*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Man of Honour
Well I seem to have messed up my Note II and now require a factory reset!

So this seems like the perfect time to try some custom ROM's for my N7105, any suggestions?

Associate
Just got the zero lemon for note 2 this Monday and what a beast!
took it off charge 100% around 1am Tuesday Morning and it's been on for nearly 2 days now with 11h screen on time and still 20% left. Bare in mind this is the first charge and it was a top up from unboxing. I wonder how it will turn out after a couple of charge cycles.

Soldato
[IMGhttp://www.imgur.com/iDC5aX1.png[/IMG]
This doesn't look right. Original 2 amp charger.

Probably needs calibrating - have you done this in Battery Monitor?

Just came across this Kickstarter project. I've been saying for ages I want a wireless charging dock, especially for my car; this looks perfect (if not cheap at around £65 on the Earlybird) with a good charging current (2A will be supported) which has historically been an issue with wireless charging.

Soldato
Silly question may be...when texting a few months ago i wanted to type tjf, it kept changing it to the, but I wanted tjf. Now everytime I want to type the it changes it to the default of tjf....quite frustrating, any ideas how to wipe default spelling changes?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Depends on what keyboard you are using. if it's tjf Samsung stock one then there's a dictionary option where you can delete custom words iirc. I don't have it installed but that's what I remember.

Soldato
Had my note 2 since november last year and this is the first time anything like this has happened on it....

I was in the middle of a game and the game crashed and it went black...Then the lock screen came up...then it flashed off...then it came up...then it flashed off.... and this kept repeating untill i took the battery out.

Any idea what could have caused this?

overclocking problem?

Its the first time this is happened.

Soldato
Silly question may be...when texting a few months ago i wanted to type tjf, it kept changing it to the, but I wanted tjf. Now everytime I want to type the it changes it to the default of tjf....quite frustrating, any ideas how to wipe default spelling changes?

When the word you wish to delete appears in the available words section, just hold your finger on the selection until the library option screen appears and select 'remove xxxx from library'.

That seems to be a generic function I've noticed in the four keyboards I use (Swype, Minum, SwiftKey, Google Keyboard)

Associate
Anybody experienced a N2 making a call and then after 10 seconds just going silent? I.E it still thinks that the call is in place but you try talking and neither the other end can hear you and you can't hear them. Once like this, it takes around 30 seconds for the device to realise that there is no call and hangs up but then needs a reset to get it working again.

My 8 month old N2 has started to do this and its getting frustrating. Done an eMMC check and unfortunately I have the "insane" chip :( Am running 4.1.2, the latest I can grab from Samsung, and the device hasn't been rooted or anything so totally stock. Tried the trick of filling the phone memory with dummy files and then deleting them, didn't work, and also running without the SD card but still no joy :(

O2 don't have a clue about it so are running through the standard scenario of changing SIM card and then moving onto "engineering" meaning return and replace.

Man of Honour
Had my note 2 since november last year and this is the first time anything like this has happened on it....

I was in the middle of a game and the game crashed and it went black...Then the lock screen came up...then it flashed off...then it came up...then it flashed off.... and this kept repeating untill i took the battery out.

Any idea what could have caused this?

overclocking problem?

Its the first time this is happened.

I had that with my old S2, the device couldn't seem to hold the overclock after 10 months. I don't bother overclocking my phones any more as it regularly seems to cause similar problems and I have never noticed the performance difference as most devices are thermal or GPU constrained anyway.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My N2 has started to randomly freeze. It's happened a few times over the last week in the morning. Doing something then it would freeze needing a forced reboot.

I've also had it not wake up. I'm thinking it's the ROM as I've had Wanamlite on there since forever and each new version has just been an install on top.

I'm going to try a new ROM anyway as I've gotten a bit bored so will try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2336271

Looks good enough, supports S-Pen properly and is 4.3 and good battery. AOKP is what I had on my S2/S3 so am at home with the level of customisation.

Just need to sort out what I'm going to do with the SD card migration from exFAT to FAT32 as I won't be able to use the card to store large videos any more although I realise USB OTG is easily doable as I have a spare 32GB USB stick I can use if needed.

Soldato
M note stared to unmount and then mount ad card on every wake....not keen on factory reset...

I quite like MIUI Rom I've seen on friends s3...I bet it doesn't support s-pen does it?

Soldato
Looks good enough, supports S-Pen properly and is 4.3 and good battery. AOKP is what I had on my S2/S3 so am at home with the level of customisation.

PAC Man makes AOKP's level of customisation look feeble :p

With ProBAM/PAC you get the all important DPI per app plus CM10+ goodies.

Soldato
May have just ordered a Note II. :p

£22pm (£18.27pm if cashback goes through OK) with possible £40 Quidco (chancing my arm) as well. 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb data with O2. Finally got away from Three's awful coverage.

Back
Top Bottom