*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Didn't get a tracking number yet!

Called parcel fail and they have nothing for my postcode and only 4 parcels picked up from gummobile :(

gummobile are open today, try calling them? With mine Gummobile messed up with the billing/delivery address so now getting sent out to billing add rather than delivery...

Associate
With the Note 2 at the national hub there was no way
I could collect it today.

I'm going to go and see what the offer is in London tomorrow.
I may as well.

Caporegime
I love that Samsung have taken a leaf out of HTC's book with regards to the camera/gallery editing features, especially slow motion recording! Such a good feature :cool: Wonder why they can't use 720P HD recording though (same with the one series phones), is the hardware just not powerful enough for that res. with regards to keeping a constant 120FPS@720P?

Will the GS 3 be getting some of these software features?

Soldato
I still can't get over the fact that some of you guys who have phones arriving on Monday are getting on a train tomorrow to go and buy it a day early! ...I always thought that I was an impatient SOB, but this takes the biscuit!

Still, I guess it's refreshing to know that it isn't only Apple who can inspire such devotion to their products.

Associate
Well to be fair if your getting the money back it's a no lose
scenario.

Although clearly if I had anything important to do I wouldn't be going!

I also put my note 2 on eBay that is on the way.

If I can make a profit ill sell it if not ill return it- depends on the cost tomorrow of course.

Last edited:
Associate
I called up Westfield Stratford, and the Samsung representative informed me that they will not be receiving 4G enabled Note II's. :(

I was wondering, is it actually worth getting it in 4G?

Associate
I also called the Samsung store, the guy confirmed that they will only have the 16gb white 3G version tomorrow.

He also said he is pretty sure there will be a 4G version available pretty soon, he said they are waiting for EE to announce it.

As much as I want this phone now I will be waiting a little longer for a Grey one that works on EE's 4G.

Associate
This is absolutely ridiculous. I called up Samsung's store at Westfield again today to see if they had received any information from the Samsung management regarding the prices.

This is what the representative on the phone said:

"The Note II's will be selling for £569.00 sim-free."

I asked why they were going to be charging more than the online retailers even though Samsung stated that they would be doing a special promotional price, and this is what he had to say:

"I am not sure why the retailers are under-cutting the price. I'm sure when the Samsung management are made aware of the low prices being advertised by the retailers, they will be angry at these retailers."

:mad:

Associate
I think that isn't a price promotion.

I think that Samsung isn't stupid. It's bad PR to say
there is a price promotion when there isn't one.

I think, and I stress I'm speculating that there will be either a lower
Price tomorrow which is a special price just for tomorrow or
they will be giving away something with the phone.

Of course I could be wrong but I don't think
Samsung would make a big deal about the price if it
wasn't a special price.

Soldato

wasn't a special price.

Galaxy Note poetry?

Soldato
This is absolutely ridiculous. I called up Samsung's store at Westfield again today to see if they had received any information from the Samsung management regarding the prices.

This is what the representative on the phone said:

"The Note II's will be selling for £569.00 sim-free."

I asked why they were going to be charging more than the online retailers even though Samsung stated that they would be doing a special promotional price, and this is what he had to say:

"I am not sure why the retailers are under-cutting the price. I'm sure when the Samsung management are made aware of the low prices being advertised by the retailers, they will be angry at these retailers."

:mad:

Sounds like the employees at the Samsung store are not very well informed about the launch promo event, or the phone it's based around. We've already had one tell a member that the phone will be 4G, will work on EE, and that no other supplier will be selling them for a couple of weeks - which is absolute rubbish [link to post].

To suggest that "Samsung management" aren't aware of the price that their new product is selling for is just daft beyond reason.

wasn't a special price.

That all sounds rather optimistic... As I've said, I wouldn't trust much of anything coming from the Samsung reps at this point, given the contradicting information we're getting, so until you see the price advertised, consider it "unknown". Still, it would surprise me very much if the price was lower than that offered by online retailers, however Samsung may describe the "special offer".

I can't imagine there will be much in the way of "giving things away with the phone". You may get (say) a free in-car charger, but that's about all you can hope for.

Back
Top Bottom