*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Galaxy Note poetry?

Haha! Nice.
Quite peed off by Samsung. If they had one functional brain cell between them they could have made this launch (and the launch of the S3 for that matter) sensational.
They've been so focused on copying Apple's style in other aspects (eg. store layout). Couldn't they copy the way they launch products?
I'll still be heading out to Westfield tomorrow because of the conflicting/confusing info each of us is getting. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed.
Want the 4G in grey. If they don't have, it will have to be a very good deal for me to be convinced to buy otherwise.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll still be heading out to Westfield tomorrow because of the conflicting/confusing info each of us is getting. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed.
Want the 4G in grey. If they don't have, it will have to be a very good deal for me to be convinced to buy otherwise.

Well absolutely nowhere has suggested that the grey version is available. Even the super-optimistic Samsung-store employee who claimed that a "4G EE-compatible version" would be on sale also said that there would be no stock of the grey phone.

I'm expecting the following from the "launch event":

White only
3G only
16Gb
£549+
No significant "free gift" (i.e. nothing worth more than £20).

If I'm wrong, feel free to ridicule me tomorrow. But I doubt it.

Quite peed off by Samsung. If they had one functional brain cell between them they could have made this launch (and the launch of the S3 for that matter sensational).
They've been so focused on copying Apple's style in other aspects (eg. store layout). Couldn't they copy the way they launch products?

I have to agree here... Samsung have a lot to learn from Apple with regards product launches. They should have set a solid launch date, annaunced weeks in advance, and all their stores should have at least a reasonable amount of stock on day one. If this means they need to push the release date back a few days then so be it.

Operating in this way they could actually make the launch "an event", rather than the product just dribbling onto the scene in dribs and drabs.

Associate
The special price came from Samsung PR but they didn't say what the price was.

The PR people know what is happening.

What I expect is around £550 and voucher for movies/apps/music.

If it is less than £500 it would be a miracle!

If it comes in at £570 and nothing else then ill probably just wait until Monday.

Associate
I do like the grey but I think white looks so good with so many different colours that I
Am happy with that.

As for 4G. I don't think it's worth worrying about that as EE will require a special 4G tariff and sim and will most likely require a new phone anyway.

Associate
:mad:Okay forget the 4G looks like I'll probably be waiting for EE to pull their finger out forever. Where can I get the best deal on a sim only in grey.

Digitalphone.co.uk are selling it for £500 but it is only available in white at the moment. I really don't want white, I had a white iPhone 4S then white SGSIII.

I need it in grey now....please help

Soldato
32GB Grey 4G version for me please, I will wait a while. :)

My brother keeps asking me every day for my S3, I told him to wait a while. I reckon he will end up buying one from elsewhere if Samsung don't hurry up! The phone itself looks amazing but the release and mixed (or lack off) information really is appalling from Samsung.

Associate
Ok. Standing in front of their Westfield shop. About 30 or so people lined up. Kind of reminiscent of Apple ques but not as dramatic. Balloons in the door entrance. Shop keepers getting things prepared inside. Will update.

Back
Top Bottom