*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Interestingly I've just had a DHL :)() dispatch notification for the 16GB Grey one I ordered on friday from Handtec.

they do say
v2instock5_sml.jpg
for the grey.

Soldato
Really?! That's... interesting. Hope you don't just get a white one.

Me too - but I hope not as I got the email about contacting them if i wanted to change the order to white but I didn't.

Bear in mind my location - probably won't get here until Weds but it doesn't bother me. I'm one of those rare creatures on here that doesn't mind waiting for my consumer electronics :p

Soldato
Interesting that Handtec have stock of the grey phone, but not the flagship Samsung store!

Well, unsurprisingly no change on my contract order from buymobiles. I'm just hoping it arrives sometime in the next 3 weeks...

Associate
So I've been driving all this time or would have shared my thoughts.

First of all 549 in the end wasn't a huge price difference, sure £20 but hey I got a cupcake. I will sell the other - incidentally check eBay if your interested. Right now it's going for £520.

The software is very slick, 4.1 and Samsung's improvements in general are great. The pop up browser when you do a google search is great.

The phone even lets you know if you forgot to put your stylus back and walked away.

The screen looks much sharper than the previous note and even the SIII with more natural colours. It uses a re configured version of super AMOLED that has more sub-pixels and you can see the difference.

Any questions?

I really want a flip cover. I've made a make shift screen protector but its very slippery and I'd like extra protection.

For the record I think grey looks much nicer but I also think that white will look fantastic with all those different accessories whilst grey will look better stand alone.

Soldato
Hi spinstorm - since you're taking requests... :p

It sounds like you have an S3 to compare with? If so - what would you say are the main differences between the phones (other than the obvious; size and s-pen functionality)? Is the screen really that much better than the S3?

Cheers :)

Placed an order with Handtec for the grey model! Should get it this Tuesday! :D

Almost tempted to do the same...

*writes "patience is a virtue" 100 times*

Associate
I had a note 1 originally but it became laggy and slow compared to the HTC One X and then S3 so I sold it.

The stylus is larger than the original note. It definitely feels much better and is more responsive to the touch as well. The hover functionality ie, pop-up stuff is actually pretty cool and useful. I admit it only saves a couple of seconds but it feels more efficient.

The stylus definitely, sorry s-pen makes the note 2 more of a productivity and/or artistic device and its an added benefit.

It's larger than the S3 despite being easier to hold than the original note I do worry I might drop it. I can't wait for a flip cover. I don't want to use a case because it makes it bulky but a flip cover for protection is enough.

I do think the screen is significantly better and just pops more - have a look at this image below to see what I mean (click on it as embedded its huge).

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/reviews/119540-image/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-Review-025b.jpg

Anything else?

Associate
Almost tempted to do the same...

*writes "patience is a virtue" 100 times*

I just couldn't wait; too impatient. :(

I really wanted to get the 4G one since I live in London (London is one of the first cities to get 4G by EE), but the waiting would kill me. :rolleyes:

I hope I don't regret this impatient decision by me. :p

Associate
Interestingly enough nowhere on the phone or the box or any documentation included is there any mention of what bands the phone supports.

It may well be 3G only but I can tell you for a fact that there is no way that the people at the Samsung store will know for sure if it doesn't say on the phones and systems.

Someone will need to poke around in the phone to find out.

Soldato
Interestingly enough nowhere on the phone or the box or any documentation included is there any mention of what bands the phone supports.

It may well be 3G only but I can tell you for a fact that there is no way that the people at the Samsung store will know for sure if it doesn't say on the phones and systems.

Someone will need to poke around in the phone to find out.

isnt there a sticker on the back, inside the cover near the battery (bottom right corner?)

as pointed out earlier in this thread

Associate
No there isn't any sticker on the inside of the phone with the bands.

What I did notice is that the NFC is on the back cover so that will make the replacing the covers more expensive as if they don't have the NFC antenna built in you will lose functionality.

Last edited:
Associate
Any one have a clue when Three will have stock of this and it's price?

Went into Phones4u today as they had an advertisement on the window saying Note 2 now available, went in and got the woman got one out the back for me, let me have a little play then went to get the prices, only to say there weren't any prices as it's not for sale yet, fun times.

I realise the release date is tomorrow, but I can't seem the find prices sim free for any high street stores.

Back
Top Bottom