**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
I'm still hopeful there will be a Note next year and although seriously tempted with this Z Fold 3 there is not quite enough for me to pull the trigger for what I'm losing with my Note 20 Ultra.

Associate
Right there with you bro!

Man it's been such a long wait for the beginnings of change in the mobile phone market.

Pre-smart we had amazing designs, which is what people decided on. For at least a decade we've slabs of screen in a rectangle shape, with Blackberry the only (short lived) standout.

I hope folding is just the beginning of what can be amazing hardware shapes, sizes & designs along with the smart OS features we've all grown accustomed to.

Associate
Man it's been such a long wait for the beginnings of change in the mobile phone market.

Pre-smart we had amazing designs, which is what people decided on. For at least a decade we've slabs of screen in a rectangle shape, with Blackberry the only (short lived) standout.

I hope folding is just the beginning of what can be amazing hardware shapes, sizes & designs along with the smart OS features we've all grown accustomed to.

I was an Apple nut for such a long time, exclusively in fact since iphone2, but by the 12 I was so bored. Yeah they innovated on each one but generally it was all confined to what an iPhone "should be like".

I was gunna get the fold2 last year but kinda chickened out and played it safer with the S20. I've regretted it ever since so I've literally jumped on the chance for the fold3!

Soldato
Bit disappointed with the trade in price on the z fold 2. Not sure what I was expecting but it was a bit more than £600!

Same, I was expecting it to be around £800.

I was still going to pre-order anyway but I guess faith stepped in. You get 5% off when using Samsung Pay and I couldn't get it to work as non of my cards were supported. I realised how unexcited I was about pre-ordering a phone thats 98% the same as my current phone so gave up.

Associate
Yeah. £600 exchange is really disappointing. Voda offering £63 and £49 for the phone

The main thing I liked is it's water proof! The amount of times I quickly have to put my fold 2 away when it started raining.

Might just hold onto it.

Associate
Yeah. £600 exchange is really disappointing. Voda offering £63 and £49 for the phone

The main thing I liked is it's water proof! The amount of times I quickly have to put my fold 2 away when it started raining.

Might just hold onto it.

The two things I miss from my note 10 is the stylus and waterproofing so I was looking forward to this. I might sell the fold 2 and get a second hand note 20 ultra. I know it's probably considered a downgrade but the novelty has worn off and the practical work considerations are becoming a reality now that I'm starting to work out in the real world again.

Associate
I think it all comes down to software implementation. Sounds like they've worked hard with 3rd parties (Google, Spotify spring to mind), I highly recommend the Linus Tech Tips review, hands down it's the best out of the bunch, feels less 'influencer', digs quite deep into the new O/S features.

Associate
Did anyone else get a £100 off code from Samsung for registering for the Unpacked event? £100 off the 512GB model; can't seem to get the code to work though!!

Wasn't aware this was a thing tbh. Seems like in the UK it was the £79 free 'starter' pack only and Google Play credit (27th onward claim open) for the Watch 4.

Associate
Managed to pre-order the 512gb in Phantom black for around £1500 after work discount. Just sucks that I can't use the Samsung Upgrade Programme. Works out to be around £41ish a month.

Associate
Can get £300 trade in for my Note 8 if I pre-order, taking the price to £1299. Not bad really given the price of the last Fold.

EDIT: Should probably create a Fold 3 thread, saves filling the Note 20 thread with Fold stuff.

Associate
All those that ordered this time you may get it earlier than advertised, last year the Note 20 Ultra said Friday delivery but I fact we received it on the Wednesday before ;)

Associate
Website is live for pre ordering £369 for bluetooth watch 4 with £200 trade in for my Watch 3 so £169
Yeah they are offering £100 for my Galaxy Watch 46mm so end price is £269.
The odd thing is I am part of the 'perks at work' scheme and if I go through that route they give me around £50 discount but when I add the trade in they only offer £20 for my Watch, so I'm still better off just doing a straight trade with no discount.

Watch 4 classic looks awesome, now is it black or silver:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom