**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

I don't think you can find a better suit. You can buy a Stalker suit off Sidorovich. Or you can progress with the main quest and get one for free in Bar. I don't know what the merc suit is like compared to the perfect suit, but you can find a merc suit in the starting camp. Look it up on google, can't remember where it is.

the merc suit being the tan jacket in the box at sid's? heh i sold that back when i got the perfect suit.
guess i'll save up or get the free suit then.
just a tad annoyed as i can't get to an artifact (stoneflower) due to an anomalie sitting on it. or reach a stash being as its irradiated.
I've still got a bit of an oblivion thing going on whereas i like to tidy up quest ends before progressing the MQ. it's quite strange not having reams of items for sale that are affordable or having to micromanage every bullet. im really enjoying the feeling though of just being another STALKER in the zone trying to survive.

MooSey-UK said:
Ok, don't want a complete spoiler, just a yes or no really and maybe a hint :p
Im still in the rookie zone doing side quests and generally finding my feet.
i have the "perfect suit" (Nimble met with an accident...) but its rubbish for radiation and anomolies.
can i find a better suit in the first zone? or must i progress onwards as the main quest is urging me.
after dying of radiation exposure and watching mutant dogs fighting over my corpse i decided i'd like more than vodka ;)
You can get a better suit.

Go to where Wolf is standing. Climb up the ladder behind him. Run along the roof and jump to the next roof. Go to the far end fo the roof and there is a small gap where you can see a box. Shoot the box and a suit will be inside it. You should be able to pick up the suit from outside the roof.

MooSey-UK said:
the merc suit being the tan jacket in the box at sid's? heh i sold that back when i got the perfect suit.
guess i'll save up or get the free suit then.
just a tad annoyed as i can't get to an artifact (stoneflower) due to an anomalie sitting on it. or reach a stash being as its irradiated.
I've still got a bit of an oblivion thing going on whereas i like to tidy up quest ends before progressing the MQ. it's quite strange not having reams of items for sale that are affordable or having to micromanage every bullet. im really enjoying the feeling though of just being another STALKER in the zone trying to survive.
I wouldn't worry about those items. Stone flowers give you nothing useful other than a dose of radiation anyway.

You'll have to come back to the trader later in the game anyway and by then you'll of passed hundreds of stone flowers.

The only missions that are really worth doing I found are the 'kill a bandit group' (cause you're going to kill them anyway, so may as well get paid!) 'kill the mutants' or the 'kill the informant / stalker' missions.

cheers. i only wanted the stoneflower to complete one of sid's jobs. i will try and 'nade the anomolie out the way just because it's annoyed me :D
also i'll have a look for this suit behind wolf, thanks.

i think i've done most of the killing jobs. i like them and a silenced pistol to the head is such fun!

this is making a nice change from oblivion, although im getting itchy fingers to tweak and mod the hell out of it!

MooSey-UK said:
cheers. i only wanted the stoneflower to complete one of sid's jobs. i will try and 'nade the anomolie out the way just because it's annoyed me :D
also i'll have a look for this suit behind wolf, thanks.

i think i've done most of the killing jobs. i like them and a silenced pistol to the head is such fun!

this is making a nice change from oblivion, although im getting itchy fingers to tweak and mod the hell out of it!
If you can't get an item due to radiation just leave it, all you get is a bit of money which is not needed later on, I am ~80% into the game and already have 250k spare.

I don't think I ever bought guns and ammo, I just use the stuff I find on enmies after killing them.

From the sounds of it, if there is an anomoly ontop of what your trying to get, a suit even with radiation protection won't protect you from that. They only protect from radiation, which you can normally sprint through anyway.

yeah anomalie is sitting right on top of the artifact in a house.
trouble is you have to use low crouch to get into a hole, grab artifact then get out. low crouch is painfully slow and kills me everytime.
it's now only a question of gamers pride that i find a way of getting said artifact!

Hi all,

I just got this game and so far it seems pretty good although the frame rate seems to be all over the shot (8800GTS 320mb)

Do you guys play with dynamic lights on or off?

Also I have looked at the tweakguide for stalker and I will try a few on there however are there any that you guys reccomend or find pretty good?

Cheers

I play with dynamic light off as I find it super smooth that way.

It's not very well optimized. You need a killer system to even run at a reasonable frame rate.

The weight mod is very good as you will find that your carry weight is no way high enough.

gamer_boy said:
What spec are you running owen? Im running an 8800 GTS, E6600, 2gb ram with all on high, dynamic lighting and its pretty much silky smooth.

Hmmm I am running a 8800GTS 320mb (BFG OC at its stock clocks), C2D E4300 @ 3ghz and 2gb of ram.

I can run it with dynamic lights although I am noticing really odd frame rate issues ie I can look at something and get 70fps then turn full 360 look at the same object and only get 30fps.

I am going to play the game with dynamic lights off simply because I get well over 125fps all the time (at 1400x900 maximum settings)

anyone using any mods they consider Essential?
i've just installed the repair mod (yet to test it) and wondered if anyone here used any mods that increase they games enjoyment but don't detract the survival element.
i must say having browsed thru some of the mods and communities it's not very revealing.
sparse descriptions. poor "readme's", not much mention about savegame compatibility.
I guess the game is still fairly new so we'll have to wait until we get a big modding site thats established and easy to use.

Probably seems a bit off topic but I've been playing the GRAW 2 MP demo and one thing that struck me straight away was how similiar the game looked to Stalker. Even more suprising is that it runs 10x better than stalker, yet looks just as good, if not better. The game engine is amazing, it doesn't really excel in any particular area but makes use of a combination of various graphical effects to create an incredibly rich and organic atmosphere.

I'm not sure how the GRAW engine would fare indoors but it definitely does a far better job than the Stalker engine outdoors. I mean, a constant 50-70fps, absolutely no stutter, no loading pauses, no fps spikes ... its what every game should perform like.

gamer_boy said:
I assume that your on 1.003 and you have the latest nvidia driver (158.22 IIRC).

Yep sorry forgot to mention its all patched up and running the latest drivers.

I done some fiddling last night and tbh I prefer the game without dynamic lighting anyway. The jaggies looked more pronounced with dynamic lighting than without it.

Also the issues with the frame rate (and not the actual framerate itself) are more of a problem for me.

Also a question about the post directly above mine:

Does graw 2 look any different to graw on the pc as I downloaded the demo and it looked blinking awful despite being on maximum everything. And it ran like a dog.

So is the graphics just a demo thing or the actual game itself?

Back
Top Bottom