*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
My gummobile order is awaiting dispatch now.... Be lucky if it turns up tomorrow :D

Spoke to them today, ordered last night for sat delivery, they are saying samsung has asked them to ensure no orders get delivered before monday.

mine says the same awaiting dispatch but apparently its due for monday. They will be refunding the sat delivery charges.

Associate
I hope they don't wait because if gummobile don't ship today I will go and buy one on Sunday and get a refund and they lose my money as I just don't see any point waiting.

Of course I expect that they will not ship until Monday.

Soldato
if the price is good i might go and grab one sunday too but i would guess retail would be more than online deals unless they do some amazing launch day offer

Soldato
Boom :D

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order, we can now confirm it has been dispatched and will be with you shortly.

If you experience and problems or delays, please contact us and we will be happy to help.

We hope you love your phone!

(In a bid to be more environmentally friendly we have sent your invoice via email)

Kind Regards

Gum Mobile

Soldato
Boom :D

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order, we can now confirm it has been dispatched and will be with you shortly.

If you experience and problems or delays, please contact us and we will be happy to help.

We hope you love your phone!

(In a bid to be more environmentally friendly we have sent your invoice via email)

Kind Regards

Gum Mobile

Niiiice :D

I'm green with envy :p

Associate
I got that email too.

My experience is that means it has gone to the warehouse to be shipped on Monday and not actually been collected.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm sure I'm not.

Actually I blame Samsung. If they released it Monday I would wait but
now I'm really unsure what to do!

Associate
Teledude and rahularora1: Did you both go for the white version?

Wanted the grey but went for white , just got the gummobile dipsatch email as well..
Description Qty Status
Samsung Galaxy Note II Marble White Sim Free 1 Dispatched 28 Sep 2012

On a another note, spoke to Westfield Stratford Samsung, theyve said the following:

sim free available post 1pm sunday, price at £549, PAYG £559/569 depending on network credit etc. Only white instock at the moment, no news on Grey as yet, stock is only 3G, 4G to launch at a later date.

Oh and westfield shepherds bush wont be stocking it on Sunday

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually I blame Samsung. If they released it Monday I would wait but now I'm really unsure what to do!

Just wait and see.

If the Samsung deal is cheaper than the one you have, go grab one. Otherwise, ask yourself whether the extra day and a half that you'll have the phone is going to be worth the difference in price, plus the hassle of sending back the other phone.

Who knows - maybe it will be with you on Saturday?

Well they billed and charged my card for Saturday delivery...have emailed asking for a tracking code!

...sounds like a good sign.

I expect a full rundown to be posted by you guys tomorrow! :D

Associate
Your Parcel Force tracking number is PB.... Unfortunately as the release date is set by Samsung for the 1st October we have been informed by them that phones cannot be delivered before this date. The phone will be with you Monday and we will refund the delivery charger to you.

Now if it arrives Monday then I can wait.

If it doesn't ship until Monday I can't.

I guess if it shows tracking later I will know for sure.

That £549 price from Samsung is more expensive but maybe it will come
with other bonus things for being first which may make
it worth it.

Associate
Just wait and see.

If the Samsung deal is cheaper than the one you have, go grab one. Otherwise, ask yourself whether the extra day and a half that you'll have the phone is going to be worth the difference in price, plus the hassle of sending back the other phone.

Who knows - maybe it will be with you on Saturday?

...sounds like a good sign.

I expect a full rundown to be posted by you guys tomorrow! :D

Just spoke to gummobile again - they will be refunding the delivery charge, phone def wont be delivered tomorrow

Associate
I'm impatient. I accept that.

I realise that if it has actually been collected by PF then
it will get delivered on Monday and I can wait one night.

But if it hasn't left their offices then may as well cancel and pick it up
in person. That's how I see it.

We will see later.

Associate
Just spoke to Samsung Westfield who said the price is not known yet as its being kept secret by Samsung :p
He did confirm that they will have the 4G models AND compatible with UK networks.
He did also confirm that they will only have the white version and that the grey will be delayed for about 2 weeks.
He also said Samsung will be the only one selling the phone exclusively in the first two weeks after which other providers will be able to sell which I found hard to believe.

Soldato
Just spoke to Samsung Westfield who said the price is not known yet as its being kept secret by Samsung :p
He did confirm that they will have the 4G models AND compatible with UK networks.

...Which is in direct contradiction to this:

On a another note, spoke to Westfield Stratford Samsung, theyve said the following:

sim free available post 1pm sunday, price at £549, PAYG £559/569 depending on network credit etc. Only white instock at the moment, no news on Grey as yet, stock is only 3G, 4G to launch at a later date.

He also said Samsung will be the only one selling the phone exclusively in the first two weeks after which other providers will be able to sell which I found hard to believe.

... and the above is in direct contradiction to the guys who have received their shipping confirmation. Sounds like some sneaky salesmanship to me.

It does seem a little crazy that, this close to release date, and with pre-orders shipping, we still don't know whether one of the most important features will be present, and/or will be operational in the UK (i.e. 4G).

Back
Top Bottom