*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
But without information about a release date I kind of am stuck in the middle ground?

I don't want to jump and get the S3 if the brilliant Note 2 is going to come out very soon. but at the same time I don't want to wait and the Note 2 not come out for months and months whilst in the meantime i'm still paying the contract on my Galaxy S2.

At least with iPhone I know where I stand, I can have one by 21 Sept or soon after?

Your information is very helpful though and has made me think. Hmmm.

Moving away from this, does anybody have a Note 1 and how easy does it fit in jeans pockets? I wear jeans pretty much every day after work (where I wear a suit so it will fit in the jacket pocket I would have thought).

Didn't think about that durrr. Fair point.

My S3 fits snug in my jeans but only just. Then again my jeans are a little to small for me after the tumble dryer went mental.

EDIT: Just go into a phone shop and ask if you can have a look at a galaxy Note/S3 and stick it in your pocket, when I got my S2 Phones4You were more than happy with me opening an S2 and a HTC to have a play around.

Last edited:
Associate
Is there any indication of when we are going to get an official release date for this?
I've seen 15th October but that is seemingly unconfirmed speculation.

I am eager to try this out in my hand to see if I'd be comfortable with it. If not then it is an S3 for me...unless the I can somehow hold off for the new Nexus phones.

Soldato
Is there any indication of when we are going to get an official release date for this?
I've seen 15th October but that is seemingly unconfirmed speculation.

I am eager to try this out in my hand to see if I'd be comfortable with it. If not then it is an S3 for me...unless the I can somehow hold off for the new Nexus phones.

just try the original note, wont be much different size wise :) if you can handle a note you'll be fine with this :) it takes time to adjust from what i heard and after that most of the phones will feel small ;D

Soldato
Moving away from this, does anybody have a Note 1 and how easy does it fit in jeans pockets? I wear jeans pretty much every day after work (where I wear a suit so it will fit in the jacket pocket I would have thought).

It's fine in normal jeans, no way it would fit in skinny jeans though.

@grudas After having used my note for a day my old 4" omnia 7 felt like a toy lol.

Soldato
Ah well thats good enough! Quite fancy putting a few tv shows on this phone :).

Just asked in Three when this phone was out and they replied "If and When" and walked away lol.

Soldato
I've skimmed through this thread quickly and seen the odd question similar to what I was going to ask but no harm in asking it again anyway but....

After feeling left underwhelmed by the iPhone 5 I started to look at alternatives (currently top of my list are the S3 LTE and the Xperia T) and it then made me think I don't actually really use the phone aspect of my iPhone at all so I have no need to worry about looking stupid holding a note to my head and with it slotting firmly in there in between smartphone/tablet sizing it looks like a potential purchase as it would remove the need for me to get the former. So yeah how have you found living with the note on a day to day basis? Has it ever been a hinderance or have you ever had to change anything you do to accommodate it?

:)

Soldato
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/19/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-us-launch/

Engadget said:
We'd say the wait is nearly over, but that wouldn't be telling the whole truth. Inching ever closer to a hard launch date, Samsung's Galaxy Note II is now poised to hit stateside on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and US Cellular "by mid-November." If you're seeking anything more specific than that, you'll have to hold out for individual carrier announcements. What we do know for sure, however, is that the US variant of this 5.5-incher will be packing HSPA+42 / LTE radios and sporting a nigh unchanged build -- much like the company's other flagship, the GS III. To recap, this S-Pen equipped phablet, recently unveiled at IFA 2012, features a 1280 x 720 HD Super AMOLED display, quad-core 1.6GHz Exynos processor, 2GB RAM and ships with a skinned version of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Sure, this release is shaping up to be a slow tease, but that anticipation just makes the final bow of this second act even sweeter. Official PR after the break.

Back
Top Bottom