**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

oweneades said:
I assume this is with dynamic lights on?

No wonder my 320mb 8800gts stutters occasionally.

One thing that did annoy me this evening however was my framerate fluctuation at the same points again.

I have had to restart the game again (don't ask) and first when running through the initial street area I was getting 50fps (ish), I did the first mission for the trader and came back to give him the memory stick. However this time through the street I was getting 25-31fps. :confused:

This really doesn't make sense.
Yes the memoryusage of 514MB is with Dynamic lights on, that could well explain why most of the cards suffer a lot with it on.

PinkFloyd said:
What are you using to measure the memory useage?
I use Rivatuner with a Plugin activated.

Here is how to get it to work:
To configure RivaTuner, choose Hardware Monitoring from the Customize (little triangle) menu. Click on the Setup button. Click on the Plugins button in the lower left corner of Hardware monitoring setup. Scroll through the list and choose Vidmem.dll. Ok out of these dialog boxes.

Leave RivaTuner Hardware Monitoring running and play your game and watch the memory use afterwards.

Dutch Guy said:
Yes the memoryusage of 514MB is with Dynamic lights on, that could well explain why most of the cards suffer a lot with it on.

That would explain all the stuttering on my 8800GTS.

What I don't understand though is that I don't get stutters where you would think I should (ie heavy textured scenes I am fine but looking at a wall I get barely playable framerates)

Ah well aftera good long tinker I have got it running pretty smooth with object dynamic lights only. hovers around 60fps for 90% of the time which is fine for me.

peeps are asking about another patch & I posted this a while back

New patch 4 being prepared ( info from Stalkerzone)

Ok here is the plan for 1.0004
Main features are:
- retail version correct works with standalone dedicated server
- Remote control for dedicated server
- Max ping disconnect option
- internet data package compression. Better ping, low traffic 50-100%
- correct work with community made maps - no need to change ltx - just download .db file and play
- bunch of MP fixes, like - no refresh autore players during scroling, ability to see another servers without disconnection from current game, crahes ....
Performance:
- better support dual core CPU
- 15% increase FPS
- shaders optimization 5-10% more FPS
SP:
- bunch of MP fixes

- better support dual core CPU
- 15% increase FPS
- shaders optimization 5-10% more FPS

So lets see, my 20fps average on x2 4200+ with 8800GTS should increase considerably then since the above "fixes" should bring about around 35% performance boost counting in the dual core support since the game at the moment has absolutely zero dual core support.

Hmm, I'd forgotten about Stalker! Hopefully this patch will make it playable!

Played it when it came out but it was very buggy for me. Patched it and lost my save games so lost interest. Now I've got my new graphics card as well it should be well good! :D

Major S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Update Coming - C&VG is reporting that developer GSC GameWorld is planning to release what they are calling a major update to their recent post apocalypse first person shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. According to the story, the update will include a new Freeplay mode which will have "no story tasks, including only the A-life driven ones, where the goal is to gain ranks, climb up in rankings, so as to become the best S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in the Zone."

sounds interesting.

on another note, i've just reached the 100 rad bar area and have aqquired some different hardware. have to say though the scaling of weapons to other factions armour seems disproportional. with an AK i have to pump lead into the military or bandits whereas at the start the simple sawn of shotty was the law. even the mutant dogs are harder to kill.
is this some form of weapon level scaling? please tell me some of the weapons to come will satisfyingly kill 'splode the baddies? Otherwise i might have to find some weapons realism mod.

got a LM-300ML last night whilst hunting for "the family rifle".
faith restored. tis an excellent gun that dropped the badguys with efficiency.
now i just gotta find that family rifle! bloody thing must be invisible as i've hunted high and low!

installed the audio fix mod. highly recommend.

really enjoying it so far. an atmospheric game where survival is your first priority. liking the fact that you don't just find ammo and first aid kits lying around and have to keep on top of your inventory.
my only gripes are that when you move around to new areas set missions and sequences are activated. I have enough trouble as it is trying to fulfill my tasks and then some bloody enviromentalist or fellow stalker starts screaming for help!
ok, maybe it's not really a complaint. it makes me feel like im never in charge of my destiny whereas in say, Oblivion i am master of my destiny.
But i am not keen on the way zones are divided by barbwire fences or high radiation. damn it i want to explore! and getting to some areas means funnelling thru the same points again and again.
think i'll go underground and actually start my search for Strelok soon. i have a feeling im going to get scared which is why i've stayed on top doing side tasks........poop poop :eek:

Could'nt remember the name from ingame so i had a look at the german STALKER site (oblivion lost or summat like that). its a 5.56 assult rifle, bit like a colt commando. got it in the fight around the downed chopper helping the enviromentalists and it's the same area as the search for the family rifle.
wish these guns had the proper NATO names, I know what they are but can't ever recall their game name.

Back
Top Bottom