**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
Now if the Fold 3 was in the same price bracket as the Note 20 ultra then it might tempt me even more but as it is I still can't warrant trading in my Note 20 ultra for it and an increase in monthly payments.

Associate
Now if the Fold 3 was in the same price bracket as the Note 20 ultra then it might tempt me even more but as it is I still can't warrant trading in my Note 20 ultra for it and an increase in monthly payments.

It's going to be way above, surely? The Fold 2 is £1599 so I expect the 3 to come in around £1700 but I could be way off the mark?

Associate
The rumour is that the Fold 3 will be cheaper than the Fold 2 according to some leaks.

Really? Interesting. I have told myself I will go up a little bit but not too much so would be welcome if that was the case.

Wonder if the Flip would be available as well as the fold because that could be tempting too.

Associate
Just had push notification from Members saying my upgrade window is the 11th, that's the unpacked day I think so probably will enable me to preorder if I so wish.

Same, just wondering at what cost. Full price Fold 3 - £500 or so trade-in? So you'll end up with some £60+pcm. Hmmm.

So is there no 6month refresh Galaxy S model then then, like OnePlus did for a while.

Associate
Same, just wondering at what cost. Full price Fold 3 - £500 or so trade-in? So you'll end up with some £60+pcm. Hmmm.

So is there no 6month refresh Galaxy S model then then, like OnePlus did for a while.

When buying the fold 3 via the upgrade program would the Note 20 go back as a trade towards or just paid off and forgot about?

Associate
No I understand that, but what happens do they just wipe off the loan or can you add it as part ex? Am I wishful thinking haha

The traded in phone pays off the remaining loan, closing it out. Klarna will confirm via email. You then take out a new loan agreement with the "upgrade", starting again over from anew. People choosing not to upgrade just continue paying off the final 12 months.

So actually, for people on Samsung Upgrade Program via Klarna like me it'll be the full amount (£2K?) over 24 months. That is a lot of money.

I'm sure they offer the flip and S21 Ultra, although it's questionable if that is an actual upgrade.

Associate
It draws better and stuff.

Sounds like a the equivalent of current Note 20 S-pen, which can be charged in 40 seconds within the phone and smart features (bluetooth, button, gestures etc) lasting 30 minutes whilst outside. It doesn't have a battery but a capacitor to accomplish this.

Because Fold has no internal holder I expect the "Pro" will instead contain a tiny lithium-ion battery, with USB-C to charge it. Beyond that it'll be the same, but larger in size by the looks of things. Hmm.

If they offer it for free I'll bite but otherwise largely stopped using the pen now all my remaining sites, apps fully support mobile and zooming in whilst in "desktop mode".

But then maybe the Fold will truly be a multi-tasker because of the bigger screen (with obvious split, foldable features) being baked in. We'll see end of Aug/early Sept.

Associate
Sounds like a the equivalent of current Note 20 S-pen, which can be charged in 40 seconds within the phone and smart features (bluetooth, button, gestures etc) lasting 30 minutes whilst outside. It doesn't have a battery but a capacitor to accomplish this.

Because Fold has no internal holder I expect the "Pro" will instead contain a tiny lithium-ion battery, with USB-C to charge it. Beyond that it'll be the same, but larger in size by the looks of things. Hmm.

If they offer it for free I'll bite but otherwise largely stopped using the pen now all my remaining sites, apps fully support mobile and zooming in whilst in "desktop mode".

But then maybe the Fold will truly be a multi-tasker because of the bigger screen (with obvious split, foldable features) being baked in. We'll see end of Aug/early Sept.

I have read it is going to be a "starter pack" on offer for pre orders consisting of the case, pen and a wall charger.

Back
Top Bottom