*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Funny thing is, they kept telling me how no one would have it for cheaper. When I told them they was mention of a "special price" online, not a SINGLE ONE OF THEM had a clue!?!
I had to show them online!
Plus, apparently there was a reservation system online, although I was reassured they have "plenty of stock"

Last edited:
Soldato
5 Hour drive and hotel for this phone? Must be on drugs.

Crazy stuff...

If he'd done his research then he would have known that there was no grey version, and that 4G was unlikely.

But then, when you're famous, you don't need to look into things. You just waltz in and demand what you want, and if you don't get it, you stamp your feet and pout. On twitter.

Associate
I paid £549.99 sim free. Maybe she put in the wrong price ;)

Turns out they gave me a discount not sure why. They didn't even mention
it. I just checked the receipt. Um. Wierd.

It is awesome though. Screen quality is much better and jellybean
Is a big improvement.

Associate
I paid £549.99 sim free. Maybe she put in the wrong price ;)

Turns out they gave me a discount not sure why. They didn't even mention
it. I just checked the receipt. Um. Wierd.

Is a big improvement.

it was an absolute shambles, one minute its 4g, 569 next minute no 4g, 569 then on check out after a LOT of ppeople had walked out it came out at 549, staff were pretty clueless...

Soldato
Is a big improvement.

Much better than... which phone?!

More details please - as the first OcUK-er to get his hands on the phone, you have a moral duty to deconstruct it for us mere plebians :p

On an unrelated note, I've been looking around the web, and it seems that we can expect around £10 per month extra to upgrade to a 4G contract from EE - assuming you're on Orange or T-mobile presently (and have a compatible 4G handset). Orange and T-mobile customers will be able to migrate existing contracts to 4G (paying the additional 4G tariff of course) without penalty, and will be sent a replacement SIM card.

The EE 4G network will be available in 16 UK cities by the end of 2012 (including Nottingham; yay...).

edit: list of cities for 2012 4G:

Belfast
Birmingham
Bristol
Cardiff
Derby
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Hull
Leeds
Liverpool
London