*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Wanam 3.7 is providing some supreme battery life over 3.5/3.6. I don't know what deep down stuff has changed but I'm on 1day 9 hours currently with 22% battery left and by the time I'm home it will have 3 hours screen on time.

No other tweaks/mods or changes anywhere else.

Sorry to pester you again, my good "turk" ;) but could I pinch your link for that, as I'm finding 3.4s battery life appalling. I am a very heavy user though (6-10hrs a day of screen on), so I may have to lower my expectations somewhat...

Soldato
So whats the best way about arranging a repair with samsung, phone, website? My usb connection has all of sudden decided to fail, ive done nothing to it since it was working perfectly before, now i have to have the cable lifted up so its at a slight angle to charge, im tempted to buy the bit for about £8 on ebay and replace it myself hearing about peoples horror stories with repairs

Soldato
Wanam 3.7 is providing some supreme battery life over 3.5/3.6. I don't know what deep down stuff has changed but I'm on 1day 9 hours currently with 22% battery left and by the time I'm home it will have 3 hours screen on time.

No other tweaks/mods or changes anywhere else.

can it get better than 3.5 ?!?!?!
Will load 3.7 today after work then :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Easily worth giving it a go :)

So whats the best way about arranging a repair with samsung, phone, website? My usb connection has all of sudden decided to fail, ive done nothing to it since it was working perfectly before, now i have to have the cable lifted up so its at a slight angle to charge, im tempted to buy the bit for about £8 on ebay and replace it myself hearing about peoples horror stories with repairs

They will probably claim moisture damage on the USB port (seems to be common practice for service centres :/) - If you're capable of soldering then DIY may be the best option!

Associate

I had a similar issue that turned out to be some cadbury's creme egg foil that had managed to work its way deep into the port. Some careful tweezer work later normal function was resumed. I now keep my creme eggs in a different pocket...

Soldato
Easily worth giving it a go :)

They will probably claim moisture damage on the USB port (seems to be common practice for service centres :/) - If you're capable of soldering then DIY may be the best option!

no soldering required :) it comes as a complete board, two ribbons to attach and thats about it from what I could see from the guide i saw, funny thing is when i got to work this morning plugged it into my mains charger on my desk at voila it worked without having to wiggle it around..

Man of Honour
no soldering required :) it comes as a complete board, two ribbons to attach and thats about it from what I could see from the guide i saw, funny thing is when i got to work this morning plugged it into my mains charger on my desk at voila it worked without having to wiggle it around..

I had the same problem with my S3 a while back, after about a week it sorted itself out and it's been fine ever since.

Associate
Hey guys I have found out I have the insane chip after testing it with that emmc app, I rooted my phone way back in November and haven't changed since, all i did was root it, I didn't change ROM and I still have the 4.1.1 version loaded.

Could someone advise what is the best thing to do? How do I go back to unrooted etc.

Associate
****, I think my phone is now crocked. Was stuck on the homescreen after I got notification of a message and I couldn't turn it off. Took the battery out and put it back in and it is just stuck on the initial boot screen and then sometimes loops.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you can't get into download mode (vol down + power when off) then you won't be able to use Odin to flash a stock firmware over so it will have to go to Samsung for repair under warranty sadly!

Soldato
I had the same problem with my S3 a while back, after about a week it sorted itself out and it's been fine ever since.

yeah really weird, the following day i plugged it into my mains charger and it worked perfectly and has been since, maybe it was just some crud or something stuck in the port, at least i dont have to worry about it now :) was going to go with a HTC One but may end up keeping this for a bit longer yet

Soldato
Few things...:
After every restart, Samsung keyboard is set as default and have to change it to Swype every time...
And for no reason, after each wake I have info that sd card is being mounted...and few times had error that it is corrupted...don't want to loose all backups...is there a cloud backup option?

Soldato
Just ordered on of those ZeroLemon 9300 MAH batteries with TPU case.

Should be interesting to see how much Life I get out of it, most seem to report about 20 hours of screen time, I currently get about 4 or 4.5 with mid brightness settings.

Might also finally put a ROM on it, I don't want anything fancy just something extremely stable and good for battery.

Back
Top Bottom