*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a handlebar mount? I'm thinking of using my phone as satnav and cycle computer.

There are a few on fleabay, but just wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

Soldato
Aaargh, went to grab my car key-fob from the pocket under my wheelchair, only for the lanyard to pull my phone out with it and drop onto the grass, about 35cm up.

The screen now has a large, but very fine crack - it still works, no noticeable damage to touch screen ability and seems no damage to the l*E*d.

I popped into speak to someone at the 3 store, whose advice was "Claim on your Home Insurance".
I've been given a number to call Samsung and arrange a repair at whatever cost, but surely there's a reasonable expectation for a phone to resist such minor impacts?

I'll call the 0330 number I've been given - presumably it's Samsung, but I'll not be happy if they attempt to charge me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bud it's your fault, they have the right to charge you. But good luck, it's worth a try.

The Note 2 doesn't have an LCD :p. It's OLED.

Agreed, the phone falling was my fault.

In contention: Whether I should have a reasonable expectation for an expensive device to survive a minor impact (35cm), onto grass, without significant damage :confused:

Soldato
Agreed, the phone falling was my fault.

In contention: Whether I should have a reasonable expectation for an expensive device to survive a minor impact (35cm), onto grass, without significant damage :confused:
I was having a clear out the other day when I came across my old HTC Hero. As it was going to get binned, and there just happened to be a 5lbs hammer nearby, I thought I'd break it. I held the HTC in my left hand and hit the screen with the hammer several times - not even a dent!

Now, if a butterfly farts in China my Note II will implode!

Back
Top Bottom