*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Duff-Man - screen/pixels do look pretty smooth up-close:

Samsung_Galaxy_Note_2_review_07-900-100.JPG

Soldato
I'm not impressed with the iPhone 5 so I've decided the Note 2 will be my next phone. Only problem, when's the actual release date? But disappointed at the lack of information from Samsung :angry:.

Associate
Samsung must be crazy waiting this long to actually get the Note II on the market. Especially with the iPhone 5 coming out on 21 September. People are just going to get impatient and go with the apple instead. :o

Soldato
Samsung must be crazy waiting this long to actually get the Note II on the market. Especially with the iPhone 5 coming out on 21 September. People are just going to get impatient and go with the apple instead. :o

yeah because people that want a phone with 5.5" screen will just get a phone that has 4" and runs iOS.. LOGIC.

Associate
yeah because people that want a phone with 5.5" screen will just get a phone that has 4" and runs iOS.. LOGIC.

That's people in the know talking. There is a huge portion of people who will reach the end of their contract and just look at which new phones are coming out. They won't really understand or know the differences and just want one of the latest top end phones. They will see that the iPhone is coming out sooner and go with that.

I myself am debating between either this or the iPhone, I have no real preference about screen size or operating system. I use an iPad and SGSII at present and can use both so the two factors you put forward are not really big in my mind. I'm getting quite impatient with zero factual information about release dates from Samsung and as far as I can see it might take until November or December?

Apple however have said 21st September as a definite date which gives people a chance to plan cancelling contracts, etc.

Soldato
That's people in the know talking. There is a huge portion of people who will reach the end of their contract and just look at which new phones are coming out. They won't really understand or know the differences and just want one of the latest top end phones. They will see that the iPhone is coming out sooner and go with that.

I myself am debating between either this or the iPhone, I have no real preference about screen size or operating system. I use an iPad and SGSII at present and can use both so the two factors you put forward are not really big in my mind. I'm getting quite impatient with zero factual information about release dates from Samsung and as far as I can see it might take until November or December?

Apple however have said 21st September as a definite date which gives people a chance to plan cancelling contracts, etc.

Then why not buy a galaxy s3? It's out now?

Associate
Good point Antony, I was looking at the S3 but after seeing a friend's i'm not sure I like how curvy the edges look. The Note 2 looks more square from photos, a bit like my S2 which I like. Whether it will be like that in person i'm not sure and I would like the chance to see. No sign of a release date however is frustrating and i'm beginning to give up waiting.

I will probably look again at the S3 in person as my opinion may have changed.

My gripe really is with how little Samsung have announced about the Note II in terms of dates compared to Apple with the iPhone 5.

Soldato
Good point Antony, I was looking at the S3 but after seeing a friend's i'm not sure I like how curvy the edges look. The Note 2 looks more square from photos, a bit like my S2 which I like. Whether it will be like that in person i'm not sure and I would like the chance to see. No sign of a release date however is frustrating and i'm beginning to give up waiting.

I will probably look again at the S3 in person as my opinion may have changed.

My gripe really is with how little Samsung have announced about the Note II in terms of dates compared to Apple with the iPhone 5.

I thought the same about the S3, I've since used my old S2. Ewww.

Associate

It's all well and good saying that my thoughts are illogical but that doesn't really matter. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only person who is interested in the Note 2 but might get a different phone due to there being no release date...which was my original point. Not the smartest move by Samsung imo.

In the meantime i'll be considering other phones which may include the S3, iPhone 5, etc.

Soldato
It's all well and good saying that my thoughts are illogical but that doesn't really matter. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only person who is interested in the Note 2 but might get a different phone due to there being no release date...which was my original point. Not the smartest move by Samsung imo.

In the meantime i'll be considering other phones which may include the S3, iPhone 5, etc.

It is illogical, you wait for the Note 2 and get an amazing phone, or you can't wait that long and buy a S3. There is no middle ground.

Associate
But without information about a release date I kind of am stuck in the middle ground?

I don't want to jump and get the S3 if the brilliant Note 2 is going to come out very soon. but at the same time I don't want to wait and the Note 2 not come out for months and months whilst in the meantime i'm still paying the contract on my Galaxy S2.

At least with iPhone I know where I stand, I can have one by 21 Sept or soon after?

Your information is very helpful though and has made me think. Hmmm.

Moving away from this, does anybody have a Note 1 and how easy does it fit in jeans pockets? I wear jeans pretty much every day after work (where I wear a suit so it will fit in the jacket pocket I would have thought).

Back
Top Bottom