However I still wish there was an MMORPG style multiplayer mode.

I feel the same. Playing through it, you get the impression that STALKER was supposed to me an MMO of some kind.

Space freedom and duty away from each other. Allow playable monolith. Allow vehicles (although you can already).

With the influx of cash from STALKER fingers crossed it keeps them going with any sequels.

Dutch Guy said:
I just checked the memory usage of STALKER at 1280*1024 all settings max and was quite surprised to see the game use 514MB of local video memory even at 1280*1024 :confused:

I assume this is with dynamic lights on?

No wonder my 320mb 8800gts stutters occasionally.

One thing that did annoy me this evening however was my framerate fluctuation at the same points again.

I have had to restart the game again (don't ask) and first when running through the initial street area I was getting 50fps (ish), I did the first mission for the trader and came back to give him the memory stick. However this time through the street I was getting 25-31fps. :confused:

This really doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom