*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Is there a method to start monitoring using it? I've installed it shortly after my post earlier today and it's been running in the background, I've used the phone, charged it a bit etc. Should I be checking it after a full charge or what? :)

Soldato
Is there a method to start monitoring using it? I've installed it shortly after my post earlier today and it's been running in the background, I've used the phone, charged it a bit etc. Should I be checking it after a full charge or what? :)

Keep it running always in the background - not noticed it using up any battery.

Basically you can use it to see how much mA is used when doing varoius things throughout the day. Yellow bar indicated screen on and green bar indicated charging (as you probably already know).

Open the app and click on the history button to see this:

0KPDwMp.png

We just wanted to see your charging current from something like 10 - 90%.

If you could post up what you have so far. Have you entered the calibration info?

Also don't press back to exit the app as it could close it (settings in the option to keep it open even if you do press back a few times)

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I already enabled the always on option aye :)

I've actually used the app once in the past, just forgot, I see a history item for the 22nd. Anyway, here's what it's showing so far:

rps20130703_184435_322.jpg

Oh and that 6PM charging is from the official charger, anything before is from a Blackberry one which outputs something like 750mA iirc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool - looking forward to seeing a long charge stats in deep sleep with screen off.

My sister was round earlier with her Note 2, so I installed the app and will check it when I see her next.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Will have to leave it another night of charging/use really as I found out my USB cable had turned duff as it was being seen as a USB power source not AC so all these weeks or maybe months I've been charging via mains as a USB source and not realising and since I charge every now and then never twigged.

Changed cable and it's seen as an AC source again so will post results this time tomorrow :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I plugged it in earlier at 8%, it's at 28% now and it's been not even an hour, maybe 30mins, we shall see :p

Edit* The above was at 22:30, it's now 23:30 and the battery is at 72%. I'll post the history screen in the moring so you can see charge current and drop currents over night.

Last edited:
Associate
Main reason is because the menu button is now being incorporated into the app design i.e. 3 dot menu button at the top right and with on screen button devices if the menu button isn't done the correct way then it is shown as an on screen button.

I would say that more people (including myself) would use the MT button far more these days than a menu capacitive button (how often do you go into app settings once you have the app setup the way you like? :p), I just couldn't put up with having to hold down a certain button for 1-2 seconds in order to open the MT window (especially when you want to multi-task quickly), use it far too much now.

It seems like LG and Samsung are the only ones that will keep that setup, however, supposedly Samsung will have a complete new design next year so who knows, maybe they will get rid of their current button arrangement.............. (LG will do whatever Samsung do :o)

It's a complete waste of screen space for starters. A physical button is good because the biggest selling devices all have them, starting with the iPhone and then the Galaxy series phones. Patents aside having a physical button is just plain good ergonomics. Easier for parents and grandparents to use, a place to touch base if you will, if anything goes wrong :D

Android seemed to follow this path because they are afraid of litigation. 99% of the time it's just there, looking at you taking up valuable screen estate on your phone or tablet.

Soldato
I plugged it in earlier at 8%, it's at 28% now and it's been not even an hour, maybe 30mins, we shall see :p

Edit* The above was at 22:30, it's now 23:30 and the battery is at 72%. I'll post the history screen in the moring so you can see charge current and drop currents over night.

44% in an hr :cool:

Let us know if you had anything actively running (apps/processes) while charging.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
44% in an hr :cool:

Let us know if you had anything actively running (apps/processes) while charging.

Here's when I started charging and stopped around after midnight:
Screenshot_2013-07-05-09-47-27.png
You can see that 1587mA of approx current was reaching the phone, less than the rated 2A the charger is outputting. Leads me to believe the kernel isn't drawing in 2A but set to pull in less?

Here's trough the night. I always have apps running, PowerAmp's BT/Headset service and all apps syncing etc:
Screenshot_2013-07-05-09-47-37.png

And here's this morning with checking games (draw/wordfeud etc), emails and so on:
Screenshot_2013-07-05-09-47-41.png

Currently the battery is at 58% after 11 hours and 39 minutes. That's with 1 hour 54 minutes of screen on time at max brightness. Bluetooth is on but not active, wifi is on but not active and nothing else changed. Daily routine I suppose.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers mrk. Great info there.

As you said ~1.5A must just be the soft limitation that Samsung set. My tab 7.7 charges at 1.65A on a 2A charger where's my S4 does 1.9A (has qualcomm's quick charge technology).

Still a very decent charge time of under 3hrs for a full charge with big battery.

I'll post my sister's charge currents when I can.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No problem :)

Also, those not liking AMOLED's saturated colours might want to set it to "Natural" under screen display mode.

Dynamic/Standard:
SN2_Dynamic.jpg

Natural:
SN2_Natural.jpg

Soldato
Okay, I have a note 2, and I'm running Firefox as a browser on the phone. Now I like it, but I want it to do a few things that the default internet browser does. And just wondered if I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Main thing is that firefox seems to play videos in the browser rather than launching the external android video player. I'd prefer it to launch the video player? Can this be altered?

Also, when you type into the address bar at the top using continuous input, everytime you stop it gives you a fullstop instead of a space. I'm guessing as it thinks i'm entering a website rather than a search query. Can I change this? I like doing my searching in the address bar.

Cheers ears.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Okay, I have a note 2, and I'm running Firefox as a browser on the phone. Now I like it, but I want it to do a few things that the default internet browser does. And just wondered if I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Main thing is that firefox seems to play videos in the browser rather than launching the external android video player. I'd prefer it to launch the video player? Can this be altered?

Also, when you type into the address bar at the top using continuous input, everytime you stop it gives you a fullstop instead of a space. I'm guessing as it thinks i'm entering a website rather than a search query. Can I change this? I like doing my searching in the address bar.

Cheers ears.

Video playback is built into it this way really, I think it's quite good though, just long press the video and view full screen.

I get instant search results when just searching in the title bar though, Firefox Beta.

Back
Top Bottom