*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Really want one of these... I'm direly in need of a change. My previous smartphone died and I've been running a nokia x2 for the last 2 months in await of iphone5/next gen SPhones... and was disappointed by Tallphone5 and massively impressed by the note2. Though I practically demand this on EE's 4G or I'll end up with an S3 LTE. I'm data heavy on my devices.

Associate
Is there any actual confirmation as to whether it has 4G or not? Really want to have it 4G enabled and would pay to have it delivered from the US (assuming it'll work here?) if the international version doesn't have it

Associate
I just phoned Clove, apparently the stock they're getting in on the 28th won't be 4G capable.

Whether that rules out any supplier getting 4G units is anybody's guess. Also found online that units that are 4G enabled might still not work on the networks here? Will try and find the source for that last bit again

Associate
Soldato
well, i live in london and i reckon even if its 6-9 months i would still have the same phone and no point getting a phone that wont be able to do it

Associate
Yea, I'm not one for buying a phone every year so I'd like it future proofed to be honest, and since I live in a (albeit forgotten) capital I'd like to think we'll get some decent 4G coverage turned on soon - especially since a lot of the infrastructure is already in place

Soldato
Well, we have pre-order pricing. When are we likely to see contracts for the Note 2? On release day? Before? Afterwards?

I'm hoping to find a £30 pm 24-month contract with a decent data allowance (don't really care about the call minutes). I'm not fussy about the network, so long as it isn't O2 (I can't get reception to make calls on O2 where I live, and internet is impossible). I'm not sure how realistic that is in the coming few months?

Associate
It will take a couple of year's to get to me in Norwich & for the price to come down to something reasonable.

So a 24m contract will be good.

Associate
Well, we have pre-order pricing. When are we likely to see contracts for the Note 2? On release day? Before? Afterwards?

I'm hoping to find a £30 pm 24-month contract with a decent data allowance (don't really care about the call minutes). I'm not fussy about the network, so long as it isn't O2 (I can't get reception to make calls on O2 where I live, and internet is impossible). I'm not sure how realistic that is in the coming few months?

Contracts deals are up on mobile phones direct. I noticed earlier today. It states upto 10 days for delivery at the minute.

Soldato
Really? They had tmobile when I looked earlier today.

T-Mobile have now appeared. Free phone, 600 mins, unlimited texts & 1.5GB of data for £36 a month. Very tempting.

Has anyone used Mobile Phones Direct before? :)

Mobile Phones Direct said:
Titanium Gray
GENERAL
2G - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900. 3G - HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.

OS
Android OS 4.1 Jelly Bean

PHYSICAL
151 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm. 180g.

PROCESSOR
Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9, Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. 2GB RAM

DISPLAY
5.5” Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen. Corning Gorilla Glass 2

MEMORY
16GB internal storage, microSD up to 64GB

CONNECTIVITY
WiFi, NFC, microUSB, Bluetooth 4.0

CAMERA
8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels. 1080p video @30fps.

FEATURES
aGPS, Stereo FM, Dropbox storage, accelerometer, proximity, compass, barometer, S-Voice, S-Pen
BATTERY
Li-Ion 3100 mAh

Pretty much confirms no UK 4G version atm :(.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom